Huskers will Rool in 05

Pitt sucks.

chalk it up to a win.

Not so fast!

Wannstedt will be new...and it'll be a road game for them. Those factor in as plusses.

However, Pitt's got a nice tandem in Falco and Lee, and unless the Huskers beef up the secondary, they could run havok. Falco had like 3,000+ yards last year and an obnoxious completion pct. (something close to 60% I think).

Should be a tough but winnable game, I think.

IRISH!

yeah, take a look at who Palko amassed his numbers against:

380 yds, 3 TD vs. Furman

267 yds vs. UConn

318 yds vs. Rutgers

342 yds vs. Syracuse

334 vs. ND (sounds good but, ND gave up over 350 4 times)

411 vs. S. Florida

251 vs. Utah (of 268 total Pitt yards)

191 yds vs. Temple

49 yds. vs. Ohio (pre-Frank)

228 yds vs. NU but 3 picks

131 yds. against Boston College

165 vs. W.Virginia

amassed over half his yards against S. Florida, Furman, Rutgers, Syracuse, and ND. I'm not sold on this kid yet.

Pitt sucks.

chalk it up to a win.

gee thnx bluewhitebj. ;) yur almos becomin one of tha boyz!!

hey guys, dont tell him but I think hes actaully a closet Husker fan. :o

actually...farthest from the truth......I hate Nebraska.

Having said that, for as much as I dislike you, I have an equal amount of respect for the program. I think NU is one of the few schools that still does things the right way...or as close as you can come to doing things the right way these days.

I stop by from time to time because our programs seem to be mirroring each others struggles...and I wanted to get a gauge on how other fans who have won for so long are reacting to their team. We seem to have an inordinate amount of people who seem to tolerate losing football games that should be won. The constant 'Next Year Gang'. Or maybe its just misery loves company.

Having said that....I hate sPitt more than I hate you guys. And they will not be as good as they were this year....chalk it up to a win.

Is any game in college football really a "gimme" anymore? yea a few weak teams, but upsets do happen. Games in the big 12 will all be tough, the confrence has either evened out or some teams have just gotten weaker. As far as Pitt goes NU's win over them last season was none too impressive for me to count out a loss. Time will tell how things are going in the BC camp, hopefully for the best, but im not convinced enough yet to go with a 7-0 start, im actually hopeful for an above .500 season, some kinda progress.

I agree with game c$%ks we will not lose to Kansas. I agree they are a very improved team but not that much. i hear almost everybody on the board say but its in KU. So what have you been to Lawrence when NU is in town. Its a neautral feild. Lincoln south baby. I say we go 7-4 or 8-3. :thumbs

I agree with the guys who are projecting somewhere around 7-4.....

We will win the ones we are supposed to, we will beat ISU and KSU and Pitt at home.

The recruitment excitement is understandable....HELL, I am stoked !!!! , but if you HONESTLY believe that one class can make a difference, you are kidding yourself, and are setting yourself to be pissed off all next winter too.

The ship is beginning to right itself, but in college football these days, it is a process to rebuild.....Let's face it....We no longer reload (at least for now), we REBUILD......Rebuilding takes PATIENCE......

Let's be realistic, if this team can finish with a winning record, it will be a start....by setting too high of goals, you are not giving this staff a chance to be successful.

NOW, if we don't go bowling next year, some heads should roll !!!!!!

I agree with the guys who are projecting somewhere around 7-4.....

We will win the ones we are supposed to, we will beat ISU and KSU and Pitt at home.

The recruitment excitement is understandable....HELL, I am stoked !!!! , but if you HONESTLY believe that one class can make a difference, you are kidding yourself, and are setting yourself to be pissed off all next winter too.

The ship is beginning to right itself, but in college football these days, it is a process to rebuild.....Let's face it....We no longer reload (at least for now), we REBUILD......Rebuilding takes PATIENCE......

Let's be realistic, if this team can finish with a winning record, it will be a start....by setting too high of goals, you are not giving this staff a chance to be successful.

NOW, if we don't go bowling next year, some heads should roll !!!!!!

I agree. It is easy to get really pumped with the recruiting success what we have had this year, but you have to be realistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Going undefeated is surely a promising topic, but with the recent rise in recruit talent, going undefeated is not likely. I would be glad to see it, but this year is not likely to be the year. When this year's recruiting class matures, and the next year's class is ready, they will be ready to take us to the promise land again.

once again, to win some games, we will have to get some help from the defense, while we patiently wait for the offense to gel, with all the new players that will start on the O-side of the ball.....the real question is, for me, can Coz get the boys together (lots of newbies here too)? can he get them to play zone part-time and man-d the rest of the time effectively? i think if he is smart he will try to simplify things for the defense ( i would rather see them in zone 80% of the time), the same thing BC should have done for the offense last year......you gotta learn to walk, before you can run!