Huskers in 2008

JGS30

<_<

P.S. Blue and Red is putrid? It is the color of our national teams, but whatever, that is your personal view I guess.

The uni's in your avatar pic are pretty hidious looking. When did they start going with the blue helmets and red jerseys?

I think thats from the bowl game against Va Tech. Also, jayhawk, there is nothing wrong with blue and red, its just blue and red together. Give Mangino a red nose and they could be called the Kansas Fighting Clowns. <_<

post-5186-1204764822.jpg

<_<

P.S. Blue and Red is putrid? It is the color of our national teams, but whatever, that is your personal view I guess.

The uni's in your avatar pic are pretty hidious looking. When did they start going with the blue helmets and red jerseys?

I think thats from the bowl game against Va Tech. Also, jayhawk, there is nothing wrong with blue and red, its just blue and red together. Give Mangino a red nose and they could be called the Kansas Fighting Clowns. <_<

OK, Bozo is funny.

I just saying, it is also the colors of the US national team.

I like the red unis, we have worn them for a few years now. We have never lost in them either. You would not see them against Nebraska or Iowa State, we only wear them in games where the opponent does not have red in their colors (at least so far). We usually wear Blue. Ole Miss does something similar, I think it is rather fun. The basket ball team had a yellow uniform that they used. Normally KU only uses Yellow on the actual Jayhawk. Yellow with Red trim is gaudy, they got rid of those Unis quick, they are not so popular (and quite ugly). Not to mention Yellow is really not a color for us....

miraclecov.jpg

I am not bagging on anyone, but have the right to a well thought out opinion without being told I am patronizing people or do not know college football, because you do not want to hear me.

Dude...check the thread! I gave you a more complete and well thought out opinion than your mother would give you!

A) I explained...in detail...complete with week by week analysis, my opinion of how I thought KU and ISU would fare against their respective opponents in 2008.

B) I explained...again in great detail...why, in my opinion, your comparison between Allen and Mangino was inaccurate

C) I explained...in detail...why I thought KU's 2007 football season was a fluke and why I thought, again in my opinion, that it would not be duplicated.

For every arguement you made, I had an equally objective counter-arguement. For every point, a counter point. Sorry dude but short of me saying "All Hail Mighty Kansas...the greatest football dynasty in the country" (which I am NOT going to do by the way) we're just going to have to agree to disagree and wait till the season starts to sort it out. If KU pulls another great season out of Mangino's butt, I'll be the first one to say "Whoopie for Kansas"...but don't hold your breath cuz it ain't gonna happen.

I am not bagging on anyone, but have the right to a well thought out opinion without being told I am patronizing people or do not know college football, because you do not want to hear me.

Dude...check the thread! I gave you a more complete and well thought out opinion than your mother would give you!

A) I explained...in detail...complete with week by week analysis, my opinion of how I thought KU and ISU would fare against their respective opponents in 2008.

B) I explained...again in great detail...why, in my opinion, your comparison between Allen and Mangino was inaccurate

C) I explained...in detail...why I thought KU's 2007 football season was a fluke and why I thought, again in my opinion, that it would not be duplicated.

For every arguement you made, I had an equally objective counter-arguement. For every point, a counter point. Sorry dude but short of me saying "All Hail Mighty Kansas...the greatest football dynasty in the country" (which I am NOT going to do by the way) we're just going to have to agree to disagree and wait till the season starts to sort it out. If KU pulls another great season out of Mangino's butt, I'll be the first one to say "Whoopie for Kansas"...but don't hold your breath cuz it ain't gonna happen.

Well, you did make very well thought out counter arguments, except for the glaring omission of how you explain my point that Kansas started as a mediocre program under Allen, went to Awful, and how Mangino has more than reversed that. I agree you broke down 2008, and, as you say, it is only opinion. So I do not think you have answered my point, but I will let it go if you feel you have, as it is belabored enough as it is... So, you will come on here and Post after KU wins 8 games and admit the Jayhawk was right, I will do the same if we win 7 or less? Also, you saying all hail Kansas would be sweet. put that in the post when I win....

