Bandwagon Fans

theneguy95

I don't think booing makes someone a bandwagon fan. I think throwing on a winning teams gear after a couple tough seasons by the team you've rooted for for half a century is. I don't agree with the booing at all. I do believe their egos were crushed and I don' believe we were helping them in any way. Commentators have hated nebraska since I can remember. that's plenty to have a chip on your shoulder about right there. For me it comes down to this... I would't boo my own son off the field so why would I boo my own team off the field? Oh and someone posted that we're all bandwagon fans... That's definitely not true. Many people were born and raised with nebraska football and many people never followed college football and then liked nebraska. If you've never cheered on another team in your life except when it benefits your team how can u have ever jumped onto the bandwagon? CY you had some great points and I'll take some of it as advice.

Michael you asked me to explain...

I didn't say people who criticize the huskers are bandwagon fans. I said people who claim to be husker fans while we were wining at least 9 games every season who have switched to a team who is recently successful is a bandwagon fan. Productive criticism I have no problem with. booing I don't agree with, and rooting for another team when them winning will benefit nebraska makes perfect sense to me. Was that what you asked me to clarify?

Gawd, I can't wait for the season to get here...even the Spring game, this is getting stupid when all we have to talk about is the fans that aren't really fans.

Like I said, why waste your energy worrying about something that don't matter and you aren't going to change?????

:bang

:dedhoarse

:wtf

:nutz

Im not a bandwagon fan though for some reason ive paid much much much more attention then i have in past years.

No like most people i was an innocent 5 year old boy when my stepgrandparents showed me this thing called football on tv. And they told me that no matter what that those folks with the red N on there helmet was what you root for. Soon followed buy loud cheers as 3 championships rolled on buy and i was hooked ever sence. Could you call it cult following maybe. But every year i still drink the koolaid :koolaid2:

This is a good topic and I would also like to throw out there, the "bandwagoners" that will say that they are a fan during football and then turn around and say they are a Creighton fan durning basketball. This makes me sick. Huskers are Huskers. And if you bleed Red, you support the Huskers.

I thought if you "bled Red" that meant you had top secret info regarding Husker info and that if everyone was really nice to you, you'd divulge it.

Bank it!

All I know is that, if you say you "bleed red", you should not be cheering for the blue.

I met a guy at a bar recently. He was a Husker football fan but he hated everything about the Husker basketball program. I wonder if he would hate them if they were winning.<_< Sure enough he was a Creighton basketball fan. I wanted to punch him in his f*cking throat.

Ya, I would like to brag for a second and call me the opposite of a BANWAGON FAN. My father was from Elkorn so husker football was forced into our veins since birth. But, if the huskers lost my life went on, in the 90's I was pretty young and remeber all the wins and cheered but 93 only made me mad because my dad and brothers were mad, 94,95 came around and those were great years, then 97, still a fan but didnt care too much. Then in 2001 my borther got to go to his first husker bowl game, at that point he had been attending doane college, and my family was from ohio so there was a big deal with him going out there. The only reason i cared about a win thatday is so my oldest brother could have fun cause that day was also his 21st birthday. Thats the first time a husker lost effected my life. Then one day in 2002 I decided to watch NU@PSU, after the game I was angry with the loss and started to become attached, I watched every game i could since especially the next year PSU@NU, I was pumped i want to see us embarrase them. I think those are the years I became a great fan. Fast foward four years, My dad calls me and asked me what I am doing new years day in early december, I chuckled and commented "I have no clue, why?" he says How about going to dallas with him and my borthers for the cotton bowl against Auburn. I went and that day was the day that Nebraska Red was permantly placed inside my veins. This season tested that fact and I never failed to miss again whether watching or listening, I was even effected enough to not want to party that night during lossing weeks, I would be in my dorm at UofAKRON just sitting there not wanting to do jack squat because the huskers lost and i know if i went out in my beautiful red attire someone would say somehting and I would get in a fight. I HATE THESE BANDWAGON FANS OF OUR TEAM AND ALL TEAMS, THIS KID WHO LIVES NEXT TO ME IS A WVU, TEXAS, PSU, USC, FLORDIA FAN. I dont get it, how is that possible, little do these uninformed kids know your best shot is the temas with the best winning percentage in the modern era is NU, OU, AND UM

All I know is that, if you say you "bleed red", you should not be cheering for the blue.

I met a guy at a bar recently. He was a Husker football fan but he hated everything about the Husker basketball program. I wonder if he would hate them if they were winning.<_< Sure enough he was a Creighton basketball fan. I wanted to punch him in his f*cking throat.

I agree 100% . . . I hate Creighton. My friends, who are very much like the guy you described, don't get why I actively root against the Jays.