Can Pinkel recruit on his own?

HANC

First of all, I wonder how many schollies MU gets........... I know you can sign as many as you have available, typically between 21-30....but, geez, they have taken 5-4 NU guys alone...

Can Pinkel even spot talent, or does he wait until another program spots the talent, and then he is like a vulture that swoops in and atttacks the wounded rabbit....... friggin hyena......

First, I think MU is here for the short term, as long as Pinkel is there.... I think that recruits must have not paid much attention...... IMO, if Pinkel didn't go at least 7-5, he probably would have been fired..... he has under acheived since he has been there....any MU fan that says they support him completely is probably full of garbage....they have been calling for his head 3-4 years.........

IMO, this team is Daniel ( only 1 more yr), Macklin (NFL after next yr.), Rucker (gone), Coffman (1 more yr.)........ These guys were able to "overcome" the Pinkel factor...... Sorry, Gabbert is not Daniel.....

I may sound like a jealous fan on a rant ( because I am :) ), but I think that there is a little bit of truth to what I am saying......

other than Gabbert, I don't think that they have really "stolen" any super-stars, and Gabbert will not be Daniel IMO...... Hoch will be a run of the mill OL.....he is too nice, and has a way to go.......he will probably be a "starter", but never All-Big 12......

First of all, I wonder how many schollies MU gets........... I know you can sign as many as you have available, typically between 21-30....but, geez, they have taken 5-4 NU guys alone...

Can Pinkel even spot talent, or does he wait until another program spots the talent, and then he is like a vulture that swoops in and atttacks the wounded rabbit....... friggin hyena......

First, I think MU is here for the short term, as long as Pinkel is there.... I think that recruits must have not paid much attention...... IMO, if Pinkel didn't go at least 7-5, he probably would have been fired..... he has under acheived since he has been there....any MU fan that says they support him completely is probably full of garbage....they have been calling for his head 3-4 years.........

IMO, this team is Daniel ( only 1 more yr), Macklin (NFL after next yr.), Rucker (gone), Coffman (1 more yr.)........ These guys were able to "overcome" the Pinkel factor...... Sorry, Gabbert is not Daniel.....

I may sound like a jealous fan on a rant ( because I am :) ), but I think that there is a little bit of truth to what I am saying......

other than Gabbert, I don't think that they have really "stolen" any super-stars, and Gabbert will not be Daniel IMO...... Hoch will be a run of the mill OL.....he is too nice, and has a way to go.......he will probably be a "starter", but never All-Big 12......

Dunno... Anything could happen. I personally wasn't impressed with Gabbert to the degree that some were. Then again I didn't think Daniel would be all that great either. At least not a top national quarterback. Didn't think he would be even as good as the guy he replaced. Guess he showed me.

Well... Mizzou has been getting better for a while now. Pinkel may be able to keep it going for a while but that's awfully hard these days. All I can say is don't overlook them. And don't overlook KU anymore either.

I think this is all just wishful thinking. I hate to say it...but Missouri is going to be a thorn in our/everyone's side for a while.

With recruiting services, such as scout/rivals...it's not very hard to spot talent anymore. Christ, I could assemble a helluva team just visiting those websites.

The trick is getting them to come and play for you. Obviously, Missouri is riding their success of this season. Recruits see this and they commit. Unfortunately, and I wish it wasn't this way, but I think very few recruits make their decisions on our tradition, facilities, fan-base, etc. How else can you explain Missouri "stealing" our recruits?

It's like anything else these days, recruits are just looking for the current "fad." In this case, the fad is committing to a currently-successful (one year) team. Everyone wants to win, and win right-away.

I think what these recruits fail to realize is that we, as Nebraska fans, will never settle. We will win. And we will do it our way. And it will happen.

Remember that we're dealing with 17-18 year old kids. I can remember how indecisive I was about selecting a college...let alone a college I would play football at (which didn't apply to me, unfortunately).

We're also dealing with kids that, for the most part, aren't from Nebraska.

They don't understand, because they haven't been exposed/experienced/raised to it, what it means to play for Nebraska. Our final recruits and current players will/do understand, and I'm sure in the end they'll know "There is no place like Nebraska." And that's not a euphemism.

History and Tradition. Those are the words that, when spoken, strike a chord in our heads. Because we know what those words mean. They built our program.

All I can say is this: if a player opts for Missouri over Nebraska because they're winning. Fine. I feel sorry for them.

And in the end...they'll be sorry as well. My opinion, of course.

:yeah

Rucker was ours for the taking until the coaching staff seemed to have lost his number and didn't contact him again. Gabbert was ours until the coaching shakeup. If I were a big time recruit, I would keep in the back of my mind what Pinkel did to Smith who accomplished something only one other QB in D1 has ever accomplished.

Rucker was ours for the taking until the coaching staff seemed to have lost his number and didn't contact him again. Gabbert was ours until the coaching shakeup. If I were a big time recruit, I would keep in the back of my mind what Pinkel did to Smith who accomplished something only one other QB in D1 has ever accomplished.

The thing Pinkel has been successful at has been to some degree sealing our borders and picking off recruits from Texas overlooked by the Big 12 south. No doubt closing the borders has been aided by the fall of the Nebraska program under Callahan. It remains to be seen if we can continue to keep recruits in Missouri if Nebraska experiences success under Peilini. Nebraska certainly has a recruiting edge with tradition, game day atmosphere and facilities, although Mizzou has narrowed the gap to those advantages to some degree. I do think however that biggest thing going for us is recent success. More and more high school kids probably won't remember much about Brad Smith and most of them probably don't remember much about Nebraska's last National Championship.

I may sound like a jealous fan on a rant ( because I am :) )

At least you're honest....

Nah.. there's no talent with Martin Rucker, Will Franklin, Stryker Sulak, Jeremy (your worst nightmare) Maclin, Chase D, Chase Coffman, et al. You generally finish the year at #4 with ZERO talent.

Gabbert has been recruited for 3 years by Mizzou. The only reason he considered and committed to NU was because his dad or uncle was coached by Callahan at SIU-Carbondale.

Andrew Jones is an incoming freshman you'll learn to hate, along with Wes Kemp and Aldon Smith, Rolandis Woodland and Drew Temple.

I don"t get tha question. You say"can Pinkel recuit on his own, and I can say, he recuited ahole team that finish #4 for the country this year. That would be my answer but only you can know if you beleif it.

Can he spot talent you say: His last 2 starting QB's (Brad and Chase) weren"t not wanted to much, but he figured it out an then the BIG12 got to spend last 7 years chasing them around the fiield. He didn"t steal them from nobody. nobody wanted them. Who does that make smart? That much is fact.

Not sure how you say inderachived when MU was 12-2. At first of year you must have said -MU will go 14-0, I guess.

Okay for that, and.

TuffTiger

They had a great year and are getting some very talented people. As mentioned they are getting kids from Texas that seem over looked.

That seems to be exactly what our coaches are doing right now. They are going after Texas kids with speed and under the radar to a degree.

Gabbert will be a real good one.

Good luck to MU except against us.