DE Jacquies Smith

DE Jacquies Smith

Dallas (TX) South Oak Cliff

6-foot-4

220 lbs

Visit Date: 01-17-08

Scholarships offered: Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, A&M, Fresno St, Baylor, Colorado, Colorado St

Favorites: Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, A&M

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Smith is a DE/OLB combo. His stock started rising over this past summer and is still on it's way up, He is visiting Nebraska on the 17th and then he is traveling to Missouri on the 19th. The only other visit Smith has taken was to Michigan St. Smith stated that he is hoping to end his recuriting search by next week. This one popped up on the radar due to recently hired RB's coach Tim Beck. Beck is in Texas as we speak beating the bushes looking for recruits. He made a personal visit to Smith yesterday and set up the visit to Lincoln. Smith stated that he has been talking to Coach Beck when he was at KU.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: I would say right now we got about a 40% chance of landing Smith. Reason I have this percentage up so high is due to the fact that Smith and Coach Beck already know each other. After he takes his visits to Nebraska and Missouri I think we all will get a better feel for where Smith is looking to go.

DE Jacquies Smith

Dallas (TX) South Oak Cliff

6-foot-4

220 lbs

Visit Date: 01-17-08

Scholarships offered: Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, A&M, Fresno St, Baylor, Colorado, Colorado St

Favorites: Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, A&M

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Smith is a DE/OLB combo. His stock started rising over this past summer and is still on it's way up, He is visiting Nebraska on the 17th and then he is traveling to Missouri on the 19th. The only other visit Smith has taken was to Michigan St. Smith stated that he is hoping to end his recuriting search by next week. This one popped up on the radar due to recently hired RB's coach Tim Beck. Beck is in Texas as we speak beating the bushes looking for recruits. He made a personal visit to Smith yesterday and set up the visit to Lincoln. Smith stated that he has been talking to Coach Beck when he was at KU.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: I would say right now we got about a 40% chance of landing Smith. Reason I have this percentage up so high is due to the fact that Smith and Coach Beck already know each other. After he takes his visits to Nebraska and Missouri I think we all will get a better feel for where Smith is looking to go.

I knew Beck would have an immediate recruiting impact. I hope he can lock this one up.

I would be highly impressed if Coach Beck snagged this kid with only 2 weeks of recruiting for Nebraska!

agree, not likely.

I dont see why not. imagine you are car shopping..... you like one car salesman, but he's selling a 90's kia(KU), so your not real interested, well then he calls back a few weeks later and now he has a lexus!!

I would be highly impressed if Coach Beck snagged this kid with only 2 weeks of recruiting for Nebraska!

agree, not likely.

I dont see why not. imagine you are car shopping..... you like one car salesman, but he's selling a 90's kia(KU), so your not real interested, well then he calls back a few weeks later and now he has a lexus!!

Well if that is the case...this "Lexus" must have been broke down for 4 years and needed an entire engine overhaul! :laughpound

agree, not likely.

Well if that is the case...this "Lexus" must have been broke down for 4 years and needed an entire engine overhaul! :laughpound

even the best cars break!! :nanalama