Legacy v. Donors

Why are you here? Why are you complaining to us?

Thought this was a fan site. It is a valid question no matter what side you are on it is something all of us will have to work through. Trying to put my thoughts out there and get attcaked, so I am just fighting back a little, thought is was a more interesting topic than "just got back from xxxxx, and boy there fans suck!!! We are so great".

Re-seating by donation level would only create animosity. The way seating is handled at Memorial Stadium is what makes it so special. If we change to a donation based seating, it will only piss off those who have had tickets for years, rendering their years of loyal support useless. Man up, pay your dues and serve your time, just like those before you. Just because you have money doesnt mean you deserve better than those who have been coming to the games for 40+ yrs. Consider yourself lucky that you can even get season tickets, there are far more of us wanting to get season tickets than actually have them.

Memorial Stadium serves as a moral compass for those with this kind of backwards thinking. Just because you can come in with your big wallet, doesnt mean you care more about the program than a family that has been coming to games for 25 yrs and has to save up all year just to buy next years tixs. This is Nebraska where you have to earn respect, it isnt given just because you wipe your ass with $20's.

Just so you know I came from nothing. I am not rich, but comfortable. 99% of you would'nt do what I do. I leave my family and friends behind for long periods of time to work in some of the most horrible places on earth, it happens to pay me very well. I dont ask for your respect or to even show any. I have brought up a fair question. People can sit here and talk about "Husker like", while I can watch legacy guys whore out there tickets to the highest bidder. What is fair in that? I choose to give my money to the U. The fact is donations are the second biggest source of money to this program. If your family did something for the U in the past great, but I think the debts from the 60's have been paid in full. It is time to let the next generation into the stands, we understand that it takes a little more than just showing up every week to keep the Huskers great. I have invested in this program, I dont think I am a better person or a bigger fan than a legacy, but the first time we lose a coach because we cant come up with the money, then lets see the cries on this site.

I bet you feel soooo much better that you got that little gem out how you're better than all of us too.

Do you think every person who owns land that has been passed through the generations should forfeit so everyone else can have a chance to buy it? Just wondering comrade.

Yes I am so much better than all of you WOW you caught me, I am an a$$!! I never said I was better than anyone, in fact it is in the post towards the end.

If your land was for sale would you want a fair price for it, or sell it for less because someone was at a party in the corn field once? Same thing here, only you don't own your seats. UNL can kick me or anyone out at anytime......

Re-seating by donation level would only create animosity. The way seating is handled at Memorial Stadium is what makes it so special. If we change to a donation based seating, it will only piss off those who have had tickets for years, rendering their years of loyal support useless. Man up, pay your dues and serve your time, just like those before you. Just because you have money doesnt mean you deserve better than those who have been coming to the games for 40+ yrs. Consider yourself lucky that you can even get season tickets, there are far more of us wanting to get season tickets than actually have them.

Memorial Stadium serves as a moral compass for those with this kind of backwards thinking. Just because you can come in with your big wallet, doesnt mean you care more about the program than a family that has been coming to games for 25 yrs and has to save up all year just to buy next years tixs. This is Nebraska where you have to earn respect, it isnt given just because you wipe your ass with $20's.

Just so you know I came from nothing. I am not rich, but comfortable. 99% of you would'nt do what I do. I leave my family and friends behind for long periods of time to work in some of the most horrible places on earth, it happens to pay me very well. I dont ask for your respect or to even show any. I have brought up a fair question. People can sit here and talk about "Husker like", while I can watch legacy guys whore out there tickets to the highest bidder. What is fair in that? I choose to give my money to the U. The fact is donations are the second biggest source of money to this program. If your family did something for the U in the past great, but I think the debts from the 60's have been paid in full. It is time to let the next generation into the stands, we understand that it takes a little more than just showing up every week to keep the Huskers great. I have invested in this program, I dont think I am a better person or a bigger fan than a legacy, but the first time we lose a coach because we cant come up with the money, then lets see the cries on this site.

I bet you feel soooo much better that you got that little gem out how you're better than all of us too.

Do you think every person who owns land that has been passed through the generations should forfeit so everyone else can have a chance to buy it? Just wondering comrade.

Yes I am so much better than all of you WOW you caught me, I am an a$$!! I never said I was better than anyone, in fact it is in the post towards the end.

If your land was for sale would you want a fair price for it, or sell it for less because someone was at a party in the corn field once? Same thing here, only you don't own your seats. UNL can kick me or anyone out at anytime......

Huh? The tickets cost the same. The higher the ticket price, the better the ticket, not their fault that you have to donate...........

:):):):):):)

I'll be "donating" (actually helping to pay tuition) for the next 4 years. The only thing I don't like is the $17,000 extra because because we live 80 miles north of the SD/NE border. It just seems like a pretty steep premium but I wouldn't want my girl to go anywhere else.

>>>T_O_B

:):):):):):)

hah this is a bit off topic but isn't SD part of the midwest exchange program? i know iowa isn't which screwed me over there (only for my major, i'm a husker for life at heart, and now in school hahah) but i thought SD was part of it, which would still be a higher price, but not quite as much.. plus, if your daughter is stayin in the dorms.. make sure she DOESN'T get thrown into cather/pound.. tiny rooms, showers suck.. gonna be knocked down in a couple years.. hahahah

Reseating is totally stupid unless you voluntarily change your seating, usually by doing an upgrade. If they force people out of their seats, you can bet that the whole attitude towards Nebraska Football will come back to bite them, and bite them hard.

As far as the comment about the Athletic Dept not needing money...that is pure bull. Why do you think Pederson was out there doing all the fund raising? The football program probably pays for some of the lesser sports, but in itself with maintaining Memorial Stadium and all the other facilities, and then the travel, this is not cheap. Besides, when they are putting pressure on you to donate to get or keep a seat, that just smacks of saying they need the money. So IMO they do need the money, otherwise why would they be pushing for the donations? Why would they kiss the butts of the big donors so much? You have to be totally stupid to think they don't want and need the money from donors.

..when my uncle moved to Pittsburgh a couple of years ago, i was offered the tickets to keep them in the family...wow, i cant tell you how grateful i was, .... the easiest money that has ever left my pocket to hold onto our families seats.... i will make sure to offer up the games our family and friends cant make it to on the forum for all of the die hard husker fans ....

..when my uncle moved to Pittsburgh a couple of years ago, i was offered the tickets to keep them in the family...wow, i cant tell you how grateful i was, .... the easiest money that has ever left my pocket to hold onto our families seats.... i will make sure to offer up the games our family and friends cant make it to on the forum for all of the die hard husker fans ....

I would much rather see that than to have them end up on Ebay for the opposition's fans to swallow up. I don't mind someone making a little profit for their time and effort to find someone to use their tickets, but (not saying this is you by no means) it p's me off to see someone take the tickets just to make money on them and their not a real fan.

I would much rather see that than to have them end up on Ebay for the opposition's fans to swallow up. I don't mind someone making a little profit for their time and effort to find someone to use their tickets, but (not saying this is you by no means) it p's me off to see someone take the tickets just to make money on them and their not a real fan.

Huskertrucker put it right, after all the bi$$hing people (not Bugeater23) that have tickets passed to them and just sell them and maybe go to one game a year... They dont care about the team they are just given the tickets for face value and sell them at ticket express for 300 a pop, but they think they have the right to them no matter what, while thousands of people sit on the list writing a check evey year waitng for someone to move or whatever. Myself I am done with this topic almost sorry I started it.......

Reseating is totally stupid unless you voluntarily change your seating, usually by doing an upgrade. If they force people out of their seats, you can bet that the whole attitude towards Nebraska Football will come back to bite them, and bite them hard.

As far as the comment about the Athletic Dept not needing money...that is pure bull. Why do you think Pederson was out there doing all the fund raising? The football program probably pays for some of the lesser sports, but in itself with maintaining Memorial Stadium and all the other facilities, and then the travel, this is not cheap. Besides, when they are putting pressure on you to donate to get or keep a seat, that just smacks of saying they need the money. So IMO they do need the money, otherwise why would they be pushing for the donations? Why would they kiss the butts of the big donors so much? You have to be totally stupid to think they don't want and need the money from donors.

Hi H-T, I think you may find that our fund raising for the University is not mearly based on need but on future considerations. Like the Catholic Church, no offence meant, we may not need it today, tomorrow or next year but at some time we will and its good to keep the water faucet running.

>>>T_O_B :)

Hi H-T, I think you may find that our fund raising for the University is not mearly based on need but on future considerations. Like the Catholic Church, no offence meant, we may not need it today, tomorrow or next year but at some time we will and its good to keep the water faucet running.

>>>T_O_B :)

I just wish they would use some of that "future consideration" towards expanding Memorial Stadium for the average guy now that they have totally renovated the luxury boxes for the rich guys up there. As I have stated before, I believe that if they had 80,000 seats they could fill them, and can you imagine the intimidation that would be if you were an opponent coming into that sea of red? That would be so awesome, and loud.

I look at fund raising like making money...to make money you have to spend money. To raise funds you have to spend money on those that are more likely to be able to give you the most. Nebraska is not unlike any other school in that position. That is a fact of life, but it would be nice to see some of that money that is raised make it down to the average guy on the street that can't affort to donate $5000 a year to get a seat or two. There is only evidence that if they built the house bigger, they would fill it. There is no evidence that they would have any empty seats if they did a major expansion, and I firmly believe that it would be beneficial to do so in regards to the support the team would get.

I can accept the system as it is...as I must. But if they go to seating by how much they get in the form of a donation, I can't say that I will support it any longer. I would either just watch the games on television or listen to them on the radio, or find something else to do, as I would be very disappointed in the appearance of greed that the university would be showing.

I don't believe that there is any chance that they would re-seat people forcibly that have had their seats in previous years. If they did, Nebraska would just become another program...they would lose some of the tradition that has been there through the years. So, IMO this whole thread is one I should have just overlooked...and probably should not have been brought up by anyone. dedhoarse

:)

Yeah I'm with ya man. One thing I would like to see is a parents day where each student could bring his/her parents for a day. I wouldn't mind the cost it would just be nice to go with your kid and have a great day. They could spread it out over the whole schedule. Won't happen but it would be nice.

Cantankerous stirred up a nest of hornets. :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

>>>T_O_B

Yeah I'm with ya man. One thing I would like to see is a parents day where each student could bring his/her parents for a day. I wouldn't mind the cost it would just be nice to go with your kid and have a great day. They could spread it out over the whole schedule. Won't happen but it would be nice.

Cantankerous stirred up a nest of hornets. :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

>>>T_O_B

Yeah gave us something to complain about on a cold winter day... As I said I thihk this will be an issue we will have to deal with for years to come, someone will always feel left out. Anyway enough on that, the question of expanding, I might be smoking crack here but I thought max attendance was over 80,000. I guess it really dosent matter I think they could safely put in 10,000 more a with little problem, larger east side balconey possibly, maybe after we break 300 then take the chance....