Weight: 240 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Penn State, Toledo, Alabama, Army

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: ILB prospect is hearing from lots of schools and is sure to collect further offers. He is a star RB and LB on his HS team. Potential to also play DE and/or FB.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20%. Says he may camp at Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Penn State. His dad, Vince Marrow, went to same HS as Bo Pelini. His dad Vince is an assistant coach at Toldeo.

Video (featured mostly at RB):

http://www.scoutingohio.com/Mike_Marrow_New_Albany.htm

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

lists Nebraska and Alabama as his favorites.

Curious mix as Penn State has offered and a couple of other Big Ten schools are talking about offering. I wonder if it has to do with position as I think other schools see him as more FB prospect than at LB. Maybe he just wants to get away from home.

FYI He played for New Albany (Columbus) last year.

Latest from Husker Journal. Will be interesting to see how this one unfolds. Sounds like we are in the mix and will get visit but we are already competing hard vs. Penn State and Alabama...and may end up against Notre Dame and Ohio State. I think he is LB prospect for us....may be RB/FB for others.

MAY 17, 2008. PREP STAR

MIKE MARROW, RB/FB, 6-1, 240, 4.7, TOLEDO (CENTRAL CATHOLIC), OHIO

Mike has offers from Alabama, Nebraska, Penn State, Army and Toledo.

“I know the head coach Bo Pelini (Nebraska).” said Marrow, “My dad is good friends with Bo they use to play basketball together at Cardinal Mooney (Youngstown-Ohio). Just last week all the Nebraska coaches sent me hand written letters in one big envelope.”

“I don’t know much about Nebraska.” he said, “I’m going to visit them and Alabama this summer.”

“Alabama said I could play early. I know the Alabama coaches well.” said Marrow, “Coach Sabin sends me lots of letters and said they want me bad. I like the area, the SEC. Right now Alabama and Penn State are my top two schools.”

“I like Penn State’s tradition.” he said, “Last year I went to the Penn State and Purdue game. I really liked it a lot, the campus is nice.”

“Joe Paterno’s son Jay came by my school last week I missed him because I had a math test.”

“Notre Dame said they will offer me in June. They want to see my test scores first.” said Marrow, “Notre Dame is the only school that is recruiting me as a fullback. Others want me as a running back. Notre Dame said they only want one fullback (2009 class).”

“We just moved to Toledo last year from Columbus. My dad took a job here. Ohio State said they will offer me later. I went to some of their games last season.” he said

“Michigan State came by last week to get film. It looks like they might offer me later.”

Mike added that he would like to visit schools this summer and make a decision by fall. Alabama, Penn State, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Nebraska are among the schools Marrow would like to visit. Mike said he might not make the Penn State trip because of distance.

• 1 month later...