I am not going to hate on ISU just because you are hating on the Jayhawks, I would pick them for 6-6 or maybe 7-5 if things go well. You guys have OK talent, but I wouldn't trade my man. You are going to wave bye to us, but even after you won 2 nice games at the end of last year we beat you 45-7 (up from 41-10 the year before, see, improvement). I think some of the beatdowns Kansas laid out this year would make you think we were good, but to each there own. I do not remember sitting in the stands as a kid and watching the Huskers beat us down, as they did most of their opponents and not give them any credit. But it is in Ames this year, so maybe it will be more difficult. If we win, it will be 4 years in a row. That would make our crappy coach 5-2 against you guys, maybe THEN he would be good. Allen was 2-3 against you all, maybe now I see why you like him, he also did not ruin your Big 12 North title chance, hmmm, hmmmm.... (Sorry for that, I would have loved for you guys to win that title, you really do have great fans who stick by the team, but it made my point so I went with it)

I pick Nebraska for 7 wins, 8 if things go well. The issue with picking the Huskers is they do have a LOT of talent, and so it is hard to know if they can get more out of these kids, as one would think the talent is there to do something.

Well, you did make very well thought out counter arguments, except for the glaring omission of how you explain my point that Kansas started as a mediocre program under Allen, went to Awful, and how Mangino has more than reversed that. I agree you broke down 2008, and, as you say, it is only opinion. So I do not think you have answered my point, but I will let it go if you feel you have, as it is belabored enough as it is... So, you will come on here and Post after KU wins 8 games and admit the Jayhawk was right, I will do the same if we win 7 or less? Also, you saying all hail Kansas would be sweet. put that in the post when I win....

I am not going to hate on ISU just because you are hating on the Jayhawks, I would pick them for 6-6 or maybe 7-5 if things go well. You guys have OK talent, but I wouldn't trade my man. You are going to wave bye to us, but even after you won 2 nice games at the end of last year we beat you 45-7 (up from 41-10 the year before, see, improvement). I think some of the beatdowns Kansas laid out this year would make you think we were good, but to each there own. I do not remember sitting in the stands as a kid and watching the Huskers beat us down, as they did most of their opponents and not give them any credit. But it is in Ames this year, so maybe it will be more difficult. If we win, it will be 4 years in a row. That would make our crappy coach 5-2 against you guys, maybe THEN he would be good. Allen was 2-3 against you all, maybe now I see why you like him, he also did not ruin your Big 12 North title chance, hmmm, hmmmm.... (Sorry for that, I would have loved for you guys to win that title, you really do have great fans who stick by the team, but it made my point so I went with it)

I pick Nebraska for 7 wins, 8 if things go well. The issue with picking the Huskers is they do have a LOT of talent, and so it is hard to know if they can get more out of these kids, as one would think the talent is there to do something.

KU will win 10 games. 10-2 season. There is no question with all of the returning talent at key positions. Yes, the schedule gets tougher, but KU gets Texas and Texas Tech at home. KU hasn't lost at home since 2005. Check the stats rookies!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! P.S- I attended the KU sports ceremony on Saturday. It was great. Mangino and perkins are both class acts. Our University is extremely lucky to have these two running things. Mangino is PHAT my friends.

Here's to a 10-2....possibly 11-1 2008 Jayhawk football season!

Cheers! P.S- ISU will go 6-6 and get left out of a bowl. NU will go 7-5. Book it kids.

KU will win 10 games. 10-2 season. There is no question with all of the returning talent at key positions. Yes, the schedule gets tougher, but KU gets Texas and Texas Tech at home. KU hasn't lost at home since 2005. Check the stats rookies!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! P.S- I attended the KU sports ceremony on Saturday. It was great. Mangino and perkins are both class acts. Our University is extremely lucky to have these two running things. Mangino is PHAT my friends.

Cheers! P.S- ISU will go 6-6 and get left out of a bowl. NU will go 7-5. Book it kids.

Oh goody...Kansas found its extension cord and look who's back.... <_<

NU will be greatly improved via coaching.

The difference in coaching capabilities between Bo and Callahan is the Grand Canyon. No doubt Bo will have his plate full his first year straightening out the mess....still good for seven or eight wins. Maybe even nine.

Year two of Bo though (2009) the order is restored.

After last season, do stats really mean anything? I mean, you could of said that Michigan will never lose to Appalachian State in The Big House. What stat would ever prove that? Or USC losing to Stanford @ The Colliseum snapping a 35 game home win streak? The Fighting Illini beating the Buckeyes @ The Horseshoe? South Carolina beat Georgia at Sanford Stadium. All Im saying is these "stats" that you speak of didnt help any of those teams. Last year was a crazy season, with next year looking to be even crazier. To summarize it all, stats dont mean anything on the field, its just how bad you want it.

After last season, do stats really mean anything? I mean, you could of said that Michigan will never lose to Appalachian State in The Big House. What stat would ever prove that? Or USC losing to Stanford @ The Colliseum snapping a 35 game home win streak? The Fighting Illini beating the Buckeyes @ The Horseshoe? South Carolina beat Georgia at Sanford Stadium. All Im saying is these "stats" that you speak of didnt help any of those teams. Last year was a crazy season, with next year looking to be even crazier. To summarize it all, stats dont mean anything on the field, its just how bad you want it.

EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!!! Last year I predicted that KU would go 9-3 and I was laughed off this same board!!! Guess what? They went 12-1, so I guess I was wrong! I don't care what anyone says...Ku will win at least 10 games next year. 9 players return on defense and 6 on offense. I don't want to here about the schedule either. KU will go 2-1 VS the South Guaranteed.

Todd Reesing is 12-1 as a starter. He damn sure won't let this team lose more than 2.

This guy is giving KU fans a bad name. I agree that one season does not make a legendary tradition (although I am happy we finally have something to cheer about). You can't just go on another team's msg board and say KU is the greatest, maybe in basketball, but not football. The Va Tech game was the most impressive win for me, but the KSucks victory was the sweetest moment of the season.

If KU can have a good season out of nowhere so can Pelini, I have faith in both of these talented coaches. In truth, both of them are unproven and KU/NU have a lot in common this year. Both are waiting to see if they can have a good season (we are still in shock about our great season here)

This guy is giving KU fans a bad name. I agree that one season does not make a legendary tradition (although I am happy we finally have something to cheer about). You can't just go on another team's msg board and say KU is the greatest, maybe in basketball, but not football. The Va Tech game was the most impressive win for me, but the KSucks victory was the sweetest moment of the season.

If KU can have a good season out of nowhere so can Pelini, I have faith in both of these talented coaches. In truth, both of them are unproven and KU/NU have a lot in common this year. Both are waiting to see if they can have a good season (we are still in shock about our great season here)

How do I give KU fans a bad name? I never said we were the greatest program? What are you talking about JHaWk? I've been a member on this board for 2 years now. I always go back and forth with the fans on here. I'm not on here to trash any team. Yes, last year was a shock to some, but I've been following this program since 1994, and one thing I know is college football. You may be in shock, however I'm not. I predicted before the season that KU would go at least 9-3 and win their bowl. They more than exceeded those standards. 10-2 is NOT unrealistc for our team this year. You, may Jayhawk friend, make our friends look bad. I'm sure you're one of MANY KU fans that have just recently jumped on the bandwagon. I can tell because of your pesimistic approach and your wait and see attitude. That's ok. Be that way. With 9 starters back on defense, and 6 on offense, and plenty of talent coming in, I'll stand by my prediction of 10-2.

On another note: I was at the KU sports banquet last week and I must say it was very good. It was a great tribute to the senior class. I reallyenjoyed watching this team grow through the years.