ISU game - Season tickets only

http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll...032/1008/sports

I dont know if this has been posted yet.

Hopefully, it wont be long and Iowa and NU will be fed up with this and will turn around and give it to them just as bad. To see a game at NU you practically already need a season ticket, however the ticket price for the away team is $54. That is $54 to see a game at a stadium 2x as big and a team that has won 5 NC. ISU is charging $90 to watch a game in a glorified hog confinement and a team that has never won anything. ISU’s excuse: its all about demand. Well how bout NU turns this on its head and next year figures out the demand to see a game in Lincoln and charges $200 a ticket.

I cant stand how ISU is basically holding other teams fans hostage to subsidize their own program, all because the school drew up plans for their stadium that they cant afford.

Hopefully, it wont be long and Iowa and NU will be fed up with this and will turn around and give it to them just as bad. To see a game at NU you practically already need a season ticket, however the ticket price for the away team is $54. That is $54 to see a game at a stadium 2x as big and a team that has won 5 NC. ISU is charging $90 to watch a game in a glorified hog confinement and a team that has never won anything. ISU’s excuse: its all about demand. Well how bout NU turns this on its head and next year figures out the demand to see a game in Lincoln and charges $200 a ticket.

I cant stand how ISU is basically holding other teams fans hostage to subsidize their own program, all because the school drew up plans for their stadium that they cant afford.

Don't be a selfish bastard...where do you think the money to pay the guy that holds the down marker comes from? You trying to take the food out of my mouth with your complaining or what? Quit whining and dig deep. The money you spend on Saturday at Ames is the hooker I wake up with Sunday in Ames....

Don't be a selfish bastard...where do you think the money to pay the guy that holds the down marker comes from? You trying to take the food out of my mouth with your complaining or what? Quit whining and dig deep. The money you spend on Saturday at Ames is the hooker I wake up with Sunday in Ames....

If ISU wants to only sell season tickets to this game, that is fine. But I have a serious problem with the price gouging on the 4k allotment NU gets. $90 a ticket is absurd, especially when the same game only in Licoln only charges $60. You cant tell me the game is more in demand when it is played in that so called stadium. It is only a matter of time untill teams start doing this and worse back to them. I cant wait till this backfires and NU fans buy 25,000 season tickets and then ISU is left with a half full stadium the rest of the year.

If ISU wants to only sell season tickets to this game, that is fine. But I have a serious problem with the price gouging on the 4k allotment NU gets. $90 a ticket is absurd, especially when the same game only in Licoln only charges $60. You cant tell me the game is more in demand when it is played in that so called stadium. It is only a matter of time untill teams start doing this and worse back to them. I cant wait till this backfires and NU fans buy 25,000 season tickets and then ISU is left with a half full stadium the rest of the year.

You're starting to sound like Hawkeye fans. ISU is doing what they have to do to generate revenue to develop a better program. Period. Updates for the stadium, better coach, better product on the field.

Billdozer, I May be wrong but that may be exactly what Pollard wants, to him a season ticket sale is a season ticket sale, whether that fan shows up for every game or one game. It's no secret that ISU fans don't buy them all, so at least he gets some value for them. Those plus the gouging of the allotted tickets may get them in the black.

It's simply business. Is it smart to burn your own fans to get more from the fans of the opponents that travel well, probably not in the long run, but if they can turn that extra cash into a winning team than they can lower the prices again and sell the tickets to their own fans, if not at least it will give them enough money to pay their coach for a few years before he gets a better gig at a school where he can actually build a program.

You're starting to sound like Hawkeye fans. ISU is doing what they have to do to generate revenue to develop a better program. Period. Updates for the stadium, better coach, better product on the field.

Exactly...and seriously...think about it. ISU has the smallest stadium of all the Big 12 schools with an offical capacity of 55,000 and, thus, the smallest athletic budget available in the Big 12 resulting in what could realistically be called the worst football product put on the field in the Big 12 (that might actually be Baylor...but that's a debate for another time). One of Pollard's priorities was to update the football program and facilities and, with existing constraints of the stadium about the only way he could realistically do that is to raise ticket prices. Look at it this way...if a game is held in Nebraska and it sells out to the capacity of 85,500 at...say...$60 a seat, that's $5,130,000. Now if the same game is in Ames and it sells out at 55,000 at $60 a seat, ISU only brings in $3,300,000. Hell...even when the price gets bumped up to $90 a ticket ISU still brings in less for a sellout than the Huskers selling their tickets at $60. And ISU realistically knows that it isn't going to draw sellout crowds in to see South Dakota State or Kent State...so why bother. Package up the big games and take advantage of the popularity of the NU or MU football programs. It's not like you don't use ISU to bolster the ol W-L record every year....

It would be nice to have a respectable football program year after year but with the budget constraints we've had, that has proven impossible so if we have to build respectability on the bodies of other successful programs...so be it. I'm 100% behind Pollard and his plan.

Yeah! Ya gotta admire a man who understands priorities!

Though I don't like it, it's an understandable move from the ISU athletic department. Their team is terrible and pretty much always will be, so you have to make revenue any way you can. And besides, none of this is going to stop me from getting a hillside seat and getting plastered, so it's not a big deal to me either way.

Though I don't like it, it's an understandable move from the ISU athletic department. Their team is terrible and pretty much always will be, so you have to make revenue any way you can. And besides, none of this is going to stop me from getting a hillside seat and getting plastered, so it's not a big deal to me either way.

Now we're talkin' my type of priorities

Yes, and doing so at the expense of Husker fans. It would seem that ISU would be the "selfish bastards." If they want more revenue they should do the following:

1. Win more games!!! Make there own fan base want to travel. Give people a reason to care enough to attend.

2. Expand the seating above that of a large high school, or maybe just switch to arena ball.

3. Make fans feel more welcome. Do this by sending a message of "Come visit and see what we offer. Watch a great sporting event. Dine and shop at our local businesses. Visit our beautiful campus."

4. Don't make fans feel unwelcome by sending a message of " WE NEED MONEY, and we are going to charge you almost double to make up for our short-comings. Why stay in the comfort of your own home or in your local pub watching the game on a large HDTV, when you can come here for double of what you pay in Lincoln." ISU can try to justify this anyway they want, but it simply spells out to the public just how bad their football program is doing financially (what a great recruiting message).

Also, you say "You're starting to sound like Hawkeye fans." This is interesting. If many are starting to say similar things about a specific subject, it just may be true. Although it is disturbing being put into a category with squawkeye fans.

Welp, economics 101...as I recall it...taught me that lower prices generally bring in more customers, and higher prices keep them away. So I certainly hope Mr Pollard *CAN* find 4000 husker fans and however many Cyclone fans that would be willing to blow $90 on one ticket.

plus $5 for a coke, $7 for a hot dog, $12 for cotton candy, $36 for a beer, $186.39 for a COLD beer.. $900 for an old used Cyclone t-shirt...etc etc etc

Or whatever their prices are for what they sell. Ive never been there for a game. Went for a Rolling Stones concert and a U2 concert. Never for a football game.

I'm still surprised to find out they HAVE a football team in Ames.... :)