IMO the recruiting class has been salvaged.

It could be worse(not much worse) and it could be better(a lot better). It's hard to know what to expect when a change like this happens as far as the impact on recruiting. I believe Nebraska has officially lost 13 commitments through this whole process. All will not be lost if we can add some quality players in the next few weeks(already have had a couple). I think once the dust settles, this class could end up being pretty decent, but what Callahan had put together up until the fall was a monster class.

I know we could still lose compton and Okafor, but it also looks like we will have more commits as well. I am pleased overall.

Could easily lose one of them but overall I'm also pleased with the ones that stayed and the new recruits. Goodbye

to the namby-pamby bc "commits" .....and Oh, f. gabbert-- I can't wait for Bo's defense to take him down :box .

It could be worse(not much worse) and it could be better(a lot better). It's hard to know what to expect when a change like this happens as far as the impact on recruiting. I believe Nebraska has officially lost 13 commitments through this whole process. All will not be lost if we can add some quality players in the next few weeks(already have had a couple). I think once the dust settles, this class could end up being pretty decent, but what Callahan had put together up until the fall was a monster class.

I think this is a little pessimistic. take into account the circumstance. there isnt a coach or recruiter in the world that could have stepped inot Bo's situation and pulled out a top 10 class. If we pic up a couple more this weekend we will be back in the top 25 which is pretty good IMO.

I think this is a little pessimistic. take into account the circumstance. there isnt a coach or recruiter in the world that could have stepped inot Bo's situation and pulled out a top 10 class. If we pic up a couple more this weekend we will be back in the top 25 which is pretty good IMO.

I think you interpreted what I said incorrectly. I don't think it is pessimistic, I think it is pretty realistic. Callahan had put together one of the strongest classes in the land, if not the best. Nebraska lost a lot of those players because many were linked. If we can get some kids in the next couple weeks, there could be a decent recovery. I wasn't saying that Pelini was doing an awful job. What I am saying is that things could have ended up better if all these kids didn't jump ship(not placing blame on anyone, just a victim of circumstance).

I think you interpreted what I said incorrectly. I don't think it is pessimistic, I think it is pretty realistic. Callahan had put together one of the strongest classes in the land, if not the best. Nebraska lost a lot of those players because many were linked. If we can get some kids in the next couple weeks, there could be a decent recovery. I wasn't saying that Pelini was doing an awful job. What I am saying is that things could have ended up better if all these kids didn't jump ship(not placing blame on anyone, just a victim of circumstance).

true...it was painful to watch...esp with so many staying in the b12 N

Aren't we sort of evaluating a 300 page book while on page 200? Some books end well and the impression upon completion is much better than was the case on page 200. Other times it ends poorly and perceptions go down.

So, until we find out who the last 7 - 8 recruits are who will commit --- and which of the ca. 17 that we have now that actually do commit --- well , .... not a whole lot can be said. I'd guess all that can be said at this juncture is that on a scale of 1 - 10 this class could be as low as a 2/3 or as high as a 6/7 or so --- which is a huge spread. Where on that scale we end is contingent upon what happens over the next few weeks. The last 100 pages of this book should be interesting.

Aren't we sort of evaluating a 300 page book while on page 200? Some books end well and the impression upon completion is much better than was the case on page 200. Other times it ends poorly and perceptions go down.

So, until we find out who the last 7 - 8 recruits are who will commit --- and which of the ca. 17 that we have now that actually do commit --- well , .... not a whole lot can be said. I'd guess all that can be said at this juncture is that on a scale of 1 - 10 this class could be as low as a 2/3 or as high as a 6/7 or so --- which is a huge spread. Where on that scale we end is contingent upon what happens over the next few weeks. The last 100 pages of this book should be interesting.

Exactly, that is pretty much my point in my last sentence. :thumbs

I hate when people say that whenever there is a coaching change this is expected, NU lost more commits in the shorest amount of time in the history of recuirting, that is not good no matter how you spin it. Now this coaching staff is going for the secondary players saying that recuirting rankings don't matter. Obvisouly they are not everything but if you look at the top draft picks and all-americans most are four or five stars. The recuirting experts are not always right but who is, they get paid for evaluating talent so they must know something. Just because NU has had flobs under Billy C doesn't mean they are always wrong. But that also doesn't mean these guys now will not be great players and with proper coaching and conditioning they could be and I hope they are.

Our recuirting had a horrible turn and as of right now I would put it as a d+.

I hate when people say that whenever there is a coaching change this is expected, NU lost more commits in the shorest amount of time in the history of recuirting, that is not good no matter how you spin it. Now this coaching staff is going for the secondary players saying that recuirting rankings don't matter. Obvisouly they are not everything but if you look at the top draft picks and all-americans most are four or five stars. The recuirting experts are not always right but who is, they get paid for evaluating talent so they must know something. Just because NU has had flobs under Billy C doesn't mean they are always wrong. But that also doesn't mean these guys now will not be great players and with proper coaching and conditioning they could be and I hope they are.

I could be wrong, but I thought a majority of first round picks were 3 or 4 star recruits, with some 5-star, 2-star and no-star's mixed in. Some 5-stars seem to flop when they get to college (ego's and big heads). I also disagree with your first sentence - most kids commit to the coaches not the school, so de-commits are expected when the coach gets fired (especially when most assistants get let go too).

I could be wrong, but I thought a majority of first round picks were 3 or 4 star recruits, with some 5-star, 2-star and no-star's mixed in. Some 5-stars seem to flop when they get to college (ego's and big heads). I also disagree with your first sentence - most kids commit to the coaches not the school, so de-commits are expected when the coach gets fired (especially when most assistants get let go too).

granted but not as many as NU lost

let's wait until signing day and see how we are rated overall, would that be fair?

let's wait until signing day and see how we are rated overall, would that be fair?

rivals and scout have been ranking classes since the start of the season, I see no reason why we can talk about this. clearly any comments people make is the the stipulation that "if recruiting ended right now" if we cant talk like this, then what is the point of the recruiting board?

anyway I think D+ might be a little harsh..... we are almost a top 25 class