Good Week for hoops

HANC

I have been down on this team most of the year, and I am not jumping onto somekind of "bandwagon", but I would like to say congratulations to the guys and Doc for a great week of NU hoops. After the ISU game, I was conviced that this team was not even go to the NIT, but they really played well enough to upset two ranked teams in a row. Now, I think that if they even split the remaining games, the 3-4 quality wins will get this team into the NIT and post-season..... My original prediction is NIT vs Creighton at Omaha in round 2.... I know that I changed my mind after ISU, but now I am back on board with the original prediction..

Oh, by the way, I have 2 tickets to the CU game on Senior day....should be fun...I am taking my 7 year old son, who by the way, somehow, turned out to be a sCUm fan...little sh!t.... can't wait to ride his little butt all the way home from Lincoln :)

I have been down on this team most of the year, and I am not jumping onto somekind of "bandwagon", but I would like to say congratulations to the guys and Doc for a great week of NU hoops. After the ISU game, I was conviced that this team was not even go to the NIT, but they really played well enough to upset two ranked teams in a row. Now, I think that if they even split the remaining games, the 3-4 quality wins will get this team into the NIT and post-season..... My original prediction is NIT vs Creighton at Omaha in round 2.... I know that I changed my mind after ISU, but now I am back on board with the original prediction..

Oh, by the way, I have 2 tickets to the CU game on Senior day....should be fun...I am taking my 7 year old son, who by the way, somehow, turned out to be a sCUm fan...little sh!t.... can't wait to ride his little butt all the way home from Lincoln :)

faillr0.jpg

I had written off this team after these last two weeks. Some of the stupidest losses I've ever seen . . . but what a week! So we've got four games left:

Oklahoma

@ Oklahoma State

@ Texas

Colorado

I expect us to split these. The two home games are DEFINITELY winnable. Texas will be hard to beat on the road, and Okie State has a lot of momentum right now. We're 16-9 now, and 18-11 gets us into the NIT for sure, I think.

If we win the next 4 could we go to the big dance ?

Interesting question. I would say probably not, but that would make 3 wins over ranked teams in the last month of the season, when it counts most. 9-7 in conference would be good enough, if the nonconference wasn't so weak. If the Huskers are going to make the NCAA, I think they need to win the remaining 4 and at the very least, get to the conference championship game. KSU was left out last year with 22 wins and a 10-6 conference record.

Having said that, I think the NIT is the likely landing place, and is a good job for this team.

The difference between KSU being left out last year and a 9-7 team being left out this year is that last year the B12 was the 7th best conference in basketball, this year we are second.

Saying that I don't see us making the dance. If we don't win all four games we won't have a shot, if we do we probably end up fourth in the conference and the bye would actually hurt us, making it a lose-lose situation. We SHOULD get a decent NIT seed where we could make a little bit of noise but thats about it.