Pelini to coach in NC game

i cant help but agree, as selfish as it is. bo being a part of winning a national championship for another team after he is named head ball coach at nebraska... kinda takes away from the sense of urgency we have at nebraska.

"so bo, are you ready to win a NC for nebraska?" "i guess so"

as opposed to

"so bo, are you ready to win a NC for nebraska?" "I NEED ONE LIKE CRACK!"

I personally don't think that we are in a "sense of urgency" we still have good players, and yes we do need to go out and do a good job of recruiting, but we have a whole new badass coaching staff that is working their asses off to do that. Its not like Bo was going to start teaching new defensive schemes and working on plays from now til January with the players.

I think that he should go coach his ass off for LSU, he made a committment to the LSU team at the beginning of the season, and i think that means alot that he's coaching the game, shows to me that he finishes what he starts!

Let me just add one caveat to my last post. If Pelini were to go to the NC game, speak to the LSU team beforehand, and/or hang out on the sidelines with the team, I think that would be great.

What I would not be fine with would be him dedicating the amount of time necessary to the DC role for the game.

OK, if you were an LSU fan, how would you feel? if he was our DC and we were going to the NC game, how would you feel? try that shoe on for size.....then complain about it some more.....not me.....he has earned his chance to help his guys win it all!

Well, my girlfriend's an LSU grad and die hard fan along with most of her family and friends. After hearing Pelini's appointment as HC at Nebraska they were disappointed that he wouldn't be around for the NC and beyond, but they didn't think he was in any way obligated to come back for the NC game.

What really rubs me the wrong way is the hypocrisy in Bo hyping the urgency in getting his regime up and running at Nebraska over the next month during his press conference, and then taking on the obligation of DC duties at LSU for the very same time period.

My understanding is he will be recruitting until the dead time, then go back down to LSU to help the team prep for the NC. I know that he and TO were in Omaha yesterday, visited Central, Westside and Millard North.

:box:restore:dunno

Yeah, jeeze... is the goal to make sure he's sitting around his office alone while the players are home after the end of the semester?

If Bo Pelini wants to be at LSU, great. Lets get rid of him & find someone who wants to be HC at Nebraska.

You have got to be kidding me.

Why do I get the feeling that everyone who is sooo against this doesn't like Pelini much in the 1st place and/or wants something to bitch about?

You cannot name a firm, good, realistic reason why it's a bad idea for him to coach in this game. He helped lead those players to it, and I think it would be more selfish of him to leave them hanging than to be there on the sidelines with them

And another point, now our HC will have experience coaching in a nat'l championhship game

If Bo Pelini wants to be at LSU, great. Lets get rid of him & find someone who wants to be HC at Nebraska.

Yeah, it's not his dream job or anything.

I just don't see how this is going to hurt Nebraska and why everyone (well, not everyone) is so against it. I guarantee 90% of what they talk about during the game will be how Pelini is the HC at Nebraska.

If it hurts anyone, I would think it would be LSU... If for some reason Pelini isn't entirely focused on the game and it ends up costing the defense some big plays...

Almost all but one coaching staff position has been filled as of today, the recruits are getting visited, plus one 6' 6" TE Ben Cotton who was set to commit to Louisville, decided to commit to NU after his dad Barney, received the OL Coach's job. Looks to me like the job is getting done here

Yeah genius, that's because he is here working. That's exactly the kind of stuff that can't be done if you are in Baton Rouge coaching another team. People act like recruiting is 100% of the job this time of year. The guy will be spending most of his time coaching LSU when he doesn't even know what half the buttons on his phone even do. "Uh Bo, this is your admin Ann on the intercom. I don't really need to hear your and Mary Pat's discussion about your son's bathroom behavior." "Sorry Ann....click... can you hear me now?..click..can you hear me now?...click.

I guarantee 90% of what they talk about during the game will be how Pelini is the HC at Nebraska.

You forgot the .0000 in front of your 90%. And, I'm sure they won't mention how we had 76 points put up on us at KU, or any of the other ugliness that went on this year. Anyone thought of the opportunity it gives the announcers for that discussion. Better hope it's not Musberger. Also, you are dreaming if either a good or bad performance by LSU's D will reflect on NU. Wowzie wowzie woo woo.