cut short by injuries..

which former NU player (s) do you feel was on the way to a good playing career only to be cut short by injuries or other factor?

The player hurt the worst in terms of injuries would have to be Bump Novachek (sp). His brother had a pretty good NFL career, and he wasn't nearly as athletically gifted as Bump. If it weren't for those concussions, I think he would have been a star in the NFL.

which former NU player (s) do you feel was on the way to a good playing career only to be cut short by injuries or other factor?

if you're talking about an NFL career, you have to say Brook Berringer. projected first rounder before he tragically died.

I've always been a Berringer fan, but where in the world did you read or hear that he was a projected first rounder? He was projected as a 3rd rounder. He had tennis elbow and would have never been able to throw the rock 30+ times a game.

I agree with all of the mentioned. How about adding Kenny Wilson.... He was showing great potential until the injury(s). Power, speed and determination. He did need to learn to hang on to the ball better but was imo on his way to being a star.

Yeah, he definately comes to mind for me and I hope he can show us some things next season. I would also go with Bowman and Herian.

I agree with all of the mentioned. How about adding Kenny Wilson.... He was showing great potential until the injury(s). Power, speed and determination. He did need to learn to hang on to the ball better but was imo on his way to being a star.

Terry Rogers is the one that comes to mind right off.

Mike Grant was never the same after his injury.

Bobby Reynolds

The 1949 team was the first to be coached by Bill Glassford, who produced

three winning seasons in his seven years. Glassford's best team was the one in

1950, which featured Bobby Reynolds, a sophomore from Grand Island, Neb., who

rushed for 1,342 yards and scored 157 points. The 1950 Cornhuskers were 6-2-1

and finished second in the Big Seven Conference. Reynolds was hampered

by injuries as a junior and senior and couldn't duplicate the offensive

statistics that earned him national recognition and the nickname"Mr.Touchdown"

as a sophomore.

Read about the... The 150yd Run

He was all we had and Oklahoma all but crippled him.