Why the infatuation with Frost? I mean I love the guy, one of my favorite Huskers, but how do you know he would be a good coach?

A couple of reasons come to mind for me 1) He was probably the smartest or one of the smartest people to ever play for Nebraska. He scored a 32 I believe on his ACT. 2) He comes from a coaching background. His dad was his high school coach at Wood River and produced some very good teams. 3) He's been in coaching for a while. 4) He was coached by the "father" of the WCO at Stanford. He was then coached by TO. He then played D in the NFL. He was around some good programs while playing.

Other than that, I don't know.

Why the infatuation with Frost? I mean I love the guy, one of my favorite Huskers, but how do you know he would be a good coach?

Ask Bill Parcells what he thinks of the whole Frost family. When Bill was coaching at hastings college before his other careers he used to pow wow with frosts on football. me thinks scott has been mentored very well, and will do very well where ever he is.

Scott Frost is a linebackers coach at University of Northern Iowa. Isn't his dad and mom highschool coachs for Wood River?

His parents are actually coaching at Parkview High School in Lincoln, NE...my little brother is playing for him. They are actually becoming a respectable team now. I know, go figure right...

:):hellloooo:hellloooo:)

As the kid brother to the larger Iowa schools UNI has always represented itself well on the field. They always were at or near the top of the NCC and I think they beat either Ia. or Ia. St. this year. Scott "the Snowman" Frost has always been a favorite in this Husker family. Coming from the coaching family that he does (and I believe him Mom was an olympian) he certainly should know what its about.

>>>T_O_B

:):hellloooo:hellloooo:)

I remember when Parkview was our only win last season...

And when walthill was our only win two seasons before that (another Frost-coached team :P)

His dad is a great guy, and from what I hear his mom does even more of the actual coaching than the dad does, but from what I can tell they aren't that great of coaches, and the only reason Parkview is succeeding is because of talent.

all these replies amuse me. was it 96 or 97 that was his first year? He wasnt doing so great(by tommie frazier standards) and everybody hated him. there were jokes going around like "Q: what do farmers and nebraska fans have in common? A: they both dont want Frost on their fields" And now everyone is like "we love this guy and he's one of my favorite cornhusker players!" only because Tom Osbourne stuck to his guns and kept him as the starting QB and we won a NC. People forget about the "bad" season he had his first year and how we treated him (myself included). I wonder if his memory is that short?