Okay, so who stays and who goes?

It'll be interesting to see who goes. Foppa has a good point about the kids not wanting to practice in pads going, and I agree - goodbye, and good luck. Bo seems to be here to work and to make the players work, so get ready to work or get ready to leave.

I think it would be a huge mistake for Marlon to leave right now. Darren McFadden, Mike Hart, Jacob Hester, Jonathon Stewart, Chris Johnson - these guys are going to eat up Marlon's draft stock something fierce. He could go now and be a fourth or fifth round pick, or he could stay and try to earn a first or second round pick. I'd like to see him stay, but if he goes we still have Kenny Wilson and Roy Helu and Quentin Castille.

I don't really see anyone else leaving for the NFL at this point. Maybe some of the guys will be disgruntled and leave because of the coaching change, that happens at every school and you can't prevent it. If nobody leaves I'll be shocked.

Marlon is not that good.

He will never make it in the NFL.

You and I may think that, but Marlon is by all accounts at least considering leaving for the NFL this year.

Hopefully Marlon isn't getting bad info from people close to him, ala Maurice Clarett. Lucky needs to develope, he just starting showing some signs of developement this year (patience, reading blocks). However if he makes the mistake of trying to come out this year in a RB laden draft, he will get buried in the lower rounds and likely buried on a depth chart as well without ever developing to his full potential. Better to get another year under your belt and be as developed as possible when you get to the NFL, and not to mention if the NFL doesnt work out he still has his degree he got for free.

imho, look for witt to transfer with ganz blooming and lee getting all those good remarks

plus, if im not mistaken, didn't he play for 4 different high schools?

i dont see Witt transfering, Shawn Watson has said alot of good things about him. in fact i have heard more good comments about Witt than i have about Lee

imho, look for witt to transfer with ganz blooming and lee getting all those good remarks

plus, if im not mistaken, didn't he play for 4 different high schools?

You know witt will still be a freshman next year right as he redshirted this year? Ganz is a senior... Soo by my calculations he still will have 3 years to play after Ganz graduates. And between him and Lee, its a competition, thats what makes it exciting. Both players push each other to new limits. :box

skersfan said Dillard hates Pelini and to look for him to transfer. That would be shocking, and disappointing, to me.

I don't know, however, undoubtedly there will be a few.

The players that will leave will be the ones who don't want to wear pads during practices. Bye.

Duly noted. And I agree.

I'll also add that, a new coaching staff presents opportunity to all the players that want to be given a fair shot, by working their tail off and proving they are the best at their positions. They will get PT if that happens.

IMO if anyone on this team jets early it would be a mistake on their part. I think Marlon has pro potential, at least as a recieving back or multiple use type of athlete, but he just isn't ready and one good year in an offense that utilizes his strengths as a runner better will put his stock through the roof, he'd have a hard time getting drafted very high without an amazing combine, IMO. I doubt many coaches in the NFL want players that admit to not trying hard all the time. Dillard seems like the only one who would potentially leave. I don't think anyone will, I think when the players get to know Pelini they will love him.

Who do you think will be ready to stay on and play under Pelini and who will decide to either a) transfer or b ) try to make it with the NFL?

I think u have to get rid of all of them the reason i say that is becuzz the players didnt play good under callahan and i think callahan just threw a coaching staff 2gethers Im not saying fire everyone but if Bo has something he wants 2 add 2 the team and tha coaching staff aint feeling it why keep em?? :dunno

Who do you think will be ready to stay on and play under Pelini and who will decide to either a) transfer or b ) try to make it with the NFL?

I think u have to get rid of all of them the reason i say that is becuzz the players didnt play good under callahan and i think callahan just threw a coaching staff 2gethers Im not saying fire everyone but if Bo has something he wants 2 add 2 the team and tha coaching staff aint feeling it why keep em?? :dunno

The thread is about the players and not the coaches which is what I think you're talking about...

It'll be interesting to see who goes. Foppa has a good point about the kids not wanting to practice in pads going, and I agree - goodbye, and good luck. Bo seems to be here to work and to make the players work, so get ready to work or get ready to leave.

I think it would be a huge mistake for Marlon to leave right now. Darren McFadden, Mike Hart, Jacob Hester, Jonathon Stewart, Chris Johnson - these guys are going to eat up Marlon's draft stock something fierce. He could go now and be a fourth or fifth round pick, or he could stay and try to earn a first or second round pick. I'd like to see him stay, but if he goes we still have Kenny Wilson and Roy Helu and Quentin Castille.

I don't really see anyone else leaving for the NFL at this point. Maybe some of the guys will be disgruntled and leave because of the coaching change, that happens at every school and you can't prevent it. If nobody leaves I'll be shocked.

Marlon is not that good.

He will never make it in the NFL.

TRUE VERY TRUE but im gonna say this 1 thing i kinda wish that jackson was still here and didnt go early I think he only played 1 game this year 4 the pack men lol if he would have stayed we might have had a better team this year and who knoes what we would have had next year

Okay, so the reasoning behind Dillard, I'm guessing, is the whole issue with OU during his recruitment.

Dillard, to media: "Pelini was trashing NU when he talked to me." (as Pelini was co-D-coord at OU at the time)

Pelini: "He's just bitter he didn't come here to OU."

Frosty, frosty...

I hope Witt stays. I like his potential a lot.