was BO PENILI the right choice

i was not pleased with getting bo as the nu head coach, i wanted someone that had a proven track record and a winner....so bo was not my immediate choice. i was hoping for someone like denis errickson, arizona states head coach, or someone equal to him. bo is an up-proven label as a head coach,,, i am not confinced that he will turn around the huskers.. dennis had great success at miami, and if he would have stayed at miami, i personally think he would have a few more national championships. the guy seems to be a fairly good recruiter...and has the wildcats heading in the right direction after just one year....

as for the the talent level of this team, i don,t think its at the level to compete nationally... look at this years recruiting class,,, i believe its just a bit above average, but you have to be fair with bo, he did not have much time,,,so next years class will be more of a measuring stick. with some of the bad beatings we had last year, you sort of wonder if its the talent, bad coaching, or lack of ambition

tom osborn is not the answer to success,,,look at his decision to go with frank solich. the frank solich era began the decline of husker greatness, and frank did not have the ability to bring the star recruits to nebraska...there was something missing that would have drawn the good recruits to nu....that was probably not a good choice made by tom osborn. so his wisdom at picking great coaches has not confinced me yet that he has the answers..

so you see that i have a lot of question marks about husker football... i am a true husker supporter, but i don,t like what i see yet. bo may prove me wrong, i will just have to wait and see...just my 2 cents worth... but my opinion....hopefully , my observations are incorrect,,,,

As an odd coincidence....Bo and Tom are not all that pleased with having you as a fan...they really wanted a fan with a little more of a proven track record of being a fan...someone who has proven he can recruit some talented 5-star fans to join the fan team....

But...since you were the best fan available, they are willing to give you a chance as you may prove them wrong yet... <_<

As an odd coincidence....Bo and Tom are not all that pleased with having you as a fan...they really wanted a fan with a little more of a proven track record of being a fan...someone who has proven he can recruit some talented 5-star fans to join the fan team....

But...since you were the best fan available, they are willing to give you a chance as you may prove them wrong yet... <_<

:clap

That was funny!!!

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Anyone who doesn't think Pelini's staff will be able to recruit after some success is crazy... sure none of them will be promising starting jobs like Callahan and his staff did, but we have young, energetic coaches who have a track record of being players coaches.

We have talent... to say we don't is crazy. We might not have a lot of depth at some positions after our guys go down? Yeah defiantly. Are we USC or Texas talent, hell no we never will be because of where we're located, but I would say we are in the same group talent wise as the top 15-25 teams in the nation. We just haven't developed our talent whatsoever. Why do you think it took 4 years for the wheels to finally come off? The best players we had were either left overs from the previous coach like Jay Moore or Carriker. The only other guys who had real impacts in those 4 years were JUCOs who had been tought before they got here.

Pelini will get the foundation laid again. He will do things the right way with the correct passion and attitude of the University of Nebraska. When Callahan left the program was a complete mess and I guarantee Bo will get the basic things back to the way they should be, and also has the upside of being one of the better young Head Coaches in football.

Who knows who would have ended up being the best hire... but I know Bo is here now and I will buy into the program he's building until I see reason not to.