Spring Practice Update

Hey guys, here's some pieces from scout audio, my simplified version.

Bo Pelini: Pads will come out Friday. Today's practice was high-tempo, high energy. Guys flying around. Pelini liked the effort. He felt it was a good start. Very upbeat about things. He spent time with both sides of the ball, involved a bit more with the defense, though, being that's the greater need with the new system. Teaching is a big part of these initial stages, small steps, measurement of effort.

Cody Glenn: He talked more about how he was disappointed in Callahan not playing him when he said he had certain plays, but didn't follow through. He used some pretty strong language in this regard. He felt lied to, didn't trust anything Bill said. He'd get his family all psyched up when he'd get them down to see a game because he'd been told he'd play, but he rode the bench the whole time. He's looking forward to the opportunities and honesty the new coaching staff brings.

Philip Dillard: He's slimmed down, feels faster. 238 or thereabouts. Was up to 260 at one point. He says everyone has bought into the system and are playing their asses off. Pelini is hands on, talking to every player. He corrects as he goes because he wants everything perfect every time. Everyone is giving it everything they got to prove themselves to Bo, to prove the team has talent. There's still a bit of confusion with the defense, but everyone got better throughout the day. If a play went wrong, the players got pissed, wanted to do it again. Speed is heavily focussed upon, and getting to the ball.

Well, that's about it for now. Hope this whets some appetites. I gotta say, everyone sounded very pleased and positive in the interviews. I know it's just first day stuff, but hell, what else do we have to do?

I will be attending a practice or two...or more :)

I can't wait to see how everything goes down.

How you doing that? Practices are closed to the public and the media. <_<

I can't wait to see the results of having Bo there...I know that it will be immediately noticeable in the amount of energy displayed by the players...and probably the coaches. :box

I am READY for the season to start....though I know the team isn't quite there yet. I think we fans have been practicing long enough....we are ready!! :koolaid2:

Cody Glenn: He talked more about how he was disappointed in Callahan not playing him when he said he had certain plays, but didn't follow through. He used some pretty strong language in this regard. He felt lied to, didn't trust anything Bill said. He'd get his family all psyched up when he'd get them down to see a game because he'd been told he'd play, but he rode the bench the whole time. He's looking forward to the opportunities and honesty the new coaching staff brings.

I read another article that said the same thing, but had Randy Jordan's name in place of Callahan's. Is this mad libs for the coaching blame game?

I read another article that said the same thing, but had Randy Jordan's name in place of Callahan's. Is this mad libs for the coaching blame game?

That's probably accurate. I wasn't able to hear the question posed, so I assumed it was Callahan. Either way, though, I suppose, it probably holds true. Cally had a pretty tight hold of that offense, so whatever decisions were made between the coaches and Glenn probably reflected Callahan's decisions.