Was Pelini the best option for the Huskers?

Was Pelini the BEST option going forward?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we made the right choice. Pelini is a solid motivator and knows his defense, and defense is what we NEEDED right now. I dont want another soft spoken offensive coach, Iwant one who will run them ragged until they learn how to play and play well. Not to mention I want them to embrace the tradition here at Nebraska.

Surprisingly, as of RIGHT NOW, I would have picked Callahan as long as the promise would have been made to revamp the entire defensive coaching staff, minus Buddy Wyatt. Also, force Callahan to quit messing with certain parts of the offense where he did not need to (i.e., offensive line, playcalling).

Ah hell, now that I think about it more, it would have required too much effort on Callahan's part to change.

What is this, a joke? I hope whoever chose the last option was kidding.

like hax said, BP's 1.0 so far. 100% winning percentage! Clearly there should be only one option on that ridiculous list.

8]

No they weren't kidding. This thread was started by a Jayhawk fan, and the last option was voted on by a Buffalo. We welcome everyone here, the good ones anyway. Why wouldn't they want Callahan to stay? Also there still are a select few Husker fans who have the thought that Callahan could have done great things here had he fired Cosgrove, woulda coulda shoulda.

Oh yes, thanks for pointing that out.

Just for the record, I was suprised some people did not pick Tom Osborne. The man his held with such reverence in the Husker community, I thought he would get more votes than 1. I asked my question straight up, and I never liked Callahan, I would argue with KC Huskers who kept speaking of the need to jettison the old to move forward with a modern system I was the one arguing the current could work pretty darn well (the current being Solich and Osborne at the time) and that the west coast offense may never be the best system in Lincoln Nebraska. No one picked the best option as having Osborne be the coach, I was just suprised people did not think he could do as well as BO. He may not want to, but I thought more people would say he was the best possible coaching option....

like hax said, BP's 1.0 so far. 100% winning percentage! Clearly there should be only one option on that ridiculous list.

8]

No they weren't kidding. This thread was started by a Jayhawk fan, and the last option was voted on by a Buffalo. We welcome everyone here, the good ones anyway. Why wouldn't they want Callahan to stay? Also there still are a select few Husker fans who have the thought that Callahan could have done great things here had he fired Cosgrove, woulda coulda shoulda.

Just for the record, I was suprised some people did not pick Tom Osborne. The man his held with such reverence in the Husker community, I thought he would get more votes than 1. I asked my question straight up, and I never liked Callahan, I would argue with KC Huskers who kept speaking of the need to jettison the old to move forward with a modern system I was the one arguing the current could work pretty darn well (the current being Solich and Osborne at the time) and that the west coast offense may never be the best system in Lincoln Nebraska. No one picked the best option as having Osborne be the coach, I was just suprised people did not think he could do as well as BO. He may not want to, but I thought more people would say he was the best possible coaching option....

T.O. is loved. T.O. is 735 years old. T.O. would throw his whole body at the task at hand... but Nancy O. would 'kill him', or he would have his re-built heart instruct him otherwise - and he would soon be our 'dead' interim head coach.

We'll be just fine with BO.

8]

T.O. is loved. T.O. is 735 years old. T.O. would throw his whole body at the task at hand... but Nancy O. would 'kill him', or he would have his re-built heart instruct him otherwise - and he would soon be our 'dead' interim head coach.

We'll be just fine with BO.

That is fair enough, but I thought somone besides me would think he is a best choice. He is 70, just stopped serving in congress a little over a year ago and was almost governor. I would say football coach is a harder job on ones health (due to workload) anyway, than most political jobs, but I thought SOMEONE would vote for him over Bo (besides me). I know he is loved, that is why I thought some people would name him the best choice...

Oh well, to each their own. I was just surprised is all..

That is fair enough, but I thought somone besides me would think he is a best choice. He is 70, just stopped serving in congress a little over a year ago and was almost governor.

almost? He got a his ass kicked.

I thought he had 45% of the vote and his opponent 49% (didn't he lose in the primary?) , that is pretty close if that is right....