No bowl sucks.

HSKRNOKC

I don't feel the need to explain to anyone that my team made it to a bowl. The rule is simple. 6 wins, you can go to a bowl. Because NU's fans travel well, we'll probably get a bowl every time we get six wins.

There is nothing really to explain.

Now, that being said there is no way to explain 2001.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Yeah this stinks, STINKS! But what I am suggesting is that we all get behind Hawaii and the Rainbow Warriors. I personally think that the biggest enemy of college football is the BCS and what better way to kick sand in the faces of these pompus jack asses than to have Hawaii beat Georgia, remain unbeaten, prove that they can play with the big boys and show the world that the BC in BCS stands for Bull Crap.

Go Rainbow Warriors!

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Yeah this stinks, STINKS! But what I am suggesting is that we all get behind Hawaii and the Rainbow Warriors. I personally think that the biggest enemy of college football is the BCS and what better way to kick sand in the faces of these pompus jack asses than to have Hawaii beat Georgia, remain unbeaten, prove that they can play with the big boys and show the world that the BC in BCS stands for Bull Crap.

Go Rainbow Warriors!

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

Happened last year. Boise State upset Oklahoma.

You have to consider the SOS. I know this is old news, but Hawaii's strength of schedule is pretty weak, man. Plus, they almost lost to these teams:

Louisiana Tech 45-44 OT

San Jose 42-35 OT

Fresno State 37-30

Nevada 28-26 - Remember, we beat Nevada 52-10

Two OT games versus weak opponents. Their only decent win is against Boise State.

As much as I hate the BCS -- no way that Hawaii deserves to be in the MNC. If anything, Hawaii is the one case that proves the BCS works.

How dare any of you guys wish that there was another Husker game to be played before next stinking August. <_<

To even think that it would be a bad thing to have 1 more game is retarded and very lame. :lame

As far as explaining to other people if we would of made a bowl game, I say who cares what other think. I would much rather watch my favorite team play then a bunch of freaking games going on between teams I could give 2 rats-backsides about.

:ph34r:

I don't feel the need to explain to anyone that my team made it to a bowl. The rule is simple. 6 wins, you can go to a bowl. Because NU's fans travel well, we'll probably get a bowl every time we get six wins.

Agree 100% with you on the Warriers...Go Hawaii. I actually have them to win straight up on one of my pool picks.

What if the moon aligns with the sun and Hawaii wins along with some other upsets of teams ahead of them in the polls...and the writers who are not required to vote LSU v Ohio State as the Nat'l Champion? The writers decide Hawaii is the Mythical National Champ because they are the only undefeated D I team left standing. Precious.

Agree 100% with you on the Warriers...Go Hawaii. I actually have them to win straight up on one of my pool picks.

What if the moon aligns with the sun and Hawaii wins along with some other upsets of teams ahead of them in the polls...and the writers who are not required to vote LSU v Ohio State as the Nat'l Champion? The writers decide Hawaii is the Mythical National Champ because they are the only undefeated D I team left standing. Precious.

I think you quoted the wrong person ;)

Would have sucked more to have gone to a bowl and then have to explain it to everyone...we didn't deserve one this year, even if we would have ended up 6-6.

IMO, that would prove to those that are members of the Calliban and also Pedyphiles that those two need to be gone.

Now don't get me wrong, the one thing I'm glad that bill did show during his time here is that it is possible to pass the ball despite of the weather.

On a pseudo-related tangent, hopefully the past four years will bring in players that aren't afraid to play in cold weather. I'm sick and tired of hearing that certain skill players don't want to come to Nebraska because of the weather. God forbid that the top QB, WR, RB etc. that comes from a warm weather state doesn't want to play at Nebraska just because of the weather and than end up getting drafted by Buffalo, New England, Pittsburgh etc etc. because if they want to get paid, they have to realize that they are more than likely going to have to play in crappy weather.

:rant

It does suck not going to a bowl game this season. Not only does it make for a long off-season, but now I have nothing to look forward to until the spring game. :hmmph

:bonez:cheers:cheers:cheers:bonez

C'mon BRI We've got things to look forward too...

1. Christmas Eve -- Usually messed up by my wife's neice and nephew. Two very good arguments for spanking kids who mis-behave.

2. Christmas Day -- Too bad Dad always comes last.

3. New Years Eve -- Amatuer Nite, usually in bed by 10:00.

4. New Years Day -- Once the greatest college football day of the year. Now screwed up by the BCS.

5. The Super Bowl -- Sunday night, work the next day.

6. March Madness -- We usually aren't a factor.

7. Watch for lawn mower and fertilizer sales -- Spring is just around the corner.

8. Pitchers and catchers report for camp -- Spring is just around the next corner.

9. The Spring Game and...

The First Annual Husker Board Spring Whoop It UP and Party On Dude Party

Hope to see you there Dude, gonna cook.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

>>>T_O_B

:cheers:cheers:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez:cheers:cheers

TO,

I would like to extend you an invitation, this invitation is only good for about 3 hours on December 30th. During this time I will make you an honorary Buff fan. Now at the end of the game you will be forced to take a pill. This pill will give you no recollection of the fact that you may have rooted for Colorado as they do battle against the Crimson Tide. No one though will ever know of those 3 hours on December 30th, I promise.

Signed,

Your Friend

BeachBuffs

:)