Pelini: We want to win now

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.ph...=single#c219596

I say we start a new campaign...."National Champs '09" - why not shoot for the moon, look at how many nobodies were somebody last season...Parity is here...we can be a part of it....you have to believe!! :restore

Well...maybe not in 09.... 2010 or 2011 might be more reasonable... but you never know. :bonez

I don't know...but after all the upsets we saw this year in college football, why not...why not believe that we can take this team and make something out of it. I am totally psyched for this season to begin...a few months ago, I couldn't say that. I think our players will be mentally ready this year, which they really weren't last year. I believe. I believe Bo will have them pumped and ready....and the other coaches will insure they get the coaching they need, which is something they really didn't get under the previous administration.

I for one, am going into this year with the attitude that we can do it...what do we have to lose? If everyone goes with that attitude, we could be dangerous this year. I would love to scare some people into believing that we are for real again.

Absolutely anything is possible. I don't expect it to happen, but it'd be awesome.

You have to expect it to happen, that is part of believing.... :hellloooo

The problem with that is then you become disappointed with anything less IMO. As a fan I think you need to be reasonably optimistic. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

I just like the attitude. Instead of "Let's go out and try not to get blown out" as a coaching philosophy, Pelini will install these expectations in the team and I truly believe they will perform. Granted, I don't think we'll run the table, but we'll be in a position to compete and win every game. Pelini knows that there is talent on this team, but what it lacked was coaching and motivation. That will be taken care of and things will be back in place quickly.

I don't know why people are too worried about being disappointed.

Probably because of what happened with the last staff. What a lot of fans are thinking now is very comparable to what they were thinking when Callahan took over. Lots of optimism. Sure, there were some detractors but there are now with Bo as well.

I don't know why people are too worried about being disappointed.

Probably because of what happened with the last staff. What a lot of fans are thinking now is very comparable to what they were thinking when Callahan took over. Lots of optimism. Sure, there were some detractors but there are now with Bo as well.

I get what you're saying, but it doesn't help when TO comes out and says he told the previous staff they needed to win X amount of games to keep their jobs. It doesn't help to curb optimism when he states if he hadn't won a bowl game he more than likely would have been fired.

Things have changed. With the inception of the Big 12, there's only one team in the pat 12 years who has had a winning season every year (Texas Tech). 1/3 of the Big 12 teams this year finished in the top 10. Friggin 40% of the top 10 was made up of Big 12 teams. 9 wins is by no means a lock for anyone in the conference anymore. Next year, quite honestly, finishing 3rd in the Big 12 North is optimistic. Considering we weren't really ever even in the ball game with several teams this past year, I think the first goal is to become competitive. Okie States D in 2007 was not impressive at all, but yet we failed to score in the first half. We have a lot of things to overcome before we start labeling 9 wins a lock.

Absolutely anything is possible. I don't expect it to happen, but it'd be awesome.

You have to expect it to happen, that is part of believing.... :hellloooo

The problem with that is then you become disappointed with anything less IMO. As a fan I think you need to be reasonably optimistic. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

Welcome to being a Mizzou fan . . Years of unrealistic expectations and dissapointment. <_<