Who are we gonna lose and who is gonna stay?

As of right now, 8 commitments are listed as "soft verbal" commitments. How many of these end up going elsewhere? Bryce Givens and Josh Williams have Missouri and Texas interested. Mohler and Meredith are looking towards Oregon. Hoch is apparently being courted by Illinois. Okafor has recent offers from Stanford and Kansas(fellow HS teammate is a KU commit). Compton sounds like he is more solid, but still interested in Missouri. No idea on Doug Rippy, but since Rudolph is gone, he may be as well. If we keep half of these guys, is that kind of a moral victory? The only thing worse than losing commits is losing commits late in the game. This class started off so promising and at this point it is barely being held together. Hopefully Pelini and the assistants can show that some stability is here and that Nebraska is still the place to go. Losing a recruiting class will prove very hurtful like the class of 2004 suffered.

I say we will probably lose at least 6.... 75%......... this pisses me off, but that is the price you pay for changing staffs....... part of the game.... it sucks that we are losing a bunch of great athletes, but it will be a gain in the long run with the new staff.......can't blame these kids for leaving. They committed to coaches who aren't here, plus we sucked ass this year..... When most of these guys committed, we were winning (early) and everything was okay...then we are at home instead of bowling, and a lot of transition............ Hell, as these guys watch Texas, Illinios, Missouri in bowls, that gets them excited... I expect to lose at least 6, and our class will rank very low in the Big 12........ not to be a pesimist, but a realist......we had to expect it with the change....

As of right now, 8 commitments are listed as "soft verbal" commitments. How many of these end up going elsewhere? Bryce Givens and Josh Williams have Missouri and Texas interested. Mohler and Meredith are looking towards Oregon. Hoch is apparently being courted by Illinois. Okafor has recent offers from Stanford and Kansas(fellow HS teammate is a KU commit). Compton sounds like he is more solid, but still interested in Missouri. No idea on Doug Rippy, but since Rudolph is gone, he may be as well. If we keep half of these guys, is that kind of a moral victory? The only thing worse than losing commits is losing commits late in the game. This class started off so promising and at this point it is barely being held together. Hopefully Pelini and the assistants can show that some stability is here and that Nebraska is still the place to go. Losing a recruiting class will prove very hurtful like the class of 2004 suffered.

Mohler is gone to Colorado

I see that. 1 officially down. :bang

Don't look now, but I said we would lose at least 6 of the 8 named.....I'm well on my way to being right....didn't even include Robinson.... I think Hoch and possibly Williams are the two most promising, with Okafor a chance....everyone else...C'ya....

Oh well, can't waste time and cry about it....

Figures, probably the only f'n thing I'll be "right" on ......

Rippy says he is a solid commit on Dec 11 interview on 1620 on the day after he met with Coach Pelini.

But I will say this, any of the recruits that were directly recruited by Callahan or Cozgrove probably will move on to other schools. Reasoning you ask? All end roads with most of those recruits were probably lost after the firings. It's a little tough to start from scratch when they had other offers on the table. They'll take the sure thing instead of gambling on a new staff.