Watching the D in 2003

I went back and watched the 2003 season over again.

I could not believe how well the D improved as the season went on. They were more confident and REALLY aggressive and were totally different by AtM than they were at OSU (granted that was just the first game).

Anyway, as I watched the season play out again, watching the D with unbiased (ya right) eyes, I am even more convinced we got the right coaches to right this ship.

Bo Big Red

you want to share any dvd's of those games with me? I'd gladly pay you for media & shipping. lol

I need to expand my collection, I don't have much on hand.

Especially the early 2000's. I need something to give me a fix this summer.

Played EXTREMELY POOR vs SPREAD TYPE OFFENSES with MOBILE QBs, Texas, KSU and Missouri!

you want to share any dvd's of those games with me? I'd gladly pay you for media & shipping. lol

I need to expand my collection, I don't have much on hand.

Especially the early 2000's. I need something to give me a fix this summer.

Go to huskervideo.com, they have lots of the games and seasons from the past decade. I got the 2003 season after Christmas and have been watching it. I agree that the D got better with each game.

Played EXTREMELY POOR vs SPREAD TYPE OFFENSES with MOBILE QBs, Texas, KSU and Missouri!

I agree. But, that was just his first year as DC. I think he would have (don't start dedhoarse ) fixed it by the second year if he would have got the chance.

Not only that, Missery had to pull some crazy stuff to beat us and BP had no control over the offense. And watching those games over reminded me of how Jammal Lord's passes ALWAYS hit the ground 5 yards in front of the reciever.

And also, BP could take the second string HS defense and make them play harder and better than KC with 20 five star players anyday.

johnny husker makes a great point about the offense in 03. Against any D with a pulse they couldn't do anything, which definitely made it tough for the Blackshirts in the UT, KSU, and MU games.

Also, the spread is not near as new as it was in 03. There is much more film of how to slow down and stop it. Hell, even Cosgrove did some good things against MU two years ago. Bo will be able to put together solid schemes for the spread.

johnny husker makes a great point about the offense in 03. Against any D with a pulse they couldn't do anything, which definitely made it tough for the Blackshirts in the UT, KSU, and MU games.

Also, the spread is not near as new as it was in 03. There is much more film of how to slow down and stop it. Hell, even Cosgrove did some good things against MU two years ago. Bo will be able to put together solid schemes for the spread.

This NFL scheme, which is the same run by USC, Pellini learned it from Carroll in NFL is WEAK vs spread, more specifically a SPREAD OPTION. USC vs Oregon, had a great defense, but had mucho trouble with the Ducks. LSU vs Arkansas and Florida, they had trouble stopping Florida's offense, unfortunatley for Gators, their CBs were freshmen and got SMOKED to put them out of the game. This defense will kill a traditional 2 back offense, but had trouble adjusting to the OPTION or a MOBILE QB! Look back at SC vs VA Tech and vs KSU, that scheme ALWAYS had trouble.

hskerprid, i will tell you how to rip your dvd's if you tell me you will send me the files afterwards!

:P

Well that sounds good, but you would have to describe it to me in the most basic of layman's terms. In the

venacular of Tuff Tiger " I isn't reel gud wid dem puter's n such". :moreinteresting I do a real good job of freezing our

computer up every couple of months much to the chagrin of the wife. :wacko: The quality on some of the

tapes is not very good. Some of them were in storage in a damp basement for years. But they still play,

sound quality on the early 90's tapes isn't that good. It might be easier if I just bought a deck to dub them

to dvd then download and send :dunno