Scalping Spring Game Tickets...

I couldn't believe this when I saw this on various ticket sites, Nebraska Spring Game Tickets $22 GA.

:blink:

At first I thought it was just funny, but then it just kind of pisses me off because the Spring Game is supposed to be something affordable and fun for all. Whats even worse is how we now sold those reserved tickets this year

and theres people trying to sell those for $40-60 on these ticket sites.

Just couldn't believe this and thought I'd share

as much as i dislike scalping, it does say alot about the support and interest of the program... and considering the less than spectacular season last year its a good sign of whats to come as far as the fans supporting the team goes because I heard numerous times that this fan and that fan would NEVER come to another game... blah blah blah.

the thing about scalpers is you dont have to buy their tickets... in fact i laugh my a$$ off when they have to eat pairs of tix that they cant get rid of, but at the same time the eaten tickets are usually paid for by other pairs that went for far more than face. its like anything on the black market, if the demand is high enough, you can charge whatever you want. no one puts a gun to your head to force you to buy their tix...

i know it sucks, but when you want to see a game and didnt get tix in time... what are you going to do?

i would suggest to anyone "dont wait to get your tix for anything"! Be prompt and ready to buy when they come available... then you wont have to look at scalpers offerings.

on a side note... I have 4 in a row on the 50 in row 17 for the spring game... they are NOT for sale, but because I was ready to buy when they went on sale, I ended up with the best seats I have procured thus far and I wont have to wait in line outside the stadium to ensure I get a decent seat... take my advice, do not wait to buy when things go on sale... because if you do, you are empowering scalpers to charge whatever because they too were ready to buy the day it went on sale.

dedhoarse