What's our pre-season ranking next year?

Yeah sorry thought VT was 3rd, anyways assuming VT beats Kansas, that should put them at a very solid pre-season ranking next year and the beginning of their schedule is as follows:

Aug. 30 vs. East Carolina Charlotte, N.C.

Sept. 6 Furman Blacksburg, Va.

Sept. 27 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb.

Fairly sure they will handily beat both East Carolina and Furman and then a bye week, so they will be undefeated and will have started with a good pre-season ranking meaning there's a good chance they'd be in the top 10 maybe even top 5 when we have to play them.

VT should beat Kansas handily --- perhaps embarrassingly so.

I doubt it. Kansas is a very solid and well coached team.

Yeah sorry thought VT was 3rd, anyways assuming VT beats Kansas, that should put them at a very solid pre-season ranking next year and the beginning of their schedule is as follows:

Aug. 30 vs. East Carolina Charlotte, N.C.

Sept. 6 Furman Blacksburg, Va.

Sept. 27 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb.

Fairly sure they will handily beat both East Carolina and Furman and then a bye week, so they will be undefeated and will have started with a good pre-season ranking meaning there's a good chance they'd be in the top 10 maybe even top 5 when we have to play them.

VT should beat Kansas handily --- perhaps embarrassingly so.

I beg to differ on this one!! Kansas should beat them handily. Yes, VT has a decent defense but their offense is horrible and Kansas' D has not been too shabby. I don't think VT can stop Kansas from moving the ball and they're going to score some points. It's going to be a smash mouth game and KU will come out on top 28-10.

As far as us being ranked next year, we have a ways to go. Right now I'd say we have about the 34th best team in the country, but as soon as Pelini gets the D playing to their potential we'll be alright. Personally I think we can win every game and hopefully with Callahan & Co. gone, we will!!

You guys think if we win our first 3 games (3rd game being VT) that that would be enough to get us into the top 25?

VT will be ranked in the top 10 or maybe the top 5 when we play them. If we beat them (and all those prior to the VT game) we will undoubtedly be ranked. That said, the odds of beating VT are very, very, very, very slim indeed. But you never know --- stranger things have happened (just not very often!).

Well, the way this season went, I wouldn't rulle beating VT out. Especially since it's a home game.

Our preseason ranking will be irrelevant. Rankings wont matter much for us next year. Now in '09, that will change.

We'll start the season unranked and remain that way for probably a month and then enter the low end of the rankings.

Even if we start out of the season winning, I think a lot of pollsters will be hesitant to do anything with us until we prove something, and I really don't have a problem with that.

Why not? They do it for Penn State every year........................

We will start the season with our defense tied for 1st place. We will probably get about 14 votes in the PS poll. We will play 4 unranked opponents in a row. Once we beat Missouri, we will swap positions with them and be 23. We will win an OT game at ranked Texas Tech, which will vault us to 18. We will beat ISU and Baylor and be at 14 when we play Oklahoma. A game day crowd will be pumped up and predicitons that Oklahoma will kill our NC dreams will not come true. We will leave with 2 hurt starting players and a #8 ranking. We will beat Kansas, who will already have 4 loses. We will get to KSU and struggle until the last play, where Kenny Wilson will break a 54 yard run and score the winning TD. After we beat Colorado we will face Texas in the Big 12 showdown. We will both be ranked in the top 4 and the winner will go to the NC and have the Heisman front runner. We will finally beat Texas 23-21 in a come from behind instant classic that will be hailed by the OWH as the greatest game ever played.

NC will come and we will play LSU, which will be ironic fodder for all the media outlets. In a defensive struggle, NU will win on a trick play in OT. The final score will be 17-10 and glory will once again be ours. I cant wait to see everyone here on Dodge St the night my prediction comes true.

Or we will go 9-4 and win the Independence bown over a much hyped Georgia Tech team.