NU QB Arrested (Part Deux)

DrTom4Prez

Oh jeez, an internet picture with words...

Being a freshman in college this year at Wayne State myself, I find it harder for myself to make excuses for this kind of a thing than it seems to be for all of you graduated. Maybe it's because I just live above that influence, and I don't have sympathy for those who don't, but I don't think society should be an excuse for someone misbehaving like this; kids should not drink. ;)

Please don't act like this is something new for college athletes to get in trouble.

But by the same token, please don't act like it's okay for college athletes to get into trouble. Character is a big issue in football for a good reason. I'm very disappointed in Witt.

Never said it was okay to get into trouble. Just don't like the statement "we need to get control of the program again." Just because there have been 3 kids that have got in trouble with booze the last year doesn't mean the players are all bad kids. As far as Witt's arrest goes, I think it is pretty small time compared to what has gone on here before and what has been going on all around the country on football teams just this year. He is wrong for what he did but don't black-ball him for it.

For the second time in less than a year, an NU QB has run amok with the law-dog. Patrick Witt clearly lacks the elusiveness of a dual-threat QB as Lincoln police apprehended him after he ran / stumbled away from a residence hall following an audition to appear on COPS: Lincoln :

Link:

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/1...6c422034471.txt

I have to say that I like this part of the article the best, however:

"I have talked with Patrick about the incident over the weekend and we looking into the facts," Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said. "This matter will be dealt with internally."

...Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said... :clap

I can just see him... sitting there, blowing bubbles with his beef jerky. "Patrick... we have to talk..."

The RA was probably a typical RA, some nerd who was mad because an athlete was coming into his dorm to bang the hottest chick there.

Yeah maybe. Or someone who maxed out athletically at high school sports so he had to work his ass off to get through school on his own without parental spoon feeding, debit cards or "allowance" and used the RA position and the free room and board to cover expenses on thier way to graduating Magna Cum Laude only to find themselves stuck every other weekend making sure that a$$hole$ that get drunk don't rape girls who might someday be your daugther.

The RA was probably a typical RA, some nerd who was mad because an athlete was coming into his dorm to bang the hottest chick there.

Yeah maybe. Or someone who maxed out athletically at high school sports so he had to work his ass off to get through school on his own without parental spoon feeding, debit cards or "allowance" and used the RA position and the free room and board to cover expenses on thier way to graduating Magna Cum Laude only to find themselves stuck every other weekend making sure that a$$hole$ that get drunk don't rape girls who might someday be your daugther.

Or a washed up NFL player who sports a Mullet, wears acid wash jeans and hangs out with 20 years old kids. Hmmm sounds like a show I remember...............

20799.jpg

Or a washed up NFL player who sports a Mullet, wears acid wash jeans and hangs out with 20 years old kids. Hmmm sounds like a show I remember...............

20799.jpg

:laughpound Oh Bob Golic... what happened to you?

Things have obviously changed since back in your day, because that's nothing more than a stereotype now.

Every RA I had was pretty cool. I think it's an unwritten criterion.

20799.jpg

:laughpound Oh Bob Golic... what happened to you?

Hey his snake skin boots ROCKED BABY! :woo

I think it was more of a case of his girl being in the wrong dorm with a strict RA.. this stuff happens on every college campus.. football players along with everyone else develop that sense of invincibility when they drink... its the offseason.. give the kid a break.. if he had a pattern of this behavior it'd be a bigger problem