Most memorable plays by decade

Landlord

personal recent favorite? colorado @ nebraska where zac taylor left formation and looked like he was going to the sideline when suddenly the center direct snapped to the running back.

classic. and i don't care how much billy c., that was just fun to watch.

personal recent favorite? colorado @ nebraska where zac taylor left formation and looked like he was going to the sideline when suddenly the center direct snapped to the running back.

classic. and i don't care how much billy c., that was just fun to watch.

Yeah, I gotta second the motion on that Zac Taylor play.. made me think Cally might actually be a college coach for a second....

But, just for a second....

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

The Blackshirts plantin' Frank Costa time after time in the '95 Orange Bowl.

Farley and Washington's back to back sacks of Danny Wurfel (the second for a safety) in the '96 Fiesta Bowl.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

Those hits would be flaged every time now, since you can't even look, let alone touch a QB now, after the ball is gone.

Dave Rimington and Dean Steinkuhler fumblerooskies were some of the best plays i remember.. dont remember which 1 it was but he was dragging 3 defensive players 10 yards across the goal line for the score.. That was awsome..

if you like husker trick plays, it would be great if someone could get their hands on the fourth quarter footage of the 1980 cotton bowl vs houston. nebraska scored a touchdown on the old swinging gate play, but as i recall it was called back because the refs (not expecting it) called illegal motion or something on it. nebraska ended up scoring on a pass shortly after it so it didn't matter i guess. in addition, i think they have outlawed that play just like the fumblerooski. too bad. i love trick plays.

Sacking Peyton Manning upteenth times... 90s.

Special Teams? Groce run back vs. Texas that almost put us back in that game... 02?

Bill Callahan years? Hmmm... lots of fun plays. Porkchop had some nice moments. I don't like the blanket statement that we need to forget about those years. We had players... even if you didn't like the coaches... we had player.

Sacking Peyton Manning upteenth times... 90s.

upteenth? As in one? That's all the sacks we had on Manning. We did have a lot of pressure on him all game, making him throw bad passes.

For defensive plays, I'll add Strasberger's interception to seal the 1982 OU game, and Harris' two batted down balls in the end zone to hold OU off in 1983.

I think my most favorite play of all time was a play that didn't even count. It was during the 96 Fiesta Bowl. The game was pretty much over and Florida was on something like the Neb20 and they fumbled the ball the officials called the ball down, but Christian Peter picked up the ball and ran it back for what would have been a touchdown with this brother hanging all over him and the rest of the D coming up behind. I know it didn't count but man you could see the fun and fire that that team had.

I think my most favorite play of all time was a play that didn't even count. It was during the 96 Fiesta Bowl. The game was pretty much over and Florida was on something like the Neb20 and they fumbled the ball the officials called the ball down, but Christian Peter picked up the ball and ran it back for what would have been a touchdown with this brother hanging all over him and the rest of the D coming up behind. I know it didn't count but man you could see the fun and fire that that team had.

That was on the 2 point conversion Florida tried after their last TD, but you're right about everything else. Any other lineman would've been out of gas but Christian had just enough left to high step across the goal line. I can't remember laughing harder at another play. The ref completely blew the call, that should've been 2 more for the good guys.

01 - NU vs OU Mike Stuntz pass to Eric Crouch

I was gonna mention this one too. When he caught that pass I was jumping, screamin', whoopin and hollerin in the living room.

Speaking of jumping, screamin' and whoopin' and hollerin' in the living room, what about Frost's pass off Shevin Wiggins' foot into Matt Davison's hands in the 97 Misery game?

That whole final drive was amazing, but of course that play in particular is the most memorable.

Was in Missouri for that one...was at the opposite corner of the stadium, didn't see the play until I got home and seen it on ESPN, just remember having to just about fight our way to the parking lot, Missouri fans were really pissed off...that is when I decided I would just go to the home games, unless it was a neutral site.