Question on Bo's Defense

HANC

Talent wise we aren't on LSU level, but we don't need to be. They're in the SEC which is the most talent rich conference, so they need top notch talent to compete. Nebraska on the other hand has above average talent for the Big 12, and our record next year isn't that tough with only Oklahoma and Missouri as out only real big tests I think, I still don't think Kansas is that spectactular and VT is very beatable (also both home games).

Seriously all Nebraska needs to do is stop the run, get a better push on the D Line, and TACKLE someone. With good technique and motivation our DLine should make major strides, and Suh could be a force with proper coaching. Our D Backs will be fine, especially if we stop the run like Nebraska WAS known for.

Bo will have the guys running around full speed, TACKLING like a D1 team not a B Squad HS JV team, forcing turnovers, and my favorite WINNING football games.

Talent wise we aren't on LSU level, but we don't need to be. They're in the SEC which is the most talent rich conference, so they need top notch talent to compete. Nebraska on the other hand has above average talent for the Big 12, and our record next year isn't that tough with only Oklahoma and Missouri as out only real big tests I think, I still don't think Kansas is that spectactular and VT is very beatable (also both home games).

Seriously all Nebraska needs to do is stop the run, get a better push on the D Line, and TACKLE someone. With good technique and motivation our DLine should make major strides, and Suh could be a force with proper coaching. Our D Backs will be fine, especially if we stop the run like Nebraska WAS known for.

Bo will have the guys running around full speed, TACKLING like a D1 team not a B Squad HS JV team, forcing turnovers, and my favorite WINNING football games.

Ok, this brings us back to the age old argument. Does it really take outstanding or superior talent to win? You say that the SEC has the most talent. I would probably not argue against that fact. However, clone brought up a very good point that the Big 12 has the most teams that finished the season ranked in the top 10 with 4.

IMO, Virginia Tech had better talent than KU. However, KU won the game. It's not a stretch at all to say that Stanford doesn't even compare to USC in terms of talent, yet they won. I think we have enough talent to be competitive in every game we play next year. This doesn't mean we will win every game, but I think we will at least be competitive. I don't expect to see 70+ points or even 60+ points hung on us next year.

Missouri beat 2 SEC teams, including the Arkansas team that beat LSU at HOME!

Yeah well, Nebraska beat Wake Forest, who beat Vanderbilt, who beat South Carolina, who beat Mississippi State, who beat Kentucky, who beat LSU...

but it was in Kentucky

I wouldn't be surprised if NU's defense jumped into the top 40 next year. I really think the athletes are here. I expected a lot more from Turner and Potter this year. With the kind of coaching and motivation that Pelini can provide, those two should be vastly improved.

I'm also a big Philip Dillard fan. I don't know why McKeon played so much last year, but having Dillard in there full time will finally give the defense a physical presence in the most important spot.

No offense to Tierre Green, but he was never really suited to play defense and he never really learned a position. I hope Pelini and Sanders open up the two safety spots to anyone who's willing to lay the wood on every play.

None of those things has anything to do with schemes, coverages or game planning. But if those three things happen (better d-line play, more physical linebackers, more aggressive safeties) then it becomes a whole lot easier play pass defense on the edges.

I honestly think NU could be a top 40 defense next year, and one of top 2 or 3 defenses in the Big XII.