Rodriguez is new Michigan Coach

Whats the rumor?

rumorville is for coaching talk as well :worship !!!!!!

No actually that would be located in the more sports/NCAA section of the board if you want to get technical. ;)

i agree "technically" you could be right but rumorville does say this "Rumorville: Hirings / Firings / Retirings / COACHING CANDIDATES / What Ifs..." at the top of the page and many did consider him to be a candidate at one time, so I WIN!!!!!! :box

just giving you a hard time! :nutz:nutz

Whats the rumor?

rumorville is for coaching talk as well :worship !!!!!!

No actually that would be located in the more sports/NCAA section of the board if you want to get technical. ;)

You are right, considering the forums in this section fall under HUSKER SPORTS.

However, rumorville has become a place where all this kind of stuff goes, which is fine with me. Makes it easier to flush once it's all over with :)

Hubby will be upset, he was hoping Michigan would hire Farentz.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

I would think your hubby would be a lot happier considering Rodriguez is a lot better coach. If Michigan fans weren't that thrilled with Carr, they'd have Farentz on a spit. While he showed glimpses of brilliance at Iowa, his last couple of teams really have sucked. When he first got the job, he was labelled as a coach who did more with less. Now that he's got the talent back up, I label him as doing less with more. He was a hot commodity 3-5 years ago, but the luster has worn off.

I think it's a great hire for Michigan. Rodriguez is established as a good football coach. I think there is a little more reward coaching Blue instead of the Mountaineers. But the main thing is, I'm thinking Les Miles is a little too cocky for what he has somewhat accomplished & needs to get over himself... Glad he is not going there.

I respect Michigan. Always have.

I think it's a great hire for Michigan. Rodriguez is established as a good football coach. I think there is a little more reward coaching Blue instead of the Mountaineers. But the main thing is, I'm thinking Les Miles is a little too cocky for what he has somewhat accomplished & needs to get over himself... Glad he is not going there.

I respect Michigan. Always have.

I think the main reason Miles didn't go to LSU stemmed from friction between him and Lloyd Carr. There's speculation that Carr will remain with Michigan in some capacity, more than likely Associate AD.

The interesting angle on Rodriguez is that West Virginia was his "dream" job because that's where he played. He also had a 4 million dollar buyout of his contract which most teams deemed too steep. On ESPN, they reported that relations over the past couple of years between Rodriguez and the West Virginia Athletic Department had been going south.

From the coaching hires we've seen this year, I think Arkansas should be the most worried. Petrino will do one of two things to them: 1) he'll milk them for all the money they can handle 2) or he'll drop them like a hot potato when the next "big" gig comes available. However if I were Michigan, I wouldn't exactly sleep easy at night when considering they just lured away a coach from his alma matre and his "dream" job. I'm guessing most of the relations problems between the Athletic Department at West Virginia and Rodriguez stemmed from money issues for either himself or facilities. If he left his "dream" job for more money, I'd be very concerned long term if I was a Wolverine fan.

Hubby will be upset, he was hoping Michigan would hire Farentz.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

I would think your hubby would be a lot happier considering Rodriguez is a lot better coach. If Michigan fans weren't that thrilled with Carr, they'd have Farentz on a spit. While he showed glimpses of brilliance at Iowa, his last couple of teams really have sucked. When he first got the job, he was labelled as a coach who did more with less. Now that he's got the talent back up, I label him as doing less with more. He was a hot commodity 3-5 years ago, but the luster has worn off.

My hubby is a Hawkeye/Cyclone fan. Yes I know that doesn't work either, he was a Hawkeye fan growing up and wen to college at ISU and became a clone fan. He doesn't really go for either team on the iowa/state game!