early playing time...

What I love is that we will have the most talented players playing...so no seniority. With new coaches across the board (except for Gilmore and Watson of course), it opens up the field to everyone which makes for better competition among the players.

You would think that on the O-Line and D-Lines the guys with the best weight/size/speed will start regardless of their class (FR,SO,JR,SR). Those positions typically have JR,SR just because they have that size you want. DE is a position on the line that would be the most open for FR,SO too.

LB's and secondary should be open for anyone. Even the guys who played last year didn't show much last year so I think FR/SO have great opportunities to start in any of those positions. I would think Compton and Fisher have best chance to play LB as FR. Secondary is wide open.

Offensively, Baker could definitely start now or at least play some meaningful reps as he is stellar and just needs experience. QB could be open for Ganz, Lee, and Witt...whichever guy shows the most in both mobility and throwing has the advantage. Ganz has the edge seemingly but he has things to improve on and I think he will. But don't count out Lee and Witt as they are both supposedly great at throwing and running too (Witt may not be as mobile which I think is key in the offense as shown by the difference Ganz made with his great mobility last year compared to Keller).

WR should be wide open. RB would be tough for Okafor to get reps as we are loaded there. He will probably redshirt.

Mason Wald has the best inate skills of any film I've seen on any of our recruits. This young man if he has the head will be all B12 by Jr yr, flat out cuts the field to the ball ratios better than anyone since mike Brown. Cant teach what this kid shows.

Dawhusker I would agree with you a 110%. I watched the film on this guy and he's a freak. He'll run though guys to tackle the ball carrier. This guy is insane. He's fast, quick, and explosive. Mason Wald will be the next Mike Minter or Mike Brown. This guy is being under estimated as a two star.

Here's a link Mason Wald To the right of his picture you'll notice a Highlight Video so click on that. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

I foresee that Mason Wald might be worked in during the season, and will often be utilized special teams. Its not seniority that gets you a starting position under bo, its who works in best. With that said I can see Baker Stienkuhler being used as a DT not at OL, its where he is needed more but its possible that he plays both sides of the ball, but that is dangerous territory. Will Compton is a talented athlete and during the off season I will be interested to see if he can put himself in position to compete for playing time as a freshman but I do question the skill level he competed agaisnt in HS. and on that NO NEED TO WORRY BO is here

my answers and reasons

mason wald-very possible to see on ST but also on d, pelini uses speed blitzes and this guy fits pelini's style

baker steinkuhler-he could play either side on the line depending on which needs him the most

will compton-great speed for lb which pelini will like, plus lack of other lb experience will open up lb playing time

tyson hetzer-lack of much experience or depth in te department will give him a great chance

collins okafor-has said he wont redshirt, shows good work ethic, beck can mold him which will be an advantage to some of the rbs who will be relearning the fundamentals and footwork

david whitmore-great instincts, lack of depth in secondary