Huskers in 2008

JGS30

This guy is giving KU fans a bad name. I agree that one season does not make a legendary tradition (although I am happy we finally have something to cheer about). You can't just go on another team's msg board and say KU is the greatest, maybe in basketball, but not football. The Va Tech game was the most impressive win for me, but the KSucks victory was the sweetest moment of the season.

If KU can have a good season out of nowhere so can Pelini, I have faith in both of these talented coaches. In truth, both of them are unproven and KU/NU have a lot in common this year. Both are waiting to see if they can have a good season (we are still in shock about our great season here)

How do I give KU fans a bad name? I never said we were the greatest program? What are you talking about JHaWk? I've been a member on this board for 2 years now. I always go back and forth with the fans on here. I'm not on here to trash any team. Yes, last year was a shock to some, but I've been following this program since 1994, and one thing I know is college football. You may be in shock, however I'm not. I predicted before the season that KU would go at least 9-3 and win their bowl. They more than exceeded those standards. 10-2 is NOT unrealistc for our team this year. You, may Jayhawk friend, make our friends look bad. I'm sure you're one of MANY KU fans that have just recently jumped on the bandwagon. I can tell because of your pesimistic approach and your wait and see attitude. That's ok. Be that way. With 9 starters back on defense, and 6 on offense, and plenty of talent coming in, I'll stand by my prediction of 10-2.

On another note: I was at the KU sports banquet last week and I must say it was very good. It was a great tribute to the senior class. I reallyenjoyed watching this team grow through the years.

And another thing: How can you say Mangino is unproven? Are you joking!?! He inherited a Terry Allen program (that many said was beyond repair) and has lead them to 3 bowl games, winning 2 of them. Plus, KU is now the only team in the North that has won a BCS Bowl game. Mangino is hardly unproven. He has worked hard the last 6 years to build this program from the ground up. Pelini on the other hand has been an assistant at LSU (Football power) and has had the creme of the crop talent wise to work with. We'll see how he does at Nebraska. I'll take the wait and see approach with him. I heard the same optimism with Coach calahan. That really worked out swell!! :clap

Well I mainly like KU for the basketball program, but no one, except you thought KU would have a 12-1 season and a BCS bowl game. I am just being realistic, but Im also optimistic. I would predict a 8-4 season for KU next year and 7-5 for NU. Like it or not, Texas and OU have a talent advantage over us and we will probably lose both, although I really hope we beat Texas at least. For now I will support my Jayhawks in the NCAA tournament. Rock Chalk! (Yes I am a student at KU and have supported the team for about 10 years now, so don't call me a bandwagon fan) I find you shallow and pedantic...

Furthermore, Mangino is unproven as a CONSISTENT winner. I hope he proves the naysayers wrong. I love his coaching style. Not everyone can turn around a bleak KU program like he did.

Well I mainly like KU for the basketball program, but no one, except you thought KU would have a 12-1 season and a BCS bowl game. I am just being realistic, but Im also optimistic. I would predict a 8-4 season for KU next year and 7-5 for NU. Like it or not, Texas and OU have a talent advantage over us and we will probably lose both, although I really hope we beat Texas at least. For now I will support my Jayhawks in the NCAA tournament. Rock Chalk! (Yes I am a student at KU and have supported the team for about 10 years now, so don't call me a bandwagon fan) I find you shallow and pedantic...

Furthermore, Mangino is unproven as a CONSISTENT winner. I hope he proves the naysayers wrong. I love his coaching style. Not everyone can turn around a bleak KU program like he did.

I figured you were one of those students who have followed KU basketball all your life, then just recently decided to start watching KU football now that we actually win games. Thanks for proving my theory right.

:cheers

Kansas at 10-2 in 2008! :lol:

It's a documented fact that every time Kansas looks like they are going to finally gain sustained respectability...they end up totally sucking the next year. Kansas has a two year cycle of success about every 10 years

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

Then, for some reason, there was a statistical blip in the cycle

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

After that...not a single winning record till 2005

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

2008 - 5-7 (my prediction)

Kansas football success is NOT historically self-sustaining...therefore, Kansas will find itself at or near the bottom of the B-12 North next year.

HELLZ YES!!! :yeah

I just want to thank Jjmaus, Cyclone, MU tiger fan for reminding me why I left this board. I really like most of the Husker fans on here, but you guys are a discgrace. Hey Tiger Fan, How idd you guys fare at the Fieldhouse the other night?? :)

awww!! did someone get their feet planted back in reality?! LOL!!

Welcome back, JGS30 :) Always good to have a friendly rival fan stirring some discussion. You shouldn't take all these long breaks, it's like nobody even remembers you.

Thanks Zoogies, I'm happy to be back and feel just as welcomed as last year! :)

I must say that I have really gotten under several posters skin since I've been back. It's nothing personal guys, I really don't mean to piss people off on here. I just don't like it when delusional fans like Cy run their mouth and predict my hawks to finish 5-7. That's just ignorant.

I've noticed that most of the posters on here weren't members back in September of 06 (when I joined). Guys, don't take this personally. Yes I argue with people, but it's all in good fun. I'm really not disrespecting NU in any way saying that I think KU will beat them in Lincoln this year.

Yes, I know you scored 39 points on our defense. I respect that. But keep in mind that Bill Young (DC) (who's gone now, and will be missed from KU's coaching staff) hadn't seen ANY footage of Ganz when he started against KU. It's difficult to prepare for someone you've really never had the opportunity to prepare for. The majority of your points were scored in the first half, then at the half Coach Young made the appropriate adjustments.

I would be lying if I said KU doesn't miss him...because we do. I think his departure may cost us a North title. But only time will tell. I'll take my chances with the 9 returning starters on defense we have back though.

:cheers

So Cy's prediction is less important than yours because he is not a Jayhawk fan... one 12-1 season does not guarantee you will have another winning season! Nebraska won the North in 2006 and totally sucked ballz in 07, so I speak from experience and not from the feeling of winning... which is also new with regard to your football team, so savor the taste... it will be awhile before it happens again.

hee hee...I've got nose hairs that have followed college football longer than these two... :lol:

fo' shizzle! KU fans are starting to sound like sCUm and Mizzou fans... one winning season and suddenly they are untouchable... cant wait to get those bass terds in Lincoln, we are going to have them... Prison Sex Style.

hee hee...I've got nose hairs that have followed college football longer than these two... :lol:

fo' shizzle! KU fans are starting to sound like sCUm and Mizzou fans... one winning season and suddenly they are untouchable... cant wait to get those bass terds in Lincoln, we are going to have them... Prison Sex Style.

OK, I have to admit I'm a little creeped out by that last comment. What ever floats your boat pal.

:wtf

I never said KU was untouchable read what I said. I am actually agreeing with Cy and the rest of you. One 12-1 season is great. It is awsome to finally have a football team that can compete, I know NU will have one next year as well. And to JG of course I like KU basketball better...thats why NU is my second fave team since they have been good at football and we have been good at bball historically. I think Mangino will continue his success next year, just probably won't be in another BCS bowl again (hope Im wrong).

PS I seem to remember havin those "NU bastards" in Lawrence and takin them out prison sex style..

Have some respect man. I have had nothing but respect for the NU program, we aren't used to winning and some fans are overreacting, but having watched TO's class when he won games and championships, I can handle some success.

Sweet. I like it rough.

Well, I think my two compadres are a bit on the oppostie ends. I could definitely see us lose some games, but the team really has been steadily getting better and I think a lot of people did not recognize that, but that is a dead topic.

As for the Prison Sex, just tell me where and when, no one wants to miss that action.

Best of luck next year!