Pelini's recruits

Barring a real disaster or melt down, I don't see how any recruiting failure this year can be solely attributed to Pelini. Our team sucked and good recruits don't like to go to a school that is not on top.

Not necessarily true. How do you explain ND?

Notre Dame has its own network; recruits like to be on tv.

You really think that's it?

Barring a real disaster or melt down, I don't see how any recruiting failure this year can be solely attributed to Pelini. Our team sucked and good recruits don't like to go to a school that is not on top.

Not necessarily true. How do you explain ND?

Notre Dame has its own network; recruits like to be on tv.

You really think that's it?

I think that is a very big part of it, yes. Aside from that, ND is an anomaly, as another poster noted.

So you're saying if you polled 10 ND commits or even players, 8 to 10 of them would say the biggest reason they came to ND was that they are on TV a lot?

I don't know if I buy that.

No, I don't think they would say that, because they are in politician mode at that point. I do, however, think that ND having nearly all of their games televised is a huge attraction for recruits. It might not be the deciding factor, but I think many recruits considering two schools and all other things being equal, that could very well be one of the factors that makes them choose ND.

And again, ND is an anomaly....

So you're saying if you polled 10 ND commits or even players, 8 to 10 of them would say the biggest reason they came to ND was that they are on TV a lot?

I don't know if I buy that.

How I would say it would be like this. Is the only reason all these ND players are in this all star game because they are going to ND? There were 13 players at a high school all star game that were going to ND, and the game was aired on NBC, I would wonder how much of it was on the up and up. After all, there is a very good argument to be made that recruits get the stars they get based on where they commit to.

Do not worry about recruits right now. Coach Pelini will make it work some way or another. I'm not worried about this years recruiting class so much cause I truly believe that we have enough talent on the team right now to be a very very good football team with the right coaching. Now next year if the recruiting class sucks then we have a major problem.....

Please please put your faith in Pelini....he is a hell of a coach and how could any player not want to play for a guy that's defense did what it just did to Ohio State and the so-called college football God Jim Tressel.

I am excited as hell for the 08 season. Recruits or not.

Some of you need to get over your fascination with star's. The only reason your upset is because two websites that charged you 100 bucks told you they were good. Do you really think that these guy's sit around at night talking about who the best high school player in the country is? No! They sit around at night and count the money they are bringing in hand over fist because of the thousand's of people that think their opinion matters. Kansas really doesn't care about stars, most of us would be pretty happy with their record right now. Honestly I hope our team this year is filled with guy's who want to play for Nebraska and play all four quarters. I really couldn't care less how many stars are behind their name.

Bo will get the players we need and there will be blood and bodies decorating the field this year.

Go Big Red! :woo

Amen.

post-4426-1199922059.jpg