Hometown: Skyline HS-Dallas, Texas

Position: Cornerback

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 165 lbs.

40 time: 4.38

Vertcal: 35 in.

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska

Schools of Interest: Nebraska, Kansas, Kentucky, Miami, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star

Big Red Report: :star

http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...313&sport=1

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=...amp;nid=3428108

Assessing the talent:Jr. Stats- Tck: 53, Int: 2, BR:10

Personal Opinion-Agile, and good at getting his body into position to fight for the ball. Fast enough to where if he gets beat he can catch up. Shows good form when tackling.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%, Not the first to offer but at least we dont have to worry about Texas and/or Oklahoma yet.

Edit: Well always have to worry about them. Maybe i should just hold my tongue. <_<

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Has Decommited From Oklahoma, and now has Cal As A Leader.

Is there any way we can try to make a push on this guy? :dunno

Sounds like he decommitted just because really liked his visit to Cal. Perhaps his hostess was particularly nice. ;)

:laughpound ............. :bang

or maybe it's what the hostess had with her...note nothing against him, but i freaking hate cal, my cousin went there and when i went to visit, i've never seen that much coke, pot, x and other drugs in one spot.

Committed to Cal:

ESPNU 150 prospect Steve Williams to Cal Bears

Under Armour All-American cornerback Steve Williams, who recently decommitted from the Oklahoma Sooners, has pledged to California.

He also has offers from Miami-Florida, Minnesota, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Wisconsin and Auburn.

Williams told ESPN's Billy Tucker, "I like how (the Bears) change their coverages and are more aggressive at times than Oklahoma. Their schemes match my physical style more."

"Cal is a top-10 business school. I just chose them for more than just football; I feel I will play wherever I go."

Tucker added, "Williams told us Wednesday night it came down to surroundings, academics and yes, football. He felt his versatility and aggressiveness in coverage may get exploited more at Cal."

"The Texas native excels in off-man coverage with his loose hips, smooth movement skills and great stop-start skill. There might not be a better corner at limiting initial separation off the line. Don't let his slighter frame fool you; this Under Armour All-American will come up hard supporting the perimeter pass in zone schemes with great closing burst and deceptive physicality."

"The Bears have a smaller class with just six prospects, but they have done a good job loading up in the secondary this week with No. 8 corner Williams and No. 17 safety Alex Logan (Denver/J,K. Mullen)."