http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/10507458

• Scuttlebutt: Wake Forest's Jim Grobe dropped out of the running at Nebraska after being told he would have to hire certain assistant coaches. If a guy is going to make a career move like that, he ought to be able to hire his own staff. Bo Pelini, though, will hire several old Nebraska assistants.

If this is true it would appear that nobody other then Turner or Bo had any chance at this job. No experienced "non-Nebraska" coach would agree to that. That is just kind of odd that T.O. would make that demand on someone. I see the point of not having whole-sale changes and maybe having some people around that know what the Husker Nation is like.(I see where T.O. is coming from) However if you ask me to actually tell the guy being interviewed that he has to hire certain Assistant Coaches is kind of lame. :madash

I'm saying this is true because it was also reported in the OWH and the JournalStar they just didn't add the coaches names to it.

It also brings up that T.O. said he was going to take a backseat to the Coach, but wouldn't telling someone who they have to hire mean you are in control?

Also it seems like the DE/TE that just accepted the offer that T.O. extended to him would have been a perfect kid to have walk-on. I ask this why did it take so long for someone to finally offer this kid and why are we the only school that has done it? :dunno And why does T.O. get to extend offers now that we have a Head Coach? <_<

I just find these 2 things kind of odd and hopefully T.O. will now go back to just being the AD and let Bo do what he was hired to do.

Don't give me any crap for questioning T.O. :worship because at the end of the day he is just a man and his actions can be questioned. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/10507458

• Scuttlebutt: Wake Forest's Jim Grobe dropped out of the running at Nebraska after being told he would have to hire certain assistant coaches. If a guy is going to make a career move like that, he ought to be able to hire his own staff. Bo Pelini, though, will hire several old Nebraska assistants.

If this is true it would appear that nobody other then Turner or Bo had any chance at this job. No experienced "non-Nebraska" coach would agree to that. That is just kind of odd that T.O. would make that demand on someone. I see the point of not having whole-sale changes and maybe having some people around that know what the Husker Nation is like.(I see where T.O. is coming from) However if you ask me to actually tell the guy being interviewed that he has to hire certain Assistant Coaches is kind of lame. :madash

I'm saying this is true because it was also reported in the OWH and the JournalStar they just didn't add the coaches names to it.

It also brings up that T.O. said he was going to take a backseat to the Coach, but wouldn't telling someone who they have to hire mean you are in control?

Also it seems like the DE/TE that just accepted the offer that T.O. extended to him would have been a perfect kid to have walk-on. I ask this why did it take so long for someone to finally offer this kid and why are we the only school that has done it? :dunno And why does T.O. get to extend offers now that we have a Head Coach? <_<

I just find these 2 things kind of odd and hopefully T.O. will now go back to just being the AD and let Bo do what he was hired to do.

Don't give me any crap for questioning T.O. :worship because at the end of the day he is just a man and his actions can be questioned. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

If it was a condition of employment, then I agree and question it, a lot. If it was just a suggestion, however strong, then I generally think it is ok.

T.O. made the right call. Period. Like it or not, Nebraska is a family. We've had enough of this "I'll bring in my own assistants and do it my way." Callahan couldn't care less about Nebraska ways and tradition. We were all itching for but a REMNANT of previous Husker, but it wasn't to be found.

How many games you think we will win next year if the offense is scrapped? Heck that's not the problem. We scored tons of points this year. What our team needs is some "Give a s***", some defense, and some cahonas.

I think it is ingenious how this is all being handled. The company line is "no wholesale changes on offense, just some new wrinkles". That preserves much of our recruiting class, AND it gives us a chance to win every single game next fall. The "new wrinkles" part is going to be good.

Grobe is a loser and I knew it when I was sitting on the pot next to him.

Whatever Dude...

What the hell world were you living in? Pelini is no more FAMILY than Callahan was. 1, ONE, year does not make one family my friend.

We'll see how he does. I think he will do well. He has a lot of talent to work with, thanks to Coach Callahan and staff, don't forget that.

The team just needed a motivator on defense and I think Coach Pelini may be that guy.

Whatever Dude...

What the hell world were you living in? Pelini is no more FAMILY than Callahan was. 1, ONE, year does not make one family my friend.

We'll see how he does. I think he will do well. He has a lot of talent to work with, thanks to Coach Callahan and staff, don't forget that.

The team just needed a motivator on defense and I think Coach Pelini may be that guy.

Hey who said he was family. I was talking about T.O. and some of the long time assistants that got gutted in 03 after an AWFUL 10-3 campaign.

I'll take my 10-3 and an occasional shot at the title thank you very much.

Whatever Dude...

unless someone like oh i dunno TOM FREAKIN' OSBORNE says it does.

just saying, is all.

He has a lot of talent to work with, thanks to Coach Callahan and staff, don't forget that.

I don't know I don't think Cally's owed any thanks by the Nebraska family. Basically ran this program into the ground with all his schemes and arrogance and "talent".

But you might keep up with Cally cause he's sure going to need a full team of apologists at his next gig.

Whatever Dude...

Hey a-hole who said he was family. I was talking about T.O. and some of the long time assistants that got gutted in 03 after an AWFUL 10-3 campaign.

I'll take my 10-3 and an occasional shot at the title thank you very much.

Your warning level has been increased for violating the board's rules against personal attacks on other members.

A second violation will result in a temporary ban.

A third violation will result in a permanent ban.