Pelini to coach in NC game

TO's involement at this point would indicate that Pelini may very well be coaching LSU in the NC. I'm fine with it but fear the player/recruit reactions. Bottom line is I hope that he talks to the players and recruits about it before he decides to coach in the NC. If the players/recruits give their blessing, then go kill those Buckeyes coach!

No doubt they (and we) will all be watching, just to see what kind of bad a$$ coach we actually hired.

IMO that this is a huge high risk/high reward game for Bo. If he kicks butt he gets everyone behind him even more than they already are. If he does not, he starts his career at NU with a big ? over his head.

Bo said he was going to ask TO what he thought about him coaching in the NC game if it came to that. I'm sure he's not doing it without TO's blessing (though I didn't read that article). We all know TO, and I'm sure he's thinking about the players, not only the NU players but also the LSU players, that's just the kind of guy he is.

" Sorry honey but I'm gonna have one more romp and a night on the town with my x girlfriend before we get married."

Usually don't work that way - and not to well when it does.

Good analogy. I'm not really liking this move. I understand why he would do this, but there are far more problems that can come of it than good, IMO.

" Sorry honey but I'm gonna have one more romp and a night on the town with my x girlfriend before we get married."

Usually don't work that way - and not to well when it does.

Good analogy. I'm not really liking this move. I understand why he would do this, but there are far more problems that can come of it than good, IMO.

Exactly!!! No amount of spin can change the situation, but they will probably try pretty hard.

Let me ask you guys this - come September, 2008, is anyone really going to care that Pelini coached in this game nine months previously?

It may not seem like a good idea right now, but in the grand scheme of things I think this is a relatively harmless situation.

You are 100% right. But I remember in the press conference he was asked, and please correct me if I'm wrong, Will you coach in LSU's bowl game?" I think his reply was " AS of today I am the head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers and I start work as of today."

Somthing to that affect. Now since they wound up getting a shot at the national championship evedently put a way different spin on it. Also tells me MIles was fine to see him go but isn't to sure about not havig him there since the bowl game is for all of the marbles.

The thing that will really be tough is if they lose on a defensive play and the stigma tha may follow.

Only bad things can happen for NU and Bo by coaching the LSU defense in the NC game. If the D should lay and egg it won't be good for NU. Right now Bo is coming off a game where the defense won the game. Let it rest there.

And, Miles may be saying Bo is going to coach the LSU D but until Tom and Bo come out and say it, it isn't happening.

it shows character, not only to fans and unl players but also potential recruits. there is not a single thing wrong with him doing this. not one thing.

EXACTLY !!

He needs to follow through, besides, BO gains some experience from coaching in the big game as well!!

It ain't all bad...

but opinions vary.

:woo:woo:woo:woo

GO BO!!

I have no problem with it. There will be a dead period soon anyway, so he won't be recruiting. Also, every time Pelini is shown on TV it will be followed with "new Nebraska head coach". Free publicity!

I agree, I think by our new head coach, coaching in the NC it may help some of our boy's make up their minds.

I have no problem with it. There will be a dead period soon anyway, so he won't be recruiting. Also, every time Pelini is shown on TV it will be followed with "new Nebraska head coach". Free publicity!

I agree, I think by our new head coach, coaching in the NC it may help some of our boy's make up their minds.

I think it may help some of our recruits make up their minds....or at least I'm hoping.

Let me just add one caveat to my last post. If Pelini were to go to the NC game, speak to the LSU team beforehand, and/or hang out on the sidelines with the team, I think that would be great.

What I would not be fine with would be him dedicating the amount of time necessary to the DC role for the game.

OK, if you were an LSU fan, how would you feel? if he was our DC and we were going to the NC game, how would you feel? try that shoe on for size.....then complain about it some more.....not me.....he has earned his chance to help his guys win it all!

Let me just add one caveat to my last post. If Pelini were to go to the NC game, speak to the LSU team beforehand, and/or hang out on the sidelines with the team, I think that would be great.

What I would not be fine with would be him dedicating the amount of time necessary to the DC role for the game.

OK, if you were an LSU fan, how would you feel? if he was our DC and we were going to the NC game, how would you feel? try that shoe on for size.....then complain about it some more.....not me.....he has earned his chance to help his guys win it all!

Yeah, well put.

If we had a great season that put us in the National Championship due in large part to our Defense, and our DC was leaving, wouldn't we want the ENTIRE Nebraska Football squad to be apart of it. No chinks in the chain, we started this, we're finishing it.

In the end, this isn't a big deal and could possibly lead to better things for us. This is the confidence booster that Pelini needs to show that it's on. The Huskers are coming!

:w00t:w00t