Shooting at Von Maur at Westroads Mall in Omaha

the classy people over at netbuffs have already started making jokes about the shooter/victims..... i wish we could disown boulder as part of the US

Im not going to disrespect the victims with a response to that.

response to me? dont blame the messenger

you misunderstand me. Im not going to say how that gesture by them makes me feel.

Police say at least nine people were shot to death and at least five others were injured in a shooting at Westroads Mall this afternoon. The shooter apparently shot himself to death.

Creighton University Medical Center confirms two fatalities there; one man and one woman. Another person is in critical condition.

Three victims were taken to the Nebraska Medical Center, one in critical condition with a chest wound. One person has an arm wound and the third was being treated for cuts to the face.

Shortly after 4 p.m. Omaha Police Sergeant Teresa Negron said that 14 people were shot; nine had died and five were injured.

Channel 6 News has confirmed that a 19-year-old Sarpy County man left a suicide note this afternoon stating, "I'm going out in style."

That man’s vehicle was found in the mall parking lot.

Lovely. I hope nobody we know was there. What a horrible thing.

Some of these news reporters need to realize interrogating some of these shoppers after this kind of tradgedy is going a little to far. I know they have a job but

:yeah Couldn't agree more. It is good to see that employees and others helped to hide people in the stock rooms and such. It is a shame that they have to be prepared for these types of tragedies, but it is good to know that they are. My heart goes out to all that were affected by this.

The last kid they just interviewed on KETV was a real "winner". He was a friend and said he would think of Robert Hawkins as anything but a terrorist and that he didn't want to go out like a regular suicide and that he wanted to go out like a star. Then the kid said that he did go out like a star. He didn't seem like he cared about anyone but the shooter and even didn't even care about him too much. It was an odd interview.

My wife used to work at Cooper Village home for boys and worked very closely with the shooter for a couple of years. She said that he was very troubled, came from a very troubled home. She had several conversations with him regarding his depression and he grew close to her and would only open up to her. She knew he had problems, but it is very sad when a kid goes down this path and does something like this. What a sad situation.