***Official game discussion LSU vs. OSU*** Big game for us tonight

At first I didn't care if Bo coached in the game. But seeing him on the sideline in LSU clothing...just doesn't feel right to me. I do not care a whit about LSU and would really like him to be thinking 100 percent Husker football.

I know he will be back on the job tomorrow but this just doesn't fell right to me.

Ya can't buy this kind of Publicity..Bo's showing the rest of College Football he sticks to his players/responsibilities...

Wouldn't desert the team until business was finnished..

Exactly! He did it for his players and now the Nebraska players will be doing it for them. He has a national championship ring to show off. He can spin the NFL angle if he wants to also with his coaching experience there. After his first four years I'm betting he will send more players to the NFL than Callahan because he can back up his promises with coaching.

Congrats to Coach Pelini!

After taking OSU's best shot he coached a great defensive game. Basically in the second half it was Bo's game as his defense was charged with just not letting OSU get back in the game. I thought LSU actually went too conservative on offense in the second half but once they hit 31 it was like they knew there was no way OSU would score that many. That speaks volumes to me about Bo that they just basically said, "OK, Bo lock 'em down"...and he did! I loved the way the LSU defense was flying around out there. It took the INT deep in LSU territory and a great catch by the OSU WR on 4th down to penetrate Bo's defense. Otherwise, OSU was kept in check most of the second half and LSU coasted to victory. I loved the way they kept showing Bo on the sidelines.

I think we are getting a great coach and leader. It is going to be fun to compete again and see the effort! They even mentioned on the broadcast that Bo will have The Blackshirts back!

As I have said a few times, It's kind of an unknown how much talent we really have. Do we have a bunch of over-hyped, over-rated kids with big egos and no heart? Perhaps they lost faith in Callahan? Or do we have a bunch of talent that were coached so poorly by the former regime? Or is it more likely a combination of all three?

I mentioned Barry Turner. He came into the program and showed a lot of promise. He seemed to have a lot of speed and talent, but he totally sucked last season? Why? Did he lose faith in Callahan and the staff and lost his desire to play hard? Or was it a lot of bad coaching? Do we have many Barry Turners on this team, if you know what I'm getting at?

I personally have no idea if we a lot of talent, some talent or very little talent. It's a mystery to me. :dunno

Good night all.

As I have said a few times, It's kind of an unknown how much talent we really have. Do we have a bunch of over-hyped, over-rated kids with big egos and no heart? Perhaps they lost faith in Callahan? Or do we have a bunch of talent that were coached so poorly by the former regime? Or is it more likely a combination of all three?

I mentioned Barry Turner. He came into the program and showed a lot of promise. He seemed to have a lot of speed and talent, but he totally sucked last season? Why? Did he lose faith in Callahan and the staff and lost his desire to play hard? Or was it a lot of bad coaching? Do we have many Barry Turners on this team, if you know what I'm getting at?

I personally have no idea if we a lot of talent, some talent or very little talent. It's a mystery to me. :dunno

Good night all.

You nailed it on the head, with the past coaching staff, and I use that term loosely God only knows what kind of talent we have.

did anyone catch the part.. "Bo expressed that he made it clear between him and the folks at Nebraska that as a condition of him being hired, that he would be coaching in the NC." or something like that. i don't disagree with him coaching in the game at all... glad he did. i just thought it was kinda weird that i had to be surprised when i heard that. am i the only one?

did anyone catch the part.. "Bo expressed that he made it clear between him and the folks at Nebraska that as a condition of him being hired, that he would be coaching in the NC." or something like that. i don't disagree with him coaching in the game at all... glad he did. i just thought it was kinda weird that i had to be surprised when i heard that. am i the only one?

I caught it and mentioned it in the game thread. I think that was just a talking head repeating something that he heard inaccurately. Bo was not going to turn TO down if TO was against him coaching last night. I think the fact that they both liked the idea made the whole thing easier to accept by both parties, but I doubt that it was a condition of employment.