An Osborne move (no pun intended) i dont like.

"I guess, after 50 years, they don't care about the individual," Kutz said. "It just kind of ticks me off."

Well- they do care about the individual... the individual with much deeper pockets than the average fan.

dedhoarse

It is all about money....face it. NCAA football is about money, not education, not kids, but all about money. If that was not true, then why wouldn't some of the money from the football program go towards the academic programs? Every dime that is brought in by football stays in the athletic department. The athletic department is a business...that is the way it is, and nothing is going to change that.

It is incidental that the players get an education. Football is first, IMO if the NCAA didn't monitor schools on their graduation rates, most kids wouldn't leave with a degree. Nebraska does emphasize the education, but that, too, is a recruiting tool when talking to the parents. Nothing is done without a reason.

The nature of man is to go bigger and better...schools will always work to improve their facilities, even though you could have a field, and a bunch of bleachers out there, and the game would be played the same as with a multi-million dollar stadium with all the conveniences that the fan or player could ever wish for. The game is played the same either way.

personally I like the changes, but I think they should have moved the visitors section out of the west stadium if the fans behind the students were so up in arms. have you seen the places other schools seat the nebraska fans? Crappy to say the least and visitors to Lincoln get PRIME real estate... I say move the visitors TO!

More me generation comments.

This program and its fans are headed down the tube.

It is beginning to sicken me listening to some of you.

50 years, donated, paid and came to every game. Yea flush it down the drain as he has other tickets. Or he can just move. Tom wants more money, you whine when the students get moved because of their obnoxious behavior, but some one who has paid the bills for years he is fair game.

Pathetic.

50 years, donated, paid and came to every game. Yea flush it down the drain as he has other tickets. Or he can just move. Tom wants more money, you whine when the students get moved because of their obnoxious behavior, but some one who has paid the bills for years he is fair game.

Pathetic.

Seriously, STFU with this holier than thou crap. It has gone beyond annoying when it keeps getting referred to as a 'me generation'.

The students are what even gives you the option to sit in that seat on Saturday, being quiet and telling others how they can enjoy the game. Without them, you have squat. The university can survive without a football program, but they cannot survive without the students.

If anyone needs to learn their place in line, it is certainly you, sir.

Pathetic.

Seriously, STFU with this holier than thou crap. It has gone beyond annoying when it keeps getting referred to as a 'me generation'.

The students are what even gives you the option to sit in that seat on Saturday, being quiet and telling others how they can enjoy the game. Without them, you have squat. The university can survive without a football program, but they cannot survive without the students.

my exact feeling...

if this generation is all the 'me generation' wouldn't all we care about be ourselves? well stereotyping seems to be pretty much a generalization and caring too much about YOUR personal feelings to get to actually know certain people from a younger generation.. for God's sake all you're doing is make yourself look worse and worse...

Pathetic.

my exact feeling...

if this generation is all the 'me generation' wouldn't all we care about be ourselves? well stereotyping seems to be pretty much a generalization and caring too much about YOUR personal feelings to get to actually know certain people from a younger generation.. for God's sake all you're doing is make yourself look worse and worse...

I think what skers fan was referring to is this: it is pathetic that "this" is what "it" has come to. I know that you'll probably just say, "well, if he (Kutz) is a true NU fan...it shouldn't matter." I disagree.

We should be taking every possible step as to not alienate our fans, certainly not at this juncture. I don't really care, either way, because my seats are never the same - but, SP did enough damage to our fans.

Regardless of who our AD is or who our HC is or how we're playing...I just want us to play like Nebraska. I couldn't care less if my seats are on that catwalk, so long as we're playing like Nebraska can play.

However, Osborne has been (IMO) making some questionable decisions. Just couple this article with TO's decision to move the student section...and this makes for many unhappy fans. It's true.

Sure, we can sit back and say "college football is a business", and accept things as they are.

I know I would not feel great if I had been holding the same season tickets for almost 5 decades....then my tickets are lost because someone is willing to pay more for my seats. Just something to think about, and don't say "well, that's capitalism for ya'."

Personally, I think that as a season-ticket holder since 1958, Kutz should be allowed to keep his tickets...in the same area, at the same price - or at least, a "fair" price. He is a loyal fan, and was likely a season-ticket holder before most of us were born.

Let's be honest here, Osborne is catering to the bigger donors.

It is all about money....face it. NCAA football is about money, not education, not kids, but all about money. If that was not true, then why wouldn't some of the money from the football program go towards the academic programs? Every dime that is brought in by football stays in the athletic department. The athletic department is a business...that is the way it is, and nothing is going to change that.

It is incidental that the players get an education. Football is first, IMO if the NCAA didn't monitor schools on their graduation rates, most kids wouldn't leave with a degree. Nebraska does emphasize the education, but that, too, is a recruiting tool when talking to the parents. Nothing is done without a reason.

The nature of man is to go bigger and better...schools will always work to improve their facilities, even though you could have a field, and a bunch of bleachers out there, and the game would be played the same as with a multi-million dollar stadium with all the conveniences that the fan or player could ever wish for. The game is played the same either way.

That is simply untrue. The money generated by the football program pays for most of the athletic department as well as many academic programs. We are one of only a handful of football programs that actually generate positive income for the university. Most college football programs are lucky to come close to breaking even.

I totally agree that college football is all about the money though. Fans and players are rarely factored into decisions of this kind. I don't really know what can be done about this. It seems a little defeatist to just throw up our hands and say "that's the way it is" but well... that's the way it is. Unless I have millions of dollars sitting around, I don't see how I would get anyone's attention.

You have to admit it's a sour deal when a guy gets moved from seats he's had for 50 years, even if he does get to keep his seats somewhere else. Over 50 years he could have grown accustomed to them and had close friends sitting nearby. It seems a bit callous to shrug and chalk it up to change. Sure change is inevitable, but it always brings winners and losers. This man was a loser in this change. You've gotta feel at least a little bit sad for him.

Question is with this expansion is there going to be a reduction in the amount of seats that are in those areas?

IF so , then they are going to have to have a few disgruntled fans lose their seats anyway and the best way to do that is to up the donation price because they know not 100% of the people will renew at that price.

I dont think they will have any problem filling them though. :thumbs

As far as being there for 50 years and around friends thats too bad. when I go to the games I tailgate :wasted with my friends because we usually sit in different parts of the stadium. And I never have a problem making friends each time I go with the HUSKER fans around me. :cheers

I agree we need to move the visitors section to a different part of the stadium.

Times change and you go with the flow, you fight it out or you simply move on. You pay for tickets and you get a ticket. ALL ticket holders have gotten what they paid for. Times change and so do economics. Ticket prices go up. The same argument could be had if prices went up $25. "I've been a supporter since before the dirt was there under memborial stadium and by golly I shouldn't hafta pay the higher prices".

He was given options that he may or may not like, may or may not be able to afford etc.

Everything gets more expensive and while loyalty to a ticket holder is important it is not THE most important. They don't sell tickets to build loyalty they sell them to pay for everything and at Nebraska it works. It fact it works quite well.

On the flip side you hear people all the time whining because they can't buy tickets at all. The waiting list is too long, my neighbor has their uncles tickets that he's had since 1960 andhe died in 1980 etc. It wouldn't be the end of the world to have a bunch of screaming crazed fans in the stands instead of those who want to sit, visit and just be there taking up space. It may not be the best of all worlds but it's certanly not the end of the world either.

Besides loyalty goes both ways. As costs go up, the university needs more money etc. a loyal fan can also buck up to the plate. Can't afford it? That is not the universities problem. I can't afford it either hence I don't have season tickets. The football program is there for the university and NOT for the individual.

I understand- a little- the reasonings behind this but I think there's something people for it, including TO forgot about..

that one something NU strives on...

TRADITION.

since TO became the AD I thought we were locked for it but I guess not really T_T