Husker (Big 12) Gear Update

Went to Scheels in Des Moines last week with $80 worth of gift cards and a desire to update my Husker Gear wardrobe and the place was a gold mine. Husker shirts, hats, jerseys…you name it, they had it. Looked around for a little while to see how the rest of the Big 12 and other area schools were represented…to get a pulse on what teams “sell” in central Iowa.

The place was loaded with Hawkeye stuff…They had just got a big load of orange jumpsuits in with “property of Johnson County Jail” stenciled on the back and were busily putting those up on the racks in the Hawkeye section of the store. ISU didn’t have quite as big of an area…they had to share with the rest of the Big 12, probably because the people in Des Moines are elitist snobs who look down on the Big 12 as barbaric…

Once in the Big 12 area, I noticed that the Cyclones and the Huskers were about equally represented…about 70% of the floor space was dedicated to both teams indicating that the Huskers are a big seller here in Central Iowa. Of the other Big 12 teams…Texas, for some inexplicable reason, had a couple of racks of stuff…there was one lonely rack of Jayhawk crap standing off in one dusty, seldom visited except by the mentally handicapped corner…and someone had put a couple of obviously mis-shipped MU shirts way up on a top shelf where nobody could reach them...as if anybody wanted to.

While I was looking, I asked a guy who was stocking some shelves where I could find some Kansas State gear…he told me I could probably find some in Kansas. Then I asked him about Baylor. He rolled his eyes and told me they didn’t have any Baylor stuff either and why didn’t I go buy a Celtics jacket and he would get me a yellow highliter so I could spell out Baylor on it all by myself. Finally I asked him about Colorado and he said they ran out of toilet paper and had to use their CU gear for hygienic purposes…

I ended up buying a new Husker sweatshirt, a windbreaker and a long-sleeve t-shirt and as I was leaving, I paid a visit to the rest room so I could honor the Buffs. All in all…a good day to be a Husker fan. Remember Scheels when you’re looking for your gear.

Went to Scheels in Des Moines last week with $80 worth of gift cards and a desire to update my Husker Gear wardrobe and the place was a gold mine. Husker shirts, hats, jerseys…you name it, they had it. Looked around for a little while to see how the rest of the Big 12 and other area schools were represented…to get a pulse on what teams “sell” in central Iowa.

The place was loaded with Hawkeye stuff…They had just got a big load of orange jumpsuits in with “property of Johnson County Jail” stenciled on the back and were busily putting those up on the racks in the Hawkeye section of the store. ISU didn’t have quite as big of an area…they had to share with the rest of the Big 12, probably because the people in Des Moines are elitist snobs who look down on the Big 12 as barbaric…

Once in the Big 12 area, I noticed that the Cyclones and the Huskers were about equally represented…about 70% of the floor space was dedicated to both teams indicating that the Huskers are a big seller here in Central Iowa. Of the other Big 12 teams…Texas, for some inexplicable reason, had a couple of racks of stuff…there was one lonely rack of Jayhawk crap standing off in one dusty, seldom visited except by the mentally handicapped corner…and someone had put a couple of obviously mis-shipped MU shirts way up on a top shelf where nobody could reach them...as if anybody wanted to.

While I was looking, I asked a guy who was stocking some shelves where I could find some Kansas State gear…he told me I could probably find some in Kansas. Then I asked him about Baylor. He rolled his eyes and told me they didn’t have any Baylor stuff either and why didn’t I go buy a Celtics jacket and he would get me a yellow highliter so I could spell out Baylor on it all by myself. Finally I asked him about Colorado and he said they ran out of toilet paper and had to use their CU gear for hygienic purposes…

I ended up buying a new Husker sweatshirt, a windbreaker and a long-sleeve t-shirt and as I was leaving, I paid a visit to the rest room so I could honor the Buffs. All in all…a good day to be a Husker fan. Remember Scheels when you’re looking for your gear.

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

You amaze me.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

On the topic of fan gear, does anyone know where to get personalized authentic jerseys? Usually the university releases 1 or 2 numbers per year as authentic jerseys (ex: 5 and 9 this year), then you have to take them to a third-party to get them embroidered.

I've found it impossible to find a real authentic jersey with the numbers I want (#55 Peter, #27 Fryar, etc...). I have found replica jerseys with stitched on numbers, but they aren't true authentics.

On the topic of fan gear, does anyone know where to get personalized authentic jerseys? Usually the university releases 1 or 2 numbers per year as authentic jerseys (ex: 5 and 9 this year), then you have to take them to a third-party to get them embroidered.

I've found it impossible to find a real authentic jersey with the numbers I want (#55 Peter, #27 Fryar, etc...). I have found replica jerseys with stitched on numbers, but they aren't true authentics.

What's the difference in the different types?

For instance:

You have the "Authentic" replica.

The "Replica."

And finally, the "Authentic" Jersey.

What's the difference in the different types?

For instance:

You have the "Authentic" replica.

The "Replica."

And finally, the "Authentic" Jersey.

I think the 'Authentic Replica' and 'Replica' versions you linked to are the same thing. The word "authentic" in front of "replica" just means that its attempting to look as close to the on-field version as it can while still keeping the lower price tag (as opposed to those jerseys that have different colors, have the Blackshirts logo, etc.).

The 'Authentic' jersey you linked to is the exact on-the-field jersey the Huskers wear on game days. As opposed to replicas, which are made out of thin, 'dazzle' material, authentic jerseys are double thick heavy mesh. They also have heavy-stitched on numbers, where replicas have screen printed numbers. They usually go for $150-$200 more than 'replica' versions.

I just haven't been able to find a number-customizable Authentic jersey anywhere.

That's hard to come by, I have an authentic gameday Husker jersey {not customized} and a customized jersey {but it's a replica} I too am looking to get a customized authentic jersey for the upcomming season.

Don't know about no Husker jerseys but I know where I can find you a REAL Cyclone jersey...circa 1984. It even has what might be a blood stain on the upper right chest...a blood stain that might have come from a real live Husker after the beating administered to them by the wearer of said jersey (but, in all probability, it came from the wearer of the jersey who got his hand stepped on at some point during the monumental offensive struggle with Okie-State in 1984 season finale... which, incidently, ISU lost... <_< )

Anyway...this REAL jersey, along with a letter of authenticity, can be yours for the low, low price of you obtaining me season tickets at Memorial Stadium that I can use in perpetuity along with a personalized autographed photo of the greatest Husker QB ever...Craig Sundberg

Now now Cy, I would want to reach for the MU shirts....tisk tisk Play nice

Don't know about no Husker jerseys but I know where I can find you a REAL Cyclone jersey...circa 1984. It even has what might be a blood stain on the upper right chest...a blood stain that might have come from a real live Husker after the beating administered to them by the wearer of said jersey (but, in all probability, it came from the wearer of the jersey who got his hand stepped on at some point during the monumental offensive struggle with Okie-State in 1984 season finale... which, incidently, ISU lost... <_< )

Anyway...this REAL jersey, along with a letter of authenticity, can be yours for the low, low price of you obtaining me season tickets at Memorial Stadium that I can use in perpetuity along with a personalized autographed photo of the greatest Husker QB ever...Craig Sundberg

What's that sporting goods store the the North Grand mall? {If it's still there?} I bought an authentic ISU jersey right before I moved out here. Went for like $50.