Our new offensive coordinator

Barney Cotton's name is being thrown around out there. What capacity would he come back in? O Line?

Depends on the scheme/type of offense Bo wants to run. Does Barney have any experience in coaching the spread O? Even at coaching OL in this type of offense? I would think that they would retain Watson though. It did sound like Wags was trying to hold onto his job during the last Big Red Breakfest.

Cotton was brought in as the OC in 2003 to actually implement the spread. When he was here, we only saw about 1/3 of his playbook because Lord was too "thick" between the ears to get more of it out there. Dailey was recruited as a spread option QB rather than a pure option QB. I guess we'll never know how it would have turned out now, but yeah Cotton knows the spread. This is what ISU ran when Cotton was brought in there. Their biggest problem was that they didn't really have enough tools to run it.

i am waiting for the announcement of Turner Gill as the OC and Mike Stoops as the DC

since it was info that could be banked i am loosing money with every passing day.

They're biding their time so the announcement will have the biggest impact possible! Bank.

I think we should change up our offense to more of a spread option act. So we might need to look at a team that runs that to get our OC.

Before the CU game, the Huskers switched to a variation of the spread and that worked out pretty well. I think Watson could handle the transition.

Exactly. And I concur.