Tebow Wins Heisman

I think it is funny that this guy is now "The Best Player" in college football. I remember when he threw his baby fit at the Elite 11 some of the people around here were saying who they would rather have Freeman over Tebow. I wonder if they are still saying that.

Tebow had a good year, however this is one of the weakest Heisman classes EVER. IMO. This whole year has produced pretty ho-hum performances both by single players and by teams. None of the 4 guys there really made you go WOW. It will be interesting to see if this guy can win 1 more. I'm sure with the Media love that he and Urban Meyer receive it is highly possible. When was the last time the winner was on a team that had 3 losses? I would almost guess it would have been Barry Sanders in 1988. This award has turned into a joke and really holds no merit with me what so ever.

Why no love for the RB out of Central Florida? 2400 yards rushing and he isn't even invited. However Troy Davis played on a terrible team and he went back to back years.

The Heisman is supposed to go the arguably best player on one of the best teams....which is why the Central Florida back didn't get in, and also means that Brennon shouldn't have been there either. Any of the finalists (except for Brennon) had a good argument that they should have received it, because it was a pretty lousy year for Heisman classes.

Edit: oh yeah, congrats to Tim.

Seriously, the BEST player shoud be a player that not only makes themself look good, but also makes their team GOOD. Tebow was good, but Tebow lost 3 games. Chase Daniel and Colt Brennan both played in leagues with pretty week defenses. Darren McFadden and Tebow both played against semi-decent defenses. This age of football is in a lack of the D and focused on O. I don't think Tebow was the best choice, but I'm not sure that I could have come up with a better one. It was obvious that he was going to get picked when they did the whole deal about him being a man of God and all that. I am a Christian man, but I don't think that has anything to do with football. Tebow said that when people see him as a Heisman candidate they see him differently because he is a man of God... seriously, if you are putting God in football, you have a problem. I think God, Allah, Jehovah, etc. have a lot more to deal with than football. Congrats to Tim. I will take nothing away from him because he his a hell of an athlete. This was another weak Heisman class, maybe due to the parity we see in sports now.

I think Freeman would probabl e just as good if he was at Florida....

Now as for any one that says Brennon should not have been there you are IDIOTS.. He is by far one of the best QB's in the Nation and i believe that if they put them in The NC game we would be surprised.. They might lose but wont be blown out.. All the BCS people are scared cause of Boise State last year... Imagine what would happen if They gave Hawaii a shot since they did beat every one they were given to play, what would happen if they one...

I think Freeman would probabl e just as good if he was at Florida....

Now as for any one that says Brennon should not have been there you are IDIOTS.. He is by far one of the best QB's in the Nation and i believe that if they put them in The NC game we would be surprised.. They might lose but wont be blown out.. All the BCS people are scared cause of Boise State last year... Imagine what would happen if They gave Hawaii a shot since they did beat every one they were given to play, what would happen if they one...

Let's stop with the name calling.

The Heisman is supposed to go the arguably best player on one of the best teams....which is why the Central Florida back didn't get in, and also means that Brennon shouldn't have been there either. Any of the finalists (except for Brennon) had a good argument that they should have received it, because it was a pretty lousy year for Heisman classes.

Edit: oh yeah, congrats to Tim.

It's supposed to go to the most outstanding player for that season. But it never has. Troy Davis was clearly the best in his sophmore year and his name didn't even get mentioned. Anybody that tells me Eddie George was a more outstanding college football player than Tommie Frazier to me doesn't know diddly squat. Better running back maybe, better player, no.

The Hypesman trophy is all about putting on yet another drama for the media to cover and whine and cry about. In the end, it doesn't mean a damned thing anymore.

I think it is funny that this guy is now "The Best Player" in college football. I remember when he threw his baby fit at the Elite 11 some of the people around here were saying who they would rather have Freeman over Tebow. I wonder if they are still saying that.

Tebow had a good year, however this is one of the weakest Heisman classes EVER. IMO. This whole year has produced pretty ho-hum performances both by single players and by teams. None of the 4 guys there really made you go WOW. It will be interesting to see if this guy can win 1 more. I'm sure with the Media love that he and Urban Meyer receive it is highly possible. When was the last time the winner was on a team that had 3 losses? I would almost guess it would have been Barry Sanders in 1988. This award has turned into a joke and really holds no merit with me what so ever.

Why no love for the RB out of Central Florida? 2400 yards rushing and he isn't even invited. However Troy Davis played on a terrible team and he went back to back years.

I agree, this was one of the worst Heisman races in the history of the award(at least in my memory). Tebow had huge stats, McFadden is probably the best player, Brennan and Daniel are great players but both products of their respective systems. Graham Harrell at Texas Tech had more TD's, yards, a higher completion % and a better TD-INT ratio than Brennan and Daniel. Kevin Smith put Central Florida on his back and they won 7 straight and a school record 10 games and he is probably going to break a record that was thought to be unbreakable. Yet, neither even sniff the top. What a joke.

I think the last player to win the Heisman on a team with 3+ losses was Ricky Williams in 1998(9-3).

It's supposed to go to the most outstanding player for that season. But it never has. Troy Davis was clearly the best in his sophmore year and his name didn't even get mentioned. Anybody that tells me Eddie George was a more outstanding college football player than Tommie Frazier to me doesn't know diddly squat. Better running back maybe, better player, no.

The Hypesman trophy is all about putting on yet another drama for the media to cover and whine and cry about. In the end, it doesn't mean a damned thing anymore.

No really, it's supposed to go the most outstanding player on one of the best teams.

As for Colt Brennon's #1 fan, look at the post above me. Graham Harrell of Texas Tech had better numbers than Brennon did in nearly the same offense, why not give it to him?

I think if any Nebraska QB came up with the stats that Tebow had there would be some on here calling him a GOD.

The award is for best player not best player on best team award. By the way who would you have picked on the top rated team for Heisman?

Blame ESPN and other news media for not getting out the player for UCF was having that good of year.

Don't think I've even seen any highlights of him or heard of him until a couple of weeks ago.

I think if any Nebraska QB came up with the stats that Tebow had there would be some on here calling him a GOD.

The award is for best player not best player on best team award. By the way who would you have picked on the top rated team for Heisman?

Blame ESPN and other news media for not getting out the player for UCF was having that good of year.

Don't think I've even seen any highlights of him or heard of him until a couple of weeks ago.

Glenn Dorsey is the best player in the nation if you ask me. If I had a vote I would have voted for him or the 2nd best player I saw this year Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech. If you think Tebow is actually the best player in the nation then good for you. He is good there is no question about it but he is not the best player in the nation. Crap I probably wouldn't even have him be the 1st Team All American QB.(Crouch wasn't either when he won the Heisman)

As far as Kevin Smith goes the guy led his team to a 10-3 season with over 2700 total yards. He should have been invited to the stupid ESPN show on Saturday.

I also never said it had to go to the best player on the best team. I just think that if Tebow played for any other team the Media Darling and the wasn't coached by every ESPN strokers favorite Urban Meyer he wouldn't have been there, let alone won the thing.

You are right though if a NU QB put up the stats Tebow did people would love him. However if he led his NU team to 3 losses(all being to the BEST teams they played) he would be considered Jammal Lord.(passing stats aside) So maybe he wouldn't be considered great by most. <_<

Also minus the TD's weren't Brad Smith's stats better then Tebow's and he wasn't ever mentioned for the Heisman. Just something to think about.

Glenn Dorsey is the best player in the nation if you ask me. If I had a vote I would have voted for him or the 2nd best player I saw this year Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech. If you think Tebow is actually the best player in the nation then good for you. He is good there is no question about it but he is not the best player in the nation. Crap I probably wouldn't even have him be the 1st Team All American QB.(Crouch wasn't either when he won the Heisman)

As far as Kevin Smith goes the guy led his team to a 10-3 season with over 2700 total yards. He should have been invited to the stupid ESPN show on Saturday.

I also never said it had to go to the best player on the best team. I just think that if Tebow played for any other team the Media Darling and the wasn't coached by every ESPN strokers favorite Urban Meyer he wouldn't have been there, let alone won the thing.

You are right though if a NU QB put up the stats Tebow did people would love him. However if he led his NU team to 3 losses(all being to the BEST teams they played) he would be considered Jammal Lord.(passing stats aside) So maybe he wouldn't be considered great by most. <_<

Also minus the TD's weren't Brad Smith's stats better then Tebow's and he wasn't ever mentioned for the Heisman. Just something to think about.

Brad Smith

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2005 237 399 2304 59.4 5.77 50 13 9 12 114.14

TIM TEBOW

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2007 217 317 3132 68.5 9.88 66 29 6 12 177.85

I would say that is quite a difference between the two.

Well td's are the reason he is on the field for and not the stats. You can have all the stats in a game you wants and if you lose because you couldn't get the ball in the end zone that doesnt add up to much.

I disagree that Crouch wasnt the best player that year. Solich turned the offense into a one man game and that guy was Crouch. You replace him with any QB on that offense and the record is a lot worse. Even during the Colorado game if you look at his stats he still had a good game, but because the defense couldnt stop the Colorado running game he had no shot at winning the game.

What I couldn't believe is that a few of the ESPN guy didnt even have McFadden on their ballot.