SDSU Will Play Huskers

another cupcake...at this rate, you guys should win at least 6 games

Thanks for your concern. :nanalama

The press release failed to mention that this game was negotiated by the interim AD TO's interim assistant athletic director Bill Snyder. :LOLtartar

Love it though, a really good friend of mine from Sioux Falls is now a season ticket holder to NU games by virtue of buying an extra pair from my dad that in the family. And he played his collegiate football at Black Hills State in the western part of South Dakota. I'm sure he'll be bringing a whole lot of business customers down to Lincoln to experience 'game day' Lincoln.

Dave, keep that link to the Best of Lincoln on game days active!

SDSU is in their last year of transition to Division 1 in all sports and the FCS division in football. Like I mentioned in an earlier post. I'm in favor of Nebraska avoiding FCS teams but if they are going to play one, I sure am glad it is SDSU!

That makes the non-conference schedule of Western Kentucky, Idaho, SDSU, and Washington.

I am in favor of having one good test in the non-conference season and a couple "tune-ups" but like you said, just ask Michigan about that Appalachan State tune-up.

SUPERBUNNY

yah, was was reading the announcement and looking for some indication that they were going to be D1 by the time we played.

doesn't look like it.

and as far as lining up cupcakes, just as michigan about that.

We aren't Michigan, and we aren't Kansas State! I don't have anything against the small schools..I just want a championship level schedule is all.

Any way of finding out what big schools have turned down the Huskers for non-conference games? I remember we used to play Alabama, Penn State, and Michigan.

Yeah, I think we had better non-conference schedules back in the 80's...

I was happy when we got to play Notre Dame during the Solich era. I hate those SOB's, almost as much as I have a healthy dislike for OU...

Well, with the new Bull Crap System....there goes thinking about going for the National Championship that year.....oh...wait, didn't Ohio State have a really weak schedule this year? But then again so did Hawaii....

Hawaii is not in a BCS conference, OSU is. It makes all the difference in the world. If you are in a BCS conference and go undefeated through your season, you're virtually guaranteed to play for the national title.

Good for SDSU... they are most likely going to get killed but it's still good exposure for them. Although I have to say I've always hated the frickin jacks.. GO YOTES!!!

My daughter graduated from SDSU several years ago. While she was there we attended several of their football games. There is such a dropoff in the whole atmosphere between their games and what happens in Lincoln that I hope this isn't too one sided. I always enjoyed those games...true college football...mud, blood, sweat, trick plays, intimate fans. A real Norman Rockwell scene. Good for them to land this contract. Their players have heart, that is for sure.

As I have said before this just stupid and it's a disgrace. EVERY NEBRASKA FAN should be embarrassed. I know it is good for SDSU, but it really stinks for NU. It does nothing more than show everyone in the U.S. that we will schedule one good out of conference game and then scrape the bottom of the barrel because we are too scared to play legitimate programs with the rest of our games. When did powder puffing our schedule become apart of the Nebraska Tradition? I hope to god Washington is good by then and not at the bottom of the PAC-10 (a conference in which many on this board think is overrated).