Pelini May Coach LSU in NC Title Game

Wally

This may be a dead spot for recruiting for all the schools who are preparing themselves for a bowl game, however, I think it would be a great time for a brand new coach at a struggling school to get out and talk with recruits.

Can't. It's not allowed by NCAA rules.

why the heck would a guy that just got hired as a head coach put his new team on hold to go back as an assistant for a game. Yeah it's the NC but come on. That would put so much doubt in his leadership. Don't you think he's gonna bust his balls to get to a championship as a head coach, and not fall back as an assistant? <_<

I've been a member of this website only a short time, but in that time, I distinctly recall reading how Callahan treated NU players like meat, as if he didn't know them, and, most importantly, as if he didn't respect them as players. He showed no loyalty, as I seem to heva read several times in the Lincoln newspaper. Now, many of you are complaining that Bo has neither the right nor the reason to go with LSU to the national championship. Well, before you form an opinion on that, remember this: LSU players are young men who worked as hard as any NU player. And just as you asked Callahan to respect Nebraska traditions and the very people who played for NU and left their hearts on the field in Memorial Stadium (which Callahan didn't seem to do), so too should you expect your new coach to respect the players who have worked for him at LSU. Think about it: Bo walks into some new recruit's home and when they ask why he went with LSU to the NC game and he's wearing a championship ring, then he's also showing that young man what dedication and loyalty is all about. And that one very quality, loyalty, or the lack of, is something I heard many, many people complian about every time I attended a recent game at Memorial Stadium. So, you go ahead and coach LSU in the NC game, Bo: the lesson you teach will be invaluable.

The exposure NE gains by him coaching cannot be bought.

Bo: "Just got done coaching in the NC game. Did you see our D? We owned Ohio State. Now I'm a head coach at Nebraska. How would you like to play for us?"

Recruit: "Would I!?!?!?!?"

You guys are IDIOTS if you don't see the credibility it adds to allow Bo to coach in this game. It only has upside for the Nebraska program.

The exposure NE gains by him coaching cannot be bought.

Bo: "Just got done coaching in the NC game. Did you see our D? We owned Ohio State. Now I'm a head coach at Nebraska. How would you like to play for us?"

Recruit: "Would I!?!?!?!?"

You guys are IDIOTS if you don't see the credibility it adds to allow Bo to coach in this game. It only has upside for the Nebraska program.

No sir, you are the idiot. The only way he can coach in the bowl game would be to go back to being a full time assistant with LSU and neglecting his duties as NU coach, specifically recruiting. I don't want our coach coaching another team. He has all the credibility he needs right now. The defense won the SEC Championship for them and put the in the title game. Get a brain.

It's a question of personal interests vs. the objective (Nebraska full-steam ahead). But you have to consider the remarkably rare opportunity that would present a personal dilemna for Bo: coaching a D in the national title game against his own alma mater.

I mean, what an opportunity.

That said, Bo going back to coach the game would not sit well with me, at all.

It's a question of personal interests vs. the objective (Nebraska full-steam ahead). But you have to consider the remarkably rare opportunity that would present a personal dilemna for Bo: coaching a D in the national title game against his own alma mater.

I mean, what an opportunity.

That said, Bo going back to coach the game would not sit well with me, at all.

Give the guy a break....how many times in a lifetime do you get to play in a National Championship game? After the season LSU had, he deserves it. The D was a big part of why they are there.

It would be a great recruiting tool to use...imagine any defensive player that wouldn't want to come to Nebraska and play for the best Defensive coach in the country? They would be nuts, or momma's boys that want to stay at home.

I was being serious when I said "what an opportunity." If that were me, I would be sorely tempted. But as a Husker fan, I'm "eh..." because I want to see him wearing red from now on.

So I wouldn't like it. I'd understand it, but I wouldn't like it.

I think that judgment should be made independently of extra factors (how good it would be for recruiting tool, etc), etc.