Lucky ponders NFL

IMO I think that Marlon will make a huge mistake going to the pros at this point. There are far better running backs that will entire the draft this year and Marlon will probably be a second if not a third round pick. I don't think that Lucky showed his true potential this year and if he stays for one more year i'm sure we'll use him more and wisely come next year with Shawn Watson calling the plays.

I thought that Brandon Jackson was a stud but I didn't really like his decision about entering the draft early and skipping his senior year. Hell I only thought that Brandon Jackson had a few good games with Nebraska his Junior year (Texas and Auburn games) and that he too should of stayed his senior year. Brandon Jackson sat on the bench this whole season and had one good game where he had like 115 yds rushing. If Lucky decides to skip his senior year I can see him to sitting on the bunch as a number 3 running back.

RUSHING GP-GS Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucky, Marlon 12-12 206 1057 38 1019 4.9 9 41 84.9

Yep 4.9 yards per carry is absolutely horrible, bleh he can't make anyone miss or run between the tackles. /sarcasm

Really I think Marlon Lucky with his speed and shiftiness is of similar style to Marshall Faulk (my favorite player of all-time) By no means do I think he has the same talent level, or that he'll become as successful, but I believe they are of the same style running back. Both being smaller shiftier guys that were also a passing threat. I think whatever Lucky does it will be the right move for him personally, now being a Husker fan I obviously want him here for another year. But, if he decides to declare for the draft that would be fine by me.

Take the Nevada game out of your figures and then recalculate...let me know what you come up with.

Marlon - turn pro. The NFL needs a Westbrook clone...Nebraska does not.

I hope he does well, whatever he chooses.

IF he can get a decent paycheck by going pro, good for him. He should go pro. He could get a season/career ending injury at any time. It might as well be as a NFL player.

But opinions vary.

Lucky, Marlon 12-12 206 1057 38 1019 4.9 9 41 84.9

Yep 4.9 yards per carry is absolutely horrible, bleh he can't make anyone miss or run between the tackles. /sarcasm

Really I think Marlon Lucky with his speed and shiftiness is of similar style to Marshall Faulk (my favorite player of all-time) By no means do I think he has the same talent level, or that he'll become as successful, but I believe they are of the same style running back. Both being smaller shiftier guys that were also a passing threat. I think whatever Lucky does it will be the right move for him personally, now being a Husker fan I obviously want him here for another year. But, if he decides to declare for the draft that would be fine by me.

Take the Nevada game out of your figures and then recalculate...let me know what you come up with.

Marlon - turn pro. The NFL needs a Westbrook clone...Nebraska does not.

Here you go:

Lucky, Marlon 11-11 176 ----- ---- 786 4.47 6 41 71.5

Take out that game and he STILL averaged almost 4.5 yards/carry.

IMO I think that Marlon will make a huge mistake going to the pros at this point. There are far better running backs ........

Couldn't agree more. There are just so many great running backs entering the draft this year, it will be tough for Lucky to compete. It's not that he's not good, there are just better.