Major Culbert

word is, if he does good this season he might make colonel.

At Nebraska you dont make "colonel" you make "kernel" :nanalama

:yeah:yeah

Actually, the joke was kind of......"corny"

Ohhh snap! *High Five* :koolaid2:

Ha ha! This whole thread is "punny".

In all seriousness, I would be shocked. Shocked! I tell ya! If Culbert was not back on defense.

i'd look for him on defense and bo to try and turn him into a williams like player.

Callahan really messed this kid up. He should have taken a RS last year, but Callahan wasted him away in mop up duty for absolutely no reason at all.

Now Major will probably have to go back the defensive side to help our LBs who have little to no depth at all.

So again, Major has to get used to another new position this year.

I feel sorry for the kid in how he is getting jerked around.

^ agreed.

The whole RB experiment totally baffled me.

Although WILL isn't going to be an entirely new position for him, since that's how he closed the year, no?

Every LB will be going thru a whole new transition this year. Comparing the way Cosgrove had his LBs play, to the way Ekeler and Pelini is like (to steal a line from Varsity Blues), "confusing a wet fart with a sneeze."

Two totally different styles. But Culbert should thrive in the more attacking style, unless the guys up front continue to play like they did last year.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Feb 25 2008, 07:18 PM) 309875[/snapback]

I just want to see him on the field, anywhere. I think he is a playmaker who just needs to see the field.

I feel the same way. IMO players will be used so much more properly on the D side of the ball that it will be a difference noticable as night and day. I can see Culbert being used like Demorrio Williams was back in 2003.