Bryan Wilson

I see that rivals ranks this guy as a 2 :star ..... the fact that we are losing Mickens, who is ranked as a 3 :star .. isn't good news, but not necessariy bad either. Mickens is a hair faster, but Wilson is a bit biger.

Wilson has 3 yrs of eligibility left ..... sounds like an athlete.... Did anyone else want this kid? Rankings don't make the player..... BC must have sensed that Mickens was a "soft verbal" so he acted quickly..... He must have liked what he saw with Wilson.

I see that rivals ranks this guy as a 2 :star ..... the fact that we are losing Mickens, who is ranked as a 3 :star .. isn't good news, but not necessariy bad either. Mickens is a hair faster, but Wilson is a bit biger.

Wilson has 3 yrs of eligibility left ..... sounds like an athlete.... Did anyone else want this kid? Rankings don't make the player..... BC must have sensed that Mickens was a "soft verbal" so he acted quickly..... He must have liked what he saw with Wilson.

It's a big loss if you ask me. Mickens was rated at cb and this guy is a big risk with his injury past.

Sean Callahan said the reason not to many schools were after Wilson was because nobody thought he was coming put this year. He didn't send his tape out until December. He said Texas Tech and the Big Red were the only schools that really give the tape a look. He said everyone else was to busy recruiiting guys that they had already been in contact with.

I wouldn't get too hung up that Rivals.com rated him a two star. They probably don't have any recent film on him. Once they see it, it's possible they may rate him higher. But who cares? He has been recruited by John Blake, thus he must be a great prospect regardless. As far as his speed, who knows if he is slower or faster than Mickens. Those times are inflated sometimes to build up a kid. He is possibly just as good if not better than Mickens.

I read those articles about Wilson. He sounds like a great prospect. I'm encouraged he hasn't had any knee injuries and hasn't lost any of his speed. This could be our biggest steal of this class. Like I said, Rivals.com may change their star rating on him, but it really doesn't matter. He' still the same player.

1. I wouldn't get too hung up that Rivals.com rated him a two star. They probably don't have any recent film on him.

2. But who cares? He has been recruited by John Blake, thus he must be a great prospect regardless.

3. As far as his speed, who knows if he is slower or faster than Mickens. Those times are inflated sometimes to build up a kid. He is possibly just as good if not better than Mickens.

1. WWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You guys freaking crack me up!!!!! You all but orgasm when a 4 or 5* guy gives his commit but come up with some lame crap like this when they get a 2* to commit. Ya'll would have hung Solich if he would have got this guy.

2. Just because he is being recruited by NU doesnt mean that he is a great player. Personally, I think that cally's recruiting philosophy is to shoot at everything that walks, and take the first guys that say yes. Besides, look at the 3 qbs that were given schollys last year. None of them could start at UNO, let alone UNL.

3. Who knows, all I do know is that NU is desperately thin in the secondary, and could use all the help they could get.

Formerfan, I was just expressing my opinion just like you. You don't have to be rude!!! You expect others to respect your opinions, and I think they should. But I expect the same from you!

As far as Wilson, those recruiting services don't seem to be as updated on jucos. Once they see recent film on him, they may change his rating, whether it's higher or lower, but who really cares? He is the same player regardless on how they rate him, and no I don't get hung up on the star system even though you want to believe I do. Personally I don't care if Rivals rates our class 2 or 15. Yes I think we got a lot of talent in this class, but for whatever reasons, half of them do to injuries, personal problems, academic issues, disciplinary problems, etc., will never play a down of football. As Steve Taylor just recently said, you need three to four strong classes to make a difference. And of course it depends on how these guys can coach -- the word is still out on that. But I am willing to wait and see.

Are you capable of agreeing to disagree? Can you respecfully disagree with someone? I will never be disrespecful and rude to you. Show me the same respect. Ok.

Formerfan, I was just expressing my opinion just like you. You don't have to be rude!!! You expect others to respect your opinions, and I think they should. But I expect the same from you!

As far as Wilson, those recruiting services don't seem to be as updated on jucos. Once they see recent film on him, they may change his rating, whether it's higher or lower, but who really cares? He is the same player regardless on how they rate him, and no I don't get hung up on the star system even though you want to believe I do. Personally I don't care if Rivals rates our class 2 or 15. Yes I think we got a lot of talent in this class, but for whatever reasons, half of them do to injuries, personal problems, academic issues, disciplinary problems, etc., will never play a down of football. As Steve Taylor just recently said, you need three to four strong classes to make a difference. And of course it depends on how these guys can coach -- the word is still out on that. But I am willing to wait and see.

Are you capable of agreeing to disagree? Can you respecfully disagree with someone? I will never be disrespecful and rude to you. Show me the same respect. Ok.

Strong classes will be here each and every year. We have great coaches right now and the top talent in the nation wants to play for them. The only talent the old staff could bring in was in-state talent, with maybe a trickle of talent coming from hotbeds like CA and FL. Callahan knows he's a great coach, but he needs better than 1-AA talent to work with, and we have it on the way this year.

If you felt that I disrespected you, I apologize, there was no disrespect meant to be directed your way.

I guess it just perplexes me to see people waffle around like they do, Im not saying you in particular, but its funny how when a guy commits, alot of these guys on the board all but hand him the Heisman, but when he decommits or goes elsewhere, they say that he wasnt all that he was cracked up to be.