Alberts Staying In GA - Jordan Out

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php

Alberts says time wasn't right

Trev Alberts, the former Husker All-American linebacker, said Monday he had discussions last week with new NU football coach Bo Pelini about possibly working for the team in a non-coaching role.

Speculation pointed to Alberts perhaps replacing Tim Cassidy as associate athletic director for football.

Alberts said he and Pelini merely talked about what might be a good fit for the program. In the final analysis, Alberts said, family considerations played the lead role in his decision to remain in Marietta, Ga., a suburb of Atlanta.

“It’s really just a difficult time for us to move,” said Alberts, 37, a married father of three children, ages 10, 8 and 4. “If I were a single man, it might be a different story. The timing just wasn’t right to pursue this at this time.”

In addition to his immediate family, Alberts also has members of his extended family in the Atlanta area, he said.

Alberts works as an analyst for CSTV and NFL on Westwood One, among other things. He said his interest in returning to Nebraska stemmed from an “incredible pull” he feels to the state of Nebraska in general and to Husker interim athletic director Tom Osborne, Alberts’ coach during his playing days (1990-93).

Alberts said he and Pelini never discussed Alberts becoming an assistant coach on the new staff.

“It would almost be an insult to whoever coaches the linebackers,” Alberts said. “You don’t just line up and coach.”

Jordan no longer in fold

Just learned Randy Jordan will not be returning as Nebraska's running backs coach.

Nebraska has interviewed at least one potential replacement for the position, Shawn Simms, a former assistant at both Colorado and Iowa State.

It was thought that Jordan might be one of the few coaches from Bill Callahan's staff that would be retained under Bo Pelini.

Jordan came in with Callahan in 2004.

Regardless if Trev or any other past Husker comes back in some way or another I like the direction were heading in, were leaving doors open for the future... Man I am excited for everything to start taking shape!!

As Larry Holmes used to say......You all get just kiss my big ##### ##!

hehehehehe!

Regardless if Trev or any other past Husker comes back in some way or another I like the direction were heading in, were leaving doors open for the future... Man I am excited for everything to start taking shape!!

hehehehehe!

Do you not get enough attention at the "home"??!!

hehehehehe!

Do you not get enough attention at the "home"??!!

Sounds like Oldman confused Preparation H with Ben-Gay this morning. I bet that stings a little. :madash