Major Culbert

I agree, I think his best shot to see the field is on the D side of the ball.

And as was said earlier, we need all the help we can get at Linebacker.

Agreed. He seems a very capable player who just needs to settle in and be given the chance to excel. Now is the time in that he would have two complete seasons to really stand out. He is an athlete and LB might be the ideal place for him.

I'm hoping we see him on defense, but don't forget that we thought we had great depth last year at RB and then guys started dropping like flies. That said, with Helu/Castille/Mendoza having a year of seasoning, I think we'll be fine there this year, and the coaches will probly put him at LB (Pelini likes the shorter, faster backers who work with his blitz packages).

I'm hoping we see him on defense, but don't forget that we thought we had great depth last year at RB and then guys started dropping like flies. That said, with Helu/Castille/Mendoza having a year of seasoning, I think we'll be fine there this year, and the coaches will probly put him at LB (Pelini likes the shorter, faster backers who work with his blitz packages).

IMO opinion our RB's were soft from a lack of contact in practices. Getting hit day in and day out should toughen them up alot making them much more durable.

Did Culbert redshirt his freshman year? He's a junior right? I just hope we can find something for this kid, it'd be a waste of talent not to. He's quick and agile, I think he'd fit in well as a hybrid linebacker. I hope he can excel at that position.

Yeah... I would hate to see him waste any more time.... He's a very talented football player, but I thought that the chances given to him were basically counter-productive.

Will the coaches use Major Culbert as a running back or as a linebacker? Personally, I think he should be used as a linebacker b/c I think the Huskers need as much depth as possible at linebacker & we already have alot of depth at running back with Lucky, Glenn, Kenny Wilson, Castille, Helu & Marcus Mendoza plus three incoming freshmen

3 incoming freshmen? I can only think of one who is 100% definitly going to be at RB and that's Okafor. Rodgers was recruited as a DB and Ward as an athlete at either WR or RB. And I doubt (though I have no way of knowing) that Wilson can come back at a 100%, though I'd like to see it.

With that said, I say put Culbert at either SS or LB, depending on what they do with Asante. I've been saying for a while that it'd be nice to see Thenarse and Culbert playing next to each other cause they seem to feed off of each other.