all these replies amuse me. was it 96 or 97 that was his first year? He wasnt doing so great(by tommie frazier standards) and everybody hated him. there were jokes going around like "Q: what do farmers and nebraska fans have in common? A: they both dont want Frost on their fields" And now everyone is like "we love this guy and he's one of my favorite cornhusker players!" only because Tom Osbourne stuck to his guns and kept him as the starting QB and we won a NC. People forget about the "bad" season he had his first year and how we treated him (myself included). I wonder if his memory is that short?

Osbourne???????

Maybe you should learn how to spell the last name of the recently voted greatest college football coach of all time.

all these replies amuse me. was it 96 or 97 that was his first year? He wasnt doing so great(by tommie frazier standards) and everybody hated him. there were jokes going around like "Q: what do farmers and nebraska fans have in common? A: they both dont want Frost on their fields" And now everyone is like "we love this guy and he's one of my favorite cornhusker players!" only because Tom Osbourne stuck to his guns and kept him as the starting QB and we won a NC. People forget about the "bad" season he had his first year and how we treated him (myself included). I wonder if his memory is that short?

What amuses me is when some Nebraska Fans can't even spell the name correctly of one of if not the greatest HC ever at the University of Nebraska! :laughpound

It's also quite amusing that the guy's entire point has been ignored just because of a spelling mistake.

thank you. I do owe an apology for misspelling former Head Coach Tom Osborne's name. i only hope my blatant heresy can be overlooked just this once. pretty please. with sugar on top

His first season wasn't that great? He lost 2 games. Compare winning percentage as the starting QB to Frazier and you will soon realize that Frost's winning percentage is better than Frazier's. The reason people didn't like Frost had absolutely nothing to do with how he performed on the field. People were pi$$ed because he chose Stanford to play under Walsh rather than choosing NU to play for TO. When Walsh resigned at Stanford, Frost came back to Nebraska.

It's basically the same philosophy as some here have towards Freeman at KState. He was a God until he chose KState. Now, he's just horrible. I'm sure we'll hear the same things about Gabbert as well now that he's going to Mizzou.

His first season wasn't that great? He lost 2 games. Compare winning percentage as the starting QB to Frazier and you will soon realize that Frost's winning percentage is better than Frazier's. The reason people didn't like Frost had absolutely nothing to do with how he performed on the field. People were pi$$ed because he chose Stanford to play under Walsh rather than choosing NU to play for TO. When Walsh resigned at Stanford, Frost came back to Nebraska.

It's basically the same philosophy as some here have towards Freeman at KState. He was a God until he chose KState. Now, he's just horrible. I'm sure we'll hear the same things about Gabbert as well now that he's going to Mizzou.

No one I knew cared that he chose Stanford then came back they were booing because of the bad production on the field.

I think it's more the way they lost that Arizona St game. His best pass that day was hitting the goal post after being sacked again for a safety. (how can you allow 3?) I loved how people made such a big deal back then that Arizona won because of Jake Plummer since their offense only scored 13 point that game and the rest of their points was from the defense.

I thought he became a great QB at the end but his shot put passes while accurate were not pretty.

my point is that we just came off two repeat NC's and were expecting, no wait, demanding a third. we were pissed (at least everyone i talked to)because we felt that scott frost sucked and we wanted to win dammit. winning percentage or not tommie won us two consecutive NC's (or helped to win), including tom OSBORNE's first NC. Then here comes along scott frost and we have two losses (im pretty sure it was two losses) and we dont get to the NC game, much less win it. then all i hear about for the first 10 posts or so is how much people love scott frost and think he's one of the greatest things invented since god came up with vagina.

It's also quite amusing that the guy's entire point has been ignored just because of a spelling mistake.

thank you. I do owe an apology for misspelling former Head Coach Tom Osborne's name. i only hope my blatant heresy can be overlooked just this once. pretty please. with sugar on top

Ok BUT NO SOUP FOR YOU! ;)

No_Soup_For_You.png

i really really really really really really really really really x INFINITY hate seinfeld. that was THE least funny show ever. i hate seinfeld more that cartman hates family guy

No one I knew cared that he chose Stanford then came back they were booing because of the bad production on the field.

I think it's more the way they lost that Arizona St game. His best pass that day was hitting the goal post after being sacked again for a safety. (how can you allow 3?) I loved how people made such a big deal back then that Arizona won because of Jake Plummer since their offense only scored 13 point that game and the rest of their points was from the defense.

I thought he became a great QB at the end but his shot put passes while accurate were not pretty.

I was in college during that era, and everyone I knew was throwing hate at him for choosing Stanford over Nebraska. One of the safeties that occurred during the Arizona State game came when Frost was checking off at the line looking at one of the receivers when the ball went wizzing by his head because the center forgot the snap count. I think we all have to remember in 1996 there was quite a bit of changing around on the OL. Aaron Taylor who had been the starting guard the year before was moved to center. By season's end, I believe Taylor was moved back to his original position at guard.

The other loss that year came at the hands of Texas. As great of coach as TO was, he was horribly outcoached in this game. However, we would have won the game and played for a NC had it not been for a punt fake by Texas.

People keep quoting stats about Frost, and it's like they forget that you could actually watch the games he played. He was NOT THAT GOOD in his first year. He "only" lost two games? We only played three decent teams all year, and we lost to two of them!

I don't remember seeing any stats quoted in this thread.... just sayin

The game they booed him was the UCF if I remember right where Donte Culpepper was their QB. I remember siting in the south ENDZONE and hearing the booing coming from the student section I thought it was because of a bad call. We found out later it was because of Scot Frost coming back on the field

People keep quoting stats about Frost, and it's like they forget that you could actually watch the games he played. He was NOT THAT GOOD in his first year. He "only" lost two games? We only played three decent teams all year, and we lost to two of them!

I don't remember seeing any stats quoted in this thread.... just sayin

The game they booed him was the UCF if I remember right where Donte Culpepper was their QB. I remember siting in the south ENDZONE and hearing the booing coming from the student section I thought it was because of a bad call. We found out later it was because of Scot Frost coming back on the field

There are several threads throughout the Board talking about Frost. In this thread in particular the only "stat" being discussed is wins/losses. But that's still a stat.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

"The Snowman" was always a favorite for me. His first year was "bad" only when compared to the two previous years. My goodness he only lost two games. Did his throwing motion look bad? Yup but it worked and the big thing is Scott Frost WON football games. Did he have a good team around him, yes he did but he was the offensive leader of that team.

This guys a winner, period.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez