Pelini May Coach LSU in NC Title Game

Wally

I definitely should be there, just not as DC. He should be on the sidelines giving input and jacking up the players, but I would hope he wouldn't have time to prep for that game with all the things that need to be done here. Plus he totally deserves that ring when LSU rolls THE ohio state bla bla bla...

The exposure NE gains by him coaching cannot be bought.

Bo: "Just got done coaching in the NC game. Did you see our D? We owned Ohio State. Now I'm a head coach at Nebraska. How would you like to play for us?"

Recruit: "Would I!?!?!?!?"

You guys are IDIOTS if you don't see the credibility it adds to allow Bo to coach in this game. It only has upside for the Nebraska program.

Please do not flame, troll and/or use defamatory language. Your warning level has been increased. This is your first warning, a second violation will result in a temporary ban, and a third in a permanent ban.

According to Board Rules:

No Flaming/Trolling/Defamatory posts

Strong opinions are encouraged, and debated is not only welcomed – it's the main reason the board exists. If what you are considering posting doesn’t advance the issue being discussed – if it’s just taking a “shot” at someone – then either don’t post it, or phrase it in a way that meets the rules.

There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

Any defamatory posts made against HuskerBoard, its representatives, or any other member may result in an immediate ban or temporary account disablement.

Posts outside of the general theme of the topic which you are posting within will be moved or deleted. Read more about this new board rule.

The exposure NE gains by him coaching cannot be bought.

Bo: "Just got done coaching in the NC game. Did you see our D? We owned Ohio State. Now I'm a head coach at Nebraska. How would you like to play for us?"

Recruit: "Would I!?!?!?!?"

You guys are IDIOTS if you don't see the credibility it adds to allow Bo to coach in this game. It only has upside for the Nebraska program.

No sir, you are the idiot. The only way he can coach in the bowl game would be to go back to being a full time assistant with LSU and neglecting his duties as NU coach, specifically recruiting. I don't want our coach coaching another team. He has all the credibility he needs right now. The defense won the SEC Championship for them and put the in the title game. Get a brain.

Please do not flame, troll and/or use defamatory language. Your warning level has been increased. This is your first warning, a second violation will result in a temporary ban, and a third in a permanent ban.

According to Board Rules:

No Flaming/Trolling/Defamatory posts

Strong opinions are encouraged, and debated is not only welcomed – it's the main reason the board exists. If what you are considering posting doesn’t advance the issue being discussed – if it’s just taking a “shot” at someone – then either don’t post it, or phrase it in a way that meets the rules.

There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

Any defamatory posts made against HuskerBoard, its representatives, or any other member may result in an immediate ban or temporary account disablement.

Posts outside of the general theme of the topic which you are posting within will be moved or deleted. Read more about this new board rule.

I say no for two reasons.

1) LSU has a month to prepare for the game against Ohio St. If Less Miles is any kind of leader he should be able to plug in one of the other defensive coach's and do fine. Remember 4 years agao Frank didn't get a Mulligan so to speak and the Huskers came out fine.

2) He answered the question point blank at the precc conference that he was here and ready to start work. Just cause things changed don't mean you can go back now. I thought he gained a lot of cedibility at the press conference, he will lose a bunch if he goes back on it now. They knew on the flight back what the scores were. They also knew there was a possibility that they might be back in the NC hunt. If he wanted to coach in that game he should have waited to come here or talked to TO before the press conference. I can't see TO allowing him to coach.

What really got me jazzed up was when he said he was here ready to go to work today. I understand him building that defence and whating to coach in that game but you have to ask your self if LSU knew by winning that game they were in the NC game would we have had a press conference today?

JMO

Honey, I know I broke up with Cindy and I'm all about you now, but I just found out Cindy got this awesome pair of fake boobs and you know how I am about boobies. I'm just going to sleep with her this one last time. I know you'll understand.

Jim, we here at XYZ corp. are very happy to have pulled you away from our rival in the industry. Here are all the files with the corporations we are partnering with. We have many exciting possibilities with them.

Great Bob, just throw them in my car. I am going back to my old job for just a week or so to make one last sale to qualify for my year end bonus and that trip to Hawai'i.

I don't know, in any other context it just doesn't sound right.

Honey, I know I broke up with Cindy and I'm all about you now, but I just found out Cindy got this awesome pair of fake boobs and you know how I am about boobies. I'm just going to sleep with her this one last time. I know you'll understand.

Jim, we here at XYZ corp. are very happy to have pulled you away from our rival in the industry. Here are all the files with the corporations we are partnering with. We have many exciting possibilities with them.

Great Bob, just throw them in my car. I am going back to my old job for just a week or so to make one last sale to qualify for my year end bonus and that trip to Hawai'i.

I don't know, in any other context it just doesn't sound right.

Captain K - great post! :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

i didn't realize that the overall perception down there was that bo has coached his last game as a tiger. this story sheds some light...

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/12030911.html

if thats the case... bo should go full throttle as the man at nebraska from now on.

TO and bo should've/would've talked about this before the conference. if they didn't talk about it.. bo's comment about "it would be something i would need TO's blessing on" kind of puts TO in a bad position. because now if he says no, then he kinda looks like a bad guy.

on the other hand... i can completely respect if he wants to finish what he started defensively at lsu. its a big deal to be playing for the NC. and if we as fans were at lsu right now, we'd be expecting bo to stay probably.

as far as the whole "its good for recruiting" arguement... god forbid and probably not going to happen, but what if lsu loses?

According to Channel 3 last night and the OWH this morning, this is a REAL possibility.......If Dr. Tom gives him permission, I think Bo will CONSIDER it....... My guess, it depends on how the next 2 weeks progress. If Bo feels as if everything is on schedule at NU, he will help LSU during the "dead period" and be on the sideline during the game..... If he feels "overwhelmed" a bit, I see him staying in Lincoln to keep things going.......

I don't see much of a negative by him coaching..... We need all of the PR we can get...and if Bo can't go recruit, let's have ESPN do it for us... and whatever network carries the NC game....

Relax, everything will be fine.....

How would that work? It's not like he can just show up for the game. He would have to be with the team from now til then, and he said that he is going to start recruiting and putting assistants in to place over the next few days.. and he said "there's lots of work to be done" and "i'm excited to get started". There is absolutely no way he's coaching LSU in their bowl game, none.. zero, zilch.. nada. He is the Head Coach at Nebraska now, NOT Defensive Coordinator at LSU.

Well, he hasn't signed a contract yet and there is a dead period in recruiting from Dec. 17 til Jan 1. I still don't see this as a good idea.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Especially when the NC game if on the 8th of Jan. He'd be wasting 36 days. He needs to be in Lincoln putting together a staff, meeting the team and replacing all his purple stuff with Husker Red.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Bottom line, he does NOT yet have a signed contract with NU which still makes him an LSU employee.

If he defers signing a contract there should not be any NCAA violation and no reason he could not coach in the NC game.

I also agree with those who say this would boost recruiting. It will have some effect and likely a good one.