SIGNED: ATH Rex Burkhead

The long dog days of summer are on the way and I'm already tired of waiting for football season. 2 more months and Rex will officially be in Nebraska.

I'm resisting the urge to gush about this young man, but DANG I cannot wait to see how he changes the equation. I think his work ethic and guts will elevate everyone around him.

I'm calling it right now. Given everything that I've seen and read about him, I'm sure he will be our best player for the next four years. Maybe the best ever.

Yeah, I just said that. Just wait.

Yikes.

I'll admit it's a bold statement, but with that being said, you won't find anyone with a stronger work ethic and smarts on the field. He just flat out makes defenders look stupid.

post-6325-1238600164.jpg

I'm calling it right now. Given everything that I've seen and read about him, I'm sure he will be our best player for the next four years. Maybe the best ever.

Yikes.

I'll admit it's a bold statement, but with that being said, you won't find anyone with a stronger work ethic and smarts on the field. He just flat out makes defenders look stupid.

I guess I'm just tired of the hype. :dunno

Everyone wants to find the next super recruit to hang their hat on... and the majority don't ever make a meaningful contribution. Burkhead, if he EVER is our best player in the next four years, will probably not be at the top until he is an upperclassman.

Yikes.

Everyone wants to find the next super recruit to hang their hat on... and the majority don't ever make a meaningful contribution. Burkhead, if he EVER is our best player in the next four years, will probably not be at the top until he is an upperclassman.

I can understand that with football season SO FAR AWAY!!! Most of what you hear of Rex is absolutely true. No smoke and mirrors with him.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry dude, that is just soooooo freaking ridiculous to say. 16 years old?

Yikes.

I can understand that with football season SO FAR AWAY!!! Most of what you hear of Rex is absolutely true. No smoke and mirrors with him.

Who said anything about smoke and mirrors? I am saying Division I college football is a far cry from high school ball. Although he played in a competitive high school league, Burkhead has not faced the talent that he will face against even the weaker Division I team. Let the kid actually touch the field before you crown him.

(When will some Husker fans learn their lesson? DON'T HYPE PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY WILL DISAPPOINT MORE OFTEN THAN THEY SUCCEED. See Curt Dukes, Harrison Beck, Marlon Lucky, Sam Keller, etc. etc. etc. etc.)

Yikes.

Who said anything about smoke and mirrors? I am saying Division I college football is a far cry from high school ball. Although he played in a competitive high school league, Burkhead has not faced the talent that he will face against even the weaker Division I team. Let the kid actually touch the field before you crown him.

(When will some Husker fans learn their lesson? DON'T HYPE PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY WILL DISAPPOINT MORE OFTEN THAN THEY SUCCEED. See Curt Dukes, Harrison Beck, Marlon Lucky, Sam Keller, etc. etc. etc. etc.)

I wasn't crowning anyone and I'm not a huskers fan yet. I'm a Burkhead fan and joined simply because of him. What I meant by smoke and mirrors was not to say that he is the greatest thing to hit Nebraska, but rather to imply that what you see is what you get with him. He is a no nonsense, hard working kid with great athletesism and football smarts. That's it. Oh, by the way, I hope to become a life long Husker fan because I do know a lot about the program and am happy Burkhead chose to attend. I believe he fits the build of the Husker nation.

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

Like I originally said, that's a bold statement.

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

I'm a bold man. I don't piddle around with no child's play.

• 2 weeks later...

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

Hmmm...and apparently unaware of Nebraska's history of outstanding players that the astronomically low chance that a given recruit will best them all.

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

Hmmm...and apparently unaware of Nebraska's history of outstanding players that the astronomically low chance that a given recruit will best them all.

I agree it was very bold but this last sentance confuses me. Astronomically and low are complete opposites

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

I agree it was very bold but this last sentance confuses me. Astronomically and low are complete opposites

Ha yeah that sentence doesn't make sense.

No he's 18 or 19 ;)

They aren't complete opposites when one is used as an intensifier. It's the equivalent of saying it's "very cold." In a easier to comprehend context, if you shot off into space in a rocket there is an astronomically low chance of hitting a star.

as'tro·nom'i·cal·ly adv. - Of enormous magnitude; immense:

i.e. - equivalent to an extremely low chance that Burkhead exceeds the production of our best players.

Keep going to your English classes.... :)