Pelini to coach in NC game

Not fine by me.

As I've stated in previous threads, he is the Nebraska head coach. Any time he spends coaching LSU between now and the NC game is time he's not spending on recruiting, working with his new coaching staff, and getting to know his new players at Nebraska.

I think it's a complete contradiction for him to focus so much during the presser on how urgently things need to get done at Nebraska, and then decide he's going to divide his time over the next month between Nebraska and LSU.

I still like the guy and am excited to have him as a coach. I hate to bash him already, but I feel pretty strongly about this.

Hopefully this is just more of Les Miles lying through his teeth.

Let me just add one caveat to my last post. If Pelini were to go to the NC game, speak to the LSU team beforehand, and/or hang out on the sidelines with the team, I think that would be great.

What I would not be fine with would be him dedicating the amount of time necessary to the DC role for the game.

Let me just add one caveat to my last post. If Pelini were to go to the NC game, speak to the LSU team beforehand, and/or hang out on the sidelines with the team, I think that would be great.

What I would not be fine with would be him dedicating the amount of time necessary to the DC role for the game.

Agreed....I'm OK with him being a consultant/advisor but taking time away from recruiting? Oh the other hand...it will be great for recruiting and LSU should put the wood to his alma mater.

He has loyalty to his players....no one tell "Harp" hes gonna be mad about this.

Does he wear purple or red??

Scott

i think its really ignorant for anyone to be against him coaching in this game, there are zero negative aspects to it, only positive. it is during a dead period of recruiting i believe, so that is not a problem. it shows character, not only to fans and unl players but also potential recruits. there is not a single thing wrong with him doing this. not one thing.

Two things can happen:

1) He spends the time needed to prepare for a game of this magnitude and leaves us hanging for a month, but shuts down OSU and gets good publicity.

2) He half-asses it because he has to split time between NU and LSU and gets his ass kicked in the NC game and therefore bad publicity.

Neither choice is all that great for NU. <_< However, I do respect a man who wants to finish what he started.

A dead period in recruiting does not mean a dead period in coaching. He is the head coach, and I fear that it will set a bad precedent to the players and recruits if he were to push them aside to go coach LSU in the NC game.

There's two ways to look at it: He's fulfilling his duty to his LSU players, or that he's being selfish in spurning the NU players to coach in the NC.

Now, I'm somewhat undecided here. I'm not sure exactly of the time tables, what responsibilities at NU he would be giving up to TO or someone else during that time. I think ultimately that I'm fine with the decision. He earned the opportunity to coach that NC game, and I think he does somewhat owe it to them to coach in it. I just don't know how the NU players/recruits will view it, and I don't want them to feel snubbed by their head coach mere days/weeks after he takes over.

TO's involement at this point would indicate that Pelini may very well be coaching LSU in the NC. I'm fine with it but fear the player/recruit reactions. Bottom line is I hope that he talks to the players and recruits about it before he decides to coach in the NC. If the players/recruits give their blessing, then go kill those Buckeyes coach!

I have no problem with it. There will be a dead period soon anyway, so he won't be recruiting. Also, every time Pelini is shown on TV it will be followed with "new Nebraska head coach". Free publicity!

:w00t:yeah:wasted

PLUS HE'LL GET TO WEAR ALL HIS HUSKER GEAR ON THE SIDELINES THE WHOLE GAME.

at least base you ridiculous comments on reality please.

I feel in the Pelini case coming to Nebraska and in all cases it doesn't matter if it is LSU, Nebraska, Georigia who or whereever there is no accountablility for thier actions. If it does not work out and they lose and lose horribly, they will not be around to answer for what went wrong. " Sorry I guy's I 'd like to stay around and help ya but I have another gig and I gotta go.

If you take another job somewhere else - thanks for the memories and we will see ya.

I understand loyalty to players and all of that and I know the players in these instances always want their coach to lead them one more time but coaches especially on the college level are suppose to be teachers and how often have we been told "Ya can't have your cake and eat it too" These coaches want to go be a head coach and coach at a different school - then go and be done with it.

I wonder if this wasn't the National Championship game, would he still want to go back for the last game?

i think its really ignorant for anyone to be against him coaching in this game, there are zero negative aspects to it, only positive. it is during a dead period of recruiting i believe, so that is not a problem. it shows character, not only to fans and unl players but also potential recruits. there is not a single thing wrong with him doing this. not one thing.

There's a heck of a lot more going on than recruiting. In fact, you heard Bo talk about how much there was to do in a very short amount of time.

I think you may also be ignoring the amount of time Bo would have to spend if he were to act in the full capacity as DC to prepare LSU and put together a gameplan over the next few weeks. If he attends the game on the LSU sidelines, I agree with all of your positives; but I think you're way off if you think him acting as DC wouldn't push aside some major priorities at Nebraska